Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[NordVPN] 39 months for $1.47 CAD a month ($57.70 for 39 months)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2020 6:18 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
Near You
Crap service at a crap price.

The best price is here 0.01$ per month. Your plan is good for 7980 years.
Cards: Amex Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Chase AP • CSR • Bonvoy
Banking: Wise • HSBC • TD • Tangerine • Chase
Flights: AC SE • KLM SilverBA Silver
Mobile: AT&T • Fizz • Google Fi • Free.fr
Sep 14, 2006
431 posts
129 upvotes
GTA
Ytterbium wrote: Does Netflix work with NordVPN? I've setup my own OpenVPN on different cloud providers and I get popped by Netflix for being on a VPN.
Didn’t work for me using NordVPN
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1442 posts
1406 upvotes
blisterd_nuts wrote: Anyone have any input on Express VPN vs Nord vs Surfshark?

Purchased Express VPN last night and did a bit of fiddling around. Netflix was slow as hell but I have nothing to compare it to. 30 day money back guarantee from ExpressVPN gives me a bit more time to investigate other competitors while enjoying a VPN.
I tried Express VPN and Nord for speed comparisons. Neither one of them was as good as my old PrivateInternetAccess used to be (before they oversold their service and speeds went into the toilet). I spent some time with tech support on both trying to improve my speeds but neither one could do much to help. Ultimately I cancelled both and got full refunds.
Beep\Bop\Boop
Dec 25, 2010
382 posts
430 upvotes
Canada, Quebec, Mont…
dennyhj wrote: The link mentioned in OP does not have any link to generate the 85% discount code:
https://discountcode.dailymail.co.uk/nordvpn

Did they remove the code generation link?
Nope, it is the first coupon up, check for 85% on left of coupon.

Also, as I type this, Rakuten also offer the 60% cashback, instead of having to use TopCashBack... and it might work by stacking the 85% coupon, unlike TopCashBack who seem to deny the cashback for those that have done that.
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
318 upvotes
vancouver, bc
manho wrote: you seem to emphasize on torrenting. tbh, with streaming services and inability to use a lot of cracked software/games now a days, i have a feeling the use (and going through the hassle) of torrenting has gone down substantially in past years. at least for myself.

but of course, there are still many other uses of VPN as mentioned.
you having it wrong. VPN is for torrenting more than streaming services. Paying for streaming services just doesn't make sense to me. (HBO might be the only one producing acceptable content.)
Dec 25, 2010
382 posts
430 upvotes
Canada, Quebec, Mont…
FYI, I took advantage of Rakuten NordVPN %60 cashbask... I combined it with the "85% discount code" that give some $ off. Rakuten does not mention not using extra coupon code like TopCashBack on their offer page, so I hope there won't be any issues where my cashback is denied... else I will cancel my service with them and resubscribe without a coupon next 60% cashback opportunity.

When I tried to use the link to get 39 months instead of 36 months, my Rakuten browser plugin said that it disabled the cashback because I was using another link, etc. So I re-enabled it, and did not try to risk it to get 3 month free (if that is still a thing).

So I got it for US$42.72 for 3 years or US$1.19 per month (or CA$1.57/month, so slightly more than $1.47/month claimed originally, since no extra 3-month).

If any issues like TopCashBack, I will report.

P.S., Was considering some other "cheap and popular VPN", but ended up doing an impulsive choice as from all I read, it looked like a good choice (almost always in the top VPN on review site, but is it because they try to push their referral?).

Other I considered (ExpressVPN -- not cheap even if good review everywhere, PureVPN -- cheap with some mixed feedback, Surfshark -- cheap, generally good reviews everywhere, some others but those were probably the main fast choices), and might buy a 2nd VPN if price super cheap or a lifetime very cheap one, but I don't really have super big need for now, so if NordVPN does the job, it will be my one.

P.P.S., Update 2020-02-01 : I received the casback the same day 2020-01-23, it was not cancelled even if I stacked with a coupon code (no policy like this on Rakuten contrary to TopCashBack that clearly state it), and I should get pay by 16th February, so won't have to risk and wait months to get my cashback.