Expired Hot Deals

[NordVPN] 39 months for $1.47 CAD a month ($57.70 for 39 months)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2020 6:18 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9682 posts
9140 upvotes
Markham

[NordVPN] 39 months for $1.47 CAD a month ($57.70 for 39 months)

Deal Link:
Savings:
91% off
NordVPN can be had for the lowest it has ever been at $1.47 CAD a month.

For those of you who have... unsavoury tastes on the interwebs or those of you who enjoy the "free-er" things in life... or you just want to watch Netflix Japan, it is highly advised that you sign up for a VPN Service.

How to get this super low rate of $1.47 per month:

1. Sign up with topcashback.com USA.
*This works the same way as ebates but instead of a cheque, you can transfer your cashback into your paypal account.
*Current cashback on NordVPN is 60%
2. Do what @yvrwindsor suggested:

yvrwindsor wrote: OP will this be better than using Studenbeans.com USA

https://discountcode.dailymail.co.uk/nordvpn
get the 85% discount code , gets generated.
add this discount code when purchasing at nordvpn.

3. Visit Topcashback.com and browse through it into NordVPN (like ebates)
*Make sure you're in incognito mode + no Adblock
5. Process your NordVPN purchase of 3 years + 3 months and enter the dailymail.co.uk coupon
6. Your total should be $106.79 USD, no taxes.
7. Topcashback will reimburse you $64.07 USD in about 24 hours that you can claim into your paypal after 13 weeks.

Total for 39 months of NordVPN = $42.72 USD or $57.67 CAD

Q&A:

1. Is NordVPN fast? It is OK, it is one of the faster VPNs out there, but it also depends on where you connect to. It will be slower if you connect to South Korea.
2. Does NordVPN log user info if the FBI asks for information? According to NordVPN, they do not. You also should not do anything the FBI would be interested in, but then again... you're getting a VPN for something.
3. How many devices per account at NordVPN? NordVPN allows up to 6 devices.
4. Does NordVPN have apps for iOS and Android? Yes, NordVPN has apps for both iOS and Android. They also have a Chrome extension.
5. Why do I need a VPN? I dunno, you tell me.
6. Can I watch Netflix all over the world? Kinda, you can do something like a dozen countries, including USA, Japan, GB, Germany, Italy, etc...
7. Can my wife see what I am doing if I use a VPN? Well, if you use Chrome Incognito and NordVPN, I don't see how she could. But then again, maybe your wife works at Carbon Black and there's not much that will help.
8. Do I need this to to**rent? Yes.

Good hunting.
Last edited by Anikiri on Dec 16th, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
88 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3545 posts
881 upvotes
IMHO, buying Nord is like leaving your door unlocked after there lack of transparency from there data breach.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1643 posts
2395 upvotes
JonSnow wrote: IMHO, buying Nord is like leaving your door unlocked after there lack of transparency from there data breach.
I doubt I'll be on COPS for watching Netflix US...Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Besides no one wants to see me rip off my shirt, throw it at the cops and b-line for the window.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2489 posts
1635 upvotes
Montreal
Never give your money to those lying bastards NordVPN.
Dec 3, 2007
994 posts
237 upvotes
Ottawa
I signed up with SurfShark during "Black Friday Week". It was cheap (not as cheap as this), and so far it has worked like a charm.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9682 posts
9140 upvotes
Markham
JonSnow wrote: IMHO, buying Nord is like leaving your door unlocked after there lack of transparency from there data breach.
I think this is taken extemely out of context. It was one server in Finland, which had no data of anyone or of anyone's anything. All they could do was monitor what some users of NordVPN were doing at that moment and nothing else.

I don't see how this is any different than not using a VPN and using the interwebs.

I am in no way condoning NordVPN for being lax on security, I am just saying since they have no info on you or anyone, breaking into their servers will yield nothing.
Feb 14, 2012
164 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Just got the Amazon 4K Firestick over BF, can anyone suggest any "free" VPN to go along with it? or a cheaper VPN if this one is no good. Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3545 posts
881 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: I think this is taken extemely out of context. It was one server in Finland, which had no data of anyone or of anyone's anything. All they could do was monitor what some users of NordVPN were doing at that moment and nothing else.

I don't see how this is any different than not using a VPN and using the interwebs.

I am in no way condoning NordVPN for being lax on security, I am just saying since they have no info on you or anyone, breaking into their servers will yield nothing.
The fact they had a breach isn't the problem (lots of major corporation have had breaches), it's the lack of transparency in informing there's PAYING customers in a timely manner.

I'm no expert at all with VPNs but the beach happened in 2018 and we only heard about it a few months ago, why did it take them a year to disclose?

If user data had leaked would they still take a year to disclose the leak?

A VPN is suppose to safeguard you, so lack of transparency seems like a major problem. Then again most of it use it for getting US Netflix or Hulu so in that situation it isn't a big deal.

This is how i understand it from reading about the beach.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9682 posts
9140 upvotes
Markham
JonSnow wrote: The fact they had a breach isn't the problem (lots of major corporation have had breaches), it's the lack of transparency in informing there's PAYING customers in a timely manner.

I'm no expert at all with VPNs but the beach happened in 2018 and we only heard about it a few months ago, why did it take them a year to disclose?

If user data had leaked would they still take a year to disclose the leak?

A VPN is suppose to safeguard you, so lack of transparency seems like a major problem. Then again most of it use it for getting US Netflix or Hulu so in that situation it isn't a big deal.

This is how i understand it from reading about the beach.
You're absolutely right. They should have informed people much quicker. I just want to stress that even in case of a breach, there's nothing to steal. This is the whole point of a VPN.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7594 posts
5081 upvotes
Canada
Surfshark works out cheaper, and you do don't have to commit for 3+ years either.
Nov 25, 2003
538 posts
251 upvotes
BC [what me worry?]
Anikiri wrote: You're absolutely right. They should have informed people much quicker. I just want to stress that even in case of a breach, there's nothing to steal. This is the whole point of a VPN.
Does make you wonder though if there was nothing left to steal why the silence from them. If they're going to stonewall, heh, on a minor thing as is....what else are they hiding
I've been away for a while....
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
2014 posts
720 upvotes
GTA
Ferkner wrote: I signed up with SurfShark during "Black Friday Week". It was cheap (not as cheap as this), and so far it has worked like a charm.
I did as well. It works at home no issues, can get me some US Netflix lol. But it prevents surfing on free wifi, like at homedepot and the library. I try to connect in the Android app and it just won't connect, i've tried being connected via my mobile data then connect to the free wifi and no dice, and as a result I can't surf. This was part of the reason to protect when using public wifi (Starbuck, etc) any suggestions?
Dec 27, 2008
367 posts
229 upvotes
Nord spends so much on marketing that I don't trust their product. Disgusting business. They used to advertise that their VPN would improve your ping in games. Seriously.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1284 posts
1405 upvotes
SOooooooo any other deals out there for other VPN? I would like to sign up for a VPN.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2921 posts
794 upvotes
Vancouver
NordVPN (Android) on Canadian servers. CTV News app error message says no internet service. I haven't check on servers located in other countries.
Oct 3, 2016
365 posts
526 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
linsanity wrote: Just got the Amazon 4K Firestick over BF, can anyone suggest any "free" VPN to go along with it? or a cheaper VPN if this one is no good. Thanks
If you're not paying for a product, you are the product. Don't trust free VPNs
Dec 3, 2007
994 posts
237 upvotes
Ottawa
wackojacko wrote: I did as well. It works at home no issues, can get me some US Netflix lol. But it prevents surfing on free wifi, like at homedepot and the library. I try to connect in the Android app and it just won't connect, i've tried being connected via my mobile data then connect to the free wifi and no dice, and as a result I can't surf. This was part of the reason to protect when using public wifi (Starbuck, etc) any suggestions?
I just installed their app on my phone this morning when I remembered that it existed. I just tested it by connecting on LTE and it worked flawlessly. My speeds were the same or better than when I didn't use SurfShark. Maybe it's your phone or version of Android (I'm using a Motorola G7 with Android Pie). I haven't tried while connected to free wifi yet though.
Feb 14, 2012
164 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
JDTheCanadian wrote: If you're not paying for a product, you are the product. Don't trust free VPNs
Understand, any suggestion for other paid version of VPN? I will be mainly using it along with Firestick, and want to get the one that works best with it. Thanks.