Bridgewater

HOT: Nike Air Max 1G Golf Shoes - Black w/ FS 69.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
$90 Off
Retailer:
Nordstrom
Nike Air Max 1G Golf Shoes in black for 69.99 + tax w/ FS. Regularly sell for $160 at Golftown and Sport Chek

Dont know of any discount codes
23 replies
Jun 1, 2005
123 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Only if Ford can listen to his science advisors and open the golf course in Ontario. Really stupid that they lock down outdoor activities :-(
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1942 posts
583 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
seems good discount and quality, I don't need golf shoe, but maybe it is good in walking.

how is it to be hiking shoe or running shoe?
I guess it is too heavy to be running shoe but lack of water proof to be hiking shoe, correct?
Maybe hoard one for summer hiking so less smell after taking off.
<No Anti-Liberal political content in signatures>
Nov 22, 2017
276 posts
230 upvotes
Pretty great price but I did just buy a new pair not that long ago...
Dec 29, 2007
529 posts
273 upvotes
Tempted but still think I like spikes.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3247 posts
544 upvotes
For a casual player, does anyone know if there is much difference golfing in shoes with this sort of tread vs. traditional golf shoes? Can anyone who has switched comment?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1522 posts
389 upvotes
Richmond, BC
mc_molineux wrote: For a casual player, does anyone know if there is much difference golfing in shoes with this sort of tread vs. traditional golf shoes? Can anyone who has switched comment?
I bought a pair previously just for simple pitch and putt, I find the grip helps on the slopes and muddy wet areas. The ones I have also keep my feet a bit more dry, although these don't seem to be as water proof.

Did it make my game any better imo, no...but at least I don't fall on my butt if I hit the ball off to the side of the course on a wet slope.

I bought mine a the Nike outlet though for like $40.

For a casual player, if you have $69 to blow, space your place to store them I would invest in shoes for golf.
Oct 21, 2013
258 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP - now only if I could find a decently priced set to go with it...
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2930 posts
2543 upvotes
Markham
napoleonbot wrote: seems good discount and quality, I don't need golf shoe, but maybe it is good in walking.

how is it to be hiking shoe or running shoe?
I guess it is too heavy to be running shoe but lack of water proof to be hiking shoe, correct?
Maybe hoard one for summer hiking so less smell after taking off.
I don't own these but own several pairs of golf AND hiking shoes.

These Nikes are not fully waterproof, so that's going to be an issue for hiking unless you do so in dryer conditions. I personally prefer full waterproof hiking shoes, which mine are, to deal with the trails as I hike near water.

I do own waterproof golf shoes, but they aren't as durable as my hiking shoes. Hiking shoes handle the rough terrain better and less likely to tear if you scrape a rock.

Not suitable at all as running shoes. I can't imagine having to run in these things as they'd be noisy and better running shoes exist. Perfectly fine for walking though, even on pavement.

Really, my point though is I got a $40 pair of Asolos that suit my hiking needs perfectly, and cheaper.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Jun 17, 2006
410 posts
208 upvotes
mc_molineux wrote: For a casual player, does anyone know if there is much difference golfing in shoes with this sort of tread vs. traditional golf shoes? Can anyone who has switched comment?
For a casual player, if you play golf early in the AM, or in wet conditions, golf shoes are worth the price of admission for dry feet alone but the added grip they provide is really where they shine. Stability in your golf swing starts from the ground up so... make good contact with proper footwear.

That being said, these golf shoes are best suited for nice, dry summer afternoons. The fabric doesn't clean super well getting wet/dirty/dusty. I've got a pair, they're super comfortable and yes, you can wear them whenever, but I pick and choose when I wear them... but I also have like 6 pairs of golf shoes and play 3-4 times a week so...
Dec 21, 2015
667 posts
308 upvotes
Canada
No size 9
Would have bought it if it was in stock
Good deal
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3247 posts
544 upvotes
krazynuck wrote: I bought a pair previously just for simple pitch and putt, I find the grip helps on the slopes and muddy wet areas. The ones I have also keep my feet a bit more dry, although these don't seem to be as water proof.

Did it make my game any better imo, no...but at least I don't fall on my butt if I hit the ball off to the side of the course on a wet slope.

I bought mine a the Nike outlet though for like $40.

For a casual player, if you have $69 to blow, space your place to store them I would invest in shoes for golf.
sickens wrote: For a casual player, if you play golf early in the AM, or in wet conditions, golf shoes are worth the price of admission for dry feet alone but the added grip they provide is really where they shine. Stability in your golf swing starts from the ground up so... make good contact with proper footwear.

That being said, these golf shoes are best suited for nice, dry summer afternoons. The fabric doesn't clean super well getting wet/dirty/dusty. I've got a pair, they're super comfortable and yes, you can wear them whenever, but I pick and choose when I wear them... but I also have like 6 pairs of golf shoes and play 3-4 times a week so...
Thank you for the replies. I should have been more clear... I do have regular golf shoes (that are starting to wear out) so I definitely know the advantage of golf shoes vs. playing in regular sneakers. I guess I was mostly wondering if these grip nearly as well as full golf shoes, or would it be more like playing in sneakers?
Jul 14, 2014
20 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
sickens wrote: For a casual player, if you play golf early in the AM, or in wet conditions, golf shoes are worth the price of admission for dry feet alone but the added grip they provide is really where they shine. Stability in your golf swing starts from the ground up so... make good contact with proper footwear.

Agreed i have few different pairs that i rotate and these are for more dry rounds. If your casual player and only want one pair i'd get ones with spikes imo.
Dec 2, 2007
342 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
I have been switching back and forth between traditional golf shoes and the new style golf shoes that are more like running shoes. The traditional style's soft spikes are definitely more grippy but the new ones are sufficient in my opinion. The advantage of the newer type of golf shoes is that you can walk better on pavement, they are lighter, and I wear them straight to the golf course.

However, if you are a player than really wants to feel the ground and want the maximum grip especially in the rough then I would stick to the traditional golf shoes. I feel there is less of a difference when you are playing in the fairway. Subjectively, I would say the new styles grip about 50% as good as the full spikes. I probably use the new type 80 percent of the time. Good to have both.