Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
nordstrom.ca Boxing Day

austin hiking boot $35.08, free shipping (gta?), $39.64 all-in

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2023 10:38 am
[OP]
Member
Sep 16, 2012
224 posts
256 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH

[Boxing Day] austin hiking boot $35.08, free shipping (gta?), $39.64 all-in

Deal Link:
Price:
$39.64
Retailer:
nordstrom.ca
never bought anything from nordstrom before, so have no idea what their shipping policy is, but it appears that they're shipping it to me for free (i'm in toronto). it says it's leather, so i took one for the team - will let you know quality when i receive it
Images
  • Screenshot_20221227-124614-497.png
20 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1559 posts
986 upvotes
Toronto
Their return policy seems iffy.. a lot of words used to reject a return if they want.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1995 posts
2051 upvotes
Toronto
Electrah wrote: Their return policy seems iffy.. a lot of words used to reject a return if they want.
its actually very good - almost like costcos id say, not as generous but its not the same clientel.

i know people who have returned winter coats after a season or two, ect.

If your not happy, your not happy. The more you spend, the more they will do to keep you happy.

This is for a higher end target demo, they will return unused/unworn items within 30 days no issue for sure. you can often take much l onger with it.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
26806 posts
24266 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Electrah wrote: Their return policy seems iffy.. a lot of words used to reject a return if they want.
Their return policy is (or at least was) legendary. See The Nordy Pod: The Truth About Nordstrom’s Legendary Tire Story.

Note that the shoes in the OP aren't real hiking boots, at least not for real hikers. But the price seems good for something that's better than dress shoes for walking on unpaved trails.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 27, 2005
2024 posts
1417 upvotes
Ordered. Will return if it's not good.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1995 posts
2051 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote: Their return policy is (or at least was) legendary. See The Nordy Pod: The Truth About Nordstrom’s Legendary Tire Story.

Note that the shoes in the OP aren't real hiking boots, at least not for real hikers. But the price seems good for something that's better than dress shoes for walking on unpaved trails.
yeah, i remember reading about that one lol.

speaking of which, my winter coat i got from there a pre-covid is starting to show wear. i may ask the customer service if they can do anything next time im in.

their tailors on-site are pretty dope. it comes "free" outside of clearance priced stuff.
Last edited by krn905 on Dec 27th, 2022 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3992 posts
2937 upvotes
Calgary
Didnt need it but for $36Flushed Face, why not. Says burnished leather uppers so if I interpret that correctly, yes its full leather boots. Since its hiking, I would also assume its gonna be waterproofing & good for winter usage.

Def worth the $36.xx (all in my case). Thanks OP
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
26806 posts
24266 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
scotsum wrote: Since its hiking, I would also assume its gonna be waterproofing & good for winter usage.
I wouldn't assume that. Note all the stitching around the soles. Unless they threads are impregnated with wax or the maker has otherwise taken steps to waterproof these boots they may be only water-resistant. Normally if a proper hiking boot is waterproof the seller will say so or designate that with something like GTX (Gore-tex's trademark for waterproofed footwear.)

Still this is a decent price for sturdy footwear from a reputable source (as opposed to something like Hi-Tec from Crappy Tyre/Mark's Wearsouthouse.)
veni, vidi, Visa
Sr. Member
Jul 17, 2007
628 posts
286 upvotes
scotsum wrote: Didnt need it but for $36Flushed Face, why not. Says burnished leather uppers so if I interpret that correctly, yes its full leather boots. Since its hiking, I would also assume its gonna be waterproofing & good for winter usage.

Def worth the $36.xx (all in my case). Thanks OP
BP. Is a Nordstrom private label that looks to make fast fashion. From the internet BP. "which used to make up a large portion of Nordstrom's renamed Juniors department, and now resides within the Trend and Young Adult category"

So probably some sort of leather but I wouldn't consider these hiking boots at all.

How much longer until Canada retail is 100% private labels in store and on sale while quality brands are just dropped shipped at the full manufacturers MSRP never to go on sale or be stocked in store.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 19, 2015
7458 posts
7687 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Ordered. Free shipping
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines
Fringe Minority
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1995 posts
2051 upvotes
Toronto
edifonzo wrote: BP. Is a Nordstrom private label that looks to make fast fashion. From the internet BP. "which used to make up a large portion of Nordstrom's renamed Juniors department, and now resides within the Trend and Young Adult category"

So probably some sort of leather but I wouldn't consider these hiking boots at all.

How much longer until Canada retail is 100% private labels in store and on sale while quality brands are just dropped shipped at the full manufacturers MSRP never to go on sale or be stocked in store.
Loblaws really pushing for that on the food front.

PC / NoName EVERYTHING.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3992 posts
2937 upvotes
Calgary
edifonzo wrote: How much longer until Canada retail is 100% private labels in store and on sale while quality brands are just dropped shipped at the full manufacturers MSRP never to go on sale or be stocked in store.
Dude I'm just getting a pair cheap boots that seems decent quality. Dont get & perhaps more importantly, dont wanna know what the heck you just wrote. Seems hilarious tho 🤣
Sr. Member
Jul 17, 2007
628 posts
286 upvotes
scotsum wrote: Dude I'm just getting a pair cheap boots that seems decent quality. Dont get & perhaps more importantly, dont wanna know what the heck you just wrote. Seems hilarious tho 🤣
How can you tell if these boots are a good deal? There are no reviews, no brand/manufacturer history, no comparative prices or price history. Other than Nordstrom saying these are on sale we are out of luck.

Look around at suggested and positively reviewed products on the internet. You will find that most reviews are US based. Now try to find those products in Canada, you can't for the vast majority of them and if you can you are absolutely not getting anywhere near a deal. But you can find low quality versions of goods by brands owned by Canadian retail monopolies.

This is a rapidly increasing issue that was not as bad 5 years ago.

Just compare Nordstrom.ca with .com. Big difference on brand availability.

Canadian consumers are not very savvy.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3992 posts
2937 upvotes
Calgary
edifonzo wrote: How can you tell if these boots are a good deal? There are no reviews, no brand/manufacturer history, no comparative prices or price history. Other than Nordstrom saying these are on sale we are out of luck.

Look around at suggested and positively reviewed products on the internet. You will find that most reviews are US based. Now try to find those products in Canada, you can't for the vast majority of them and if you can you are absolutely not getting anywhere near a deal. But you can find low quality versions of goods by brands owned by Canadian retail monopolies.

This is a rapidly increasing issue that was not as bad 5 years ago.

Just compare Nordstrom.ca with .com. Big difference on brand availability.

Canadian consumers are not very savvy.
Absoxxxfreakinxxxlutely I admit I'm not savvy. But Being that its all leather (says so right on the page) & being that its Nordstrom (& not Bigggdaddybois garage store plus for 36 buckaroos all in, I figured its a good deal...nay its a freakin hot deal. IMO ofcos, from a total pleb non elite pov. I get you got yours but everyone's got theirs too Winking Face
Sr. Member
Jul 17, 2007
628 posts
286 upvotes
scotsum wrote: Absoxxxfreakinxxxlutely I admit I'm not savvy. But Being that its all leather (says so right on the page) & being that its Nordstrom (& not Bigggdaddybois garage store plus for 36 buckaroos all in, I figured its a good deal...nay its a freakin hot deal. IMO ofcos, from a total pleb non elite pov. I get you got yours but everyone's got theirs too Winking Face
Oh yeah. I think these are a very good deal at under $50. I was just complaining about all the private label stuff I am seeing recently.
Jr. Member
User avatar
May 7, 2008
179 posts
52 upvotes
Cal Gary
All the links in this thread are dead.

Top