Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

NordVPN Bday Offer - 3-year deal at 70% off, get an extra plan for free

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2020 9:40 am
Apr 14, 2011
366 posts
440 upvotes
New Brunswick
Anyone know how often Rakuten offers 60% for NordVPN?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
blueraven25 wrote: Anyone know how often Rakuten offers 60% for NordVPN?
Couple times a year, I think.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1442 posts
1065 upvotes
YYC
Anyone's cashback show up yet? I bought mine through Rakuten on March 1st and still haven't seen it in my account.
Mar 9, 2019
44 posts
35 upvotes
Under the moon
herc wrote: Anyone's cashback show up yet? I bought mine through Rakuten on March 1st and still haven't seen it in my account.
Put in a ticket with Rakuten. I did the same and they said the transaction didn't show on their end likely because of a browser addon or something I did on my end. Little did they know I used their App for the process via my mobile phone. They said as a 'courtesy' they will credit my account (which they did).
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2011
1171 posts
470 upvotes
herc wrote: Anyone's cashback show up yet? I bought mine through Rakuten on March 1st and still haven't seen it in my account.
I used Rakuten in March 1st and still no cash back. Put in a “where’s my cash back” request. They promptly replied. They now say they are waiting on vendor. It’s been two weeks today. Not impressed. If I don’t get by the end of the week I will be cancelling.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1595 posts
1210 upvotes
Nanaimo
I've been using Nordvpn for a couple of years and it's worked just fine, really good download speeds over p2p.
Jun 10, 2011
778 posts
834 upvotes
I have been declined my topcashback, anyone else?
Aug 17, 2012
418 posts
562 upvotes
Victoria
Just wanted to say I was on Nord VPN last year and didn't renew because I had frequent dropouts and the p2p speeds were pretty crappy... About 3 MBps tops with 300 Mbps connection (note bytes vs bits). Yesterday I got 2 years of Surfshark for about $66 CAD and was able to achieve p2p speeds closer to 30 MBps and no dropouts. Downloaded about 15 1080p movies in less than 45 minutes. Highly recommend. They're getting great reviews too.
Jun 10, 2011
778 posts
834 upvotes
does netflix work with them?
It's nice to see there is more than just Nordvpn based outside the jurisdiction of the infamous 5 eyes, 9 eyes, and 14 eyes alliances.
I might consider them when my Nordvpn end in 2021.
I've requested a refund since Topcachback told me nordvpn declined my cashback after opening a case with them 2 weeks ago...

audioarchetype wrote: Just wanted to say I was on Nord VPN last year and didn't renew because I had frequent dropouts and the p2p speeds were pretty crappy... About 3 MBps tops with 300 Mbps connection (note bytes vs bits). Yesterday I got 2 years of Surfshark for about $66 CAD and was able to achieve p2p speeds closer to 30 MBps and no dropouts. Downloaded about 15 1080p movies in less than 45 minutes. Highly recommend. They're getting great reviews too.
Sep 26, 2019
80 posts
39 upvotes
What are your thoughts on purepvn? They are offering 5 years at $0.99 a month.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5439 upvotes
LOL, this is not even a deal. It's just regular interval pricing.
The sweetest gyal
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
sexyj wrote: LOL, this is not even a deal. It's just regular interval pricing.
The deal is the birthday bonus offer, I guess. But if you only get the one month, it's not very exciting. Pretty solid if you get the 3 year like OP did, though.
Aug 17, 2012
418 posts
562 upvotes
Victoria
sobig wrote: does netflix work with them?
It's nice to see there is more than just Nordvpn based outside the jurisdiction of the infamous 5 eyes, 9 eyes, and 14 eyes alliances.
I might consider them when my Nordvpn end in 2021.
I've requested a refund since Topcachback told me nordvpn declined my cashback after opening a case with them 2 weeks ago...
Sorry for the late response. I tested it with Netflix and it does work on some servers. I did the test by downloading the Surfshark app on my Nvidia Shield TV box. I selected an Australian server and started Netflix. Was able to watch Studio Ghibli movies, which I can't do normally. The ratings on the shows had different logos to match the country too.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2009
1039 posts
235 upvotes
Guys I don't get this... You get the 3 yr deal for 125usd

But what's this "free plan" thing the OP mentions?

What free plan? Is it basically you get another yr free?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
wadokai wrote: Guys I don't get this... You get the 3 yr deal for 125usd

But what's this "free plan" thing the OP mentions?

What free plan? Is it basically you get another yr free?
THey were having a promo for their birthday (which is now over) where you got a "surprise" gift if you subscribed to the 3 year plan - a bonus of anywhere from 1 month to 3 years. OP Lucked out and scored an extra free 3 years.
Apr 2, 2011
120 posts
155 upvotes
Smiths Falls
Same deals available for Nord 70% off plus bonus but currently have 60% cash back on Rakuten if anyone interested.
Images
  • 7DAA34F2-49C8-4413-9539-09790F4217D2.png
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
tazerandbaz wrote: Same deals available for Nord 70% off plus bonus but currently have 60% cash back on Rakuten if anyone interested.
Does the 60% off make is hot doe....
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
tazerandbaz wrote: Same deals available for Nord 70% off plus bonus but currently have 60% cash back on Rakuten if anyone interested.
Looks like it only applies for new customers - for existing customers, there's currently a 75% off deal, automatically applied, which disallows you from adding the 70% + 3 bonus months coupon (it says a better deal is available, because it's not smart enough to recognize that 3 bonus months are better than an extra 5% off)