A Nordstrom Warehouse Sale is Coming to the GTA

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2015 8:22 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12143 posts
2764 upvotes
Guelph
Mandatory coat check. No large bags in allowed. LOL. Style democracy sales usually suck...imo
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2011
2715 posts
968 upvotes
Yellowknife
squall458 wrote: Mandatory coat check. No large bags in allowed. LOL. Style democracy sales usually suck...imo
or leave your coat in your car and just bring your credit card :idea:
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12143 posts
2764 upvotes
Guelph
coupondiva2012 wrote: or leave your coat in your car and just bring your credit card :idea:
Im not complaining per se just a weird policy I suspect is to combat theft?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2002
2879 posts
134 upvotes
Markham
For guys, it was awful.
Was there between 7 and 9 tonight.

They didn't even check for your AMEX card at the door; just walked right in.
Shoes: sizes from 7-12. Tables were bare by the time I got there. Quite a few styles, but butt ugly. Some boots, some canvas style shoes, had 1 or 2 styles of Nike and Asics runners. Nothing my style.
Men's Tops: Arranged by sizes. They had about 6 racks of Mediums...alot of dress shirts, some out of style wool sweaters, dress hoodies.
Jackets: one rack of each size. Not the greatest selection either. 1 or 2 Helly Hansen, But mostly stuff I didn't recognize.
Pants: Oddest sizes possible (31/34, 30/36, 32/36...Whole boat load of 36-38 waist sizes) Jeans, cords, skinny docker style pants.
They have a room with "brand name" stuff. Supposed to have jewellery and watches. Nothing left by the time we got there. Some suits and leather jackets (regular prices over $1000) Didn't bother looking. Women's brand names started at size 6+

For women, as usual MUCH bigger selection (About 3 times the selection compared to men)

Sale prices range from 60-80% off. They have signs posted everywhere telling you what the sale price will be (quite confusing)
Prices are calculated off regular ticketed price. So you need to keep referring to the signs as the sale prices on the tags are incorrect.

A small selection of kids clothing as well.

Coat check wasn't being enforced either. I walked in with a whole bunch of people without coats. Once we were in, there were a handful of people with lighter coats (They make you check bulkier jackets)

Today was save 10% automatically if purchasing on your AMEX. Not sure what the rest of the weekend will be.

Talking with the staff, they will restock EVERYDAY and THROUGHOUT the day. All stock is basically the same styles, they are just slowly bringing out different sizes.
There is a huge area in the back (staff only) that have racks and racks of more stuff...but they are all the same stuff as were already on the racks.

Walked out with nothing. Not worth it unless you are already close by. Don't bother driving out there.
Friend got 2 winter jackets (regular $200-300 marked down to $70-$99)

All in all, crap for guys, may be worth it for women.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2002
2879 posts
134 upvotes
Markham
Becks wrote:
What are the changing areas like?
As usual for these types of sales, black curtained off area. All open inside, one for guys in the middle of the floor. The Womens is inside a smaller board room area.
Small full length mirrors available in the change rooms.
Mar 13, 2010
134 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Becks wrote: What's the refund policy? Final sale?

What are the changing areas like?
Everything is final sale.

The changing areas are basically a curtained-off area where you can see everyone else changing. Picture a room with 3 mirrors and a bunch of half-naked guys/girls. There's also no place to put your own clothes, except the floor.
Sep 23, 2009
268 posts
24 upvotes
Went last night as an Amex Card holder. Walked in -- no one bothered to ask to see my Amex.

Sale was absolute crap.

Wife and I both thought it was horrible. Mostly brands you didn't recognize and stuff you wouldn't want to wear even if it was free.

I went into the "designer room" or whatever it was called that had the higher end stuff, and most of the guys stuff looked like it had been terribly cared for. E.g., they had some Canali sport jackets that were marked down to $500 or so, but they were so wrinkled and mishapen, it looked like someone had shoved them into a box for storage for a year and then just recently pulled them out and stuck them on a hanger. No way to treat a quality sportjacket.

Wife also thought the sale was garbage. Limited selection and as she put it, "you can tell why all this stuff is on clearance...it's so ugly!"

Anyway, to anyone considering making the drive, save yourself the time and aggravation. Skip this one.
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
Thank you. I was thinking about going during lunch from work today but will skip it now.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2005
1254 posts
387 upvotes
North York
SENSEI wrote: For guys, it was awful.

I agree with this 100%
The savings are rather decent if you can find something you like.
I was there for the media/friends and family day on Tuesday. Even before the crowd, the selection for guys was rather slim. The men's jacket section was 4 small racks for each size with about 5-6 jackets on them.

My friend found a bunch of stuff she liked, but she had to really search for them
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12143 posts
2764 upvotes
Guelph
Like I said every style democracy sale is terrible. I been to enough to stop going.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
We received the e-mail from Amex, but considering that Nordstrom has not yet opened its GTA store I figured that items for sale would be U.S. rejects.

I (and many other Cdn. customers) have found the merchandise at Lord & Taylor in N.Y. to be far superior to that sold under the L & T brand at the Bay.

We are going to Ottawa for Easter - if I can swing it I hope to check out the Nordstrom in the Rideau Centre - but with the store being closed on Good Friday and Easter Sunday, it might be difficult, particularly since we will be staying in Nepean.

The one good thing about Nordstrom is that the store is carrying skin care/cosmetics previously exclusive to Holt's.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
These sexist sales are an injustice towards mens who love fashion.
Aug 9, 2008
579 posts
345 upvotes
SENSEI wrote: For guys, it was awful.
Was there between 7 and 9 tonight.

They didn't even check for your AMEX card at the door; just walked right in.
Shoes: sizes from 7-12. Tables were bare by the time I got there. Quite a few styles, but butt ugly. Some boots, some canvas style shoes, had 1 or 2 styles of Nike and Asics runners. Nothing my style.
Men's Tops: Arranged by sizes. They had about 6 racks of Mediums...alot of dress shirts, some out of style wool sweaters, dress hoodies.
Jackets: one rack of each size. Not the greatest selection either. 1 or 2 Helly Hansen, But mostly stuff I didn't recognize.
Pants: Oddest sizes possible (31/34, 30/36, 32/36...Whole boat load of 36-38 waist sizes) Jeans, cords, skinny docker style pants.
They have a room with "brand name" stuff. Supposed to have jewellery and watches. Nothing left by the time we got there. Some suits and leather jackets (regular prices over $1000) Didn't bother looking. Women's brand names started at size 6+

For women, as usual MUCH bigger selection (About 3 times the selection compared to men)

Sale prices range from 60-80% off. They have signs posted everywhere telling you what the sale price will be (quite confusing)
Prices are calculated off regular ticketed price. So you need to keep referring to the signs as the sale prices on the tags are incorrect.

A small selection of kids clothing as well.

Coat check wasn't being enforced either. I walked in with a whole bunch of people without coats. Once we were in, there were a handful of people with lighter coats (They make you check bulkier jackets)

Today was save 10% automatically if purchasing on your AMEX. Not sure what the rest of the weekend will be.

Talking with the staff, they will restock EVERYDAY and THROUGHOUT the day. All stock is basically the same styles, they are just slowly bringing out different sizes.
There is a huge area in the back (staff only) that have racks and racks of more stuff...but they are all the same stuff as were already on the racks.

Walked out with nothing. Not worth it unless you are already close by. Don't bother driving out there.
Friend got 2 winter jackets (regular $200-300 marked down to $70-$99)

thank you for saving my time (and gas)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)