Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NordVPN

HOT! NordVPN $2.99/month (75% off) on 3yr plan ($108 total) - LAST DAY

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2019 6:27 pm
[OP]
Dec 24, 2017
75 posts
120 upvotes

HOT! NordVPN $2.99/month (75% off) on 3yr plan ($108 total) - LAST DAY

Deal Link:
Savings:
75%
Expiry:
November 28, 2018
Retailer:
NordVPN
NordVPN is on sale for $2.99/month for cyber monday still, which is a pretty solid price cut (75% off). Offer expires 11PM ET tonight.
Last edited by BROCKHAMPTON on Nov 27th, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
141 replies
Dec 8, 2009
300 posts
290 upvotes
Mississauga
It's been last 9 hours 39 minutes every time you see their page for the last 3-4 weeks LOL
Mar 1, 2018
61 posts
56 upvotes
You could at least say that it’s a 3 year plan so billed 108$ immediately , seems like you’re missing half the important information.

Heard great things about NordVPN but I’m not ready for a 3 year plan with any VPN.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
2014 posts
1341 upvotes
I've signed up but ready to cancel. I can't get it to work with amazon video, and even worse, you can't even browse amazon.com. Netflix USA, or Japan doesn't work either (and I've only tried those regions). Even using their obfuscated servers doesn't seem to work? This is my first time using a vpn, so I'll contact support since it might be user error, but doesn't seem too promising.
Nov 6, 2009
195 posts
121 upvotes
ktkn wrote: I've signed up but ready to cancel. I can't get it to work with amazon video, and even worse, you can't even browse amazon.com. Netflix USA, or Japan doesn't work either (and I've only tried those regions). Even using their obfuscated servers doesn't seem to work? This is my first time using a vpn, so I'll contact support since it might be user error, but doesn't seem too promising.
Weird...I tried it last month and Netflix US (also Netflix UK and other regions) all worked fine.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2772 posts
1467 upvotes
Montréal, QC
How about Hulu?
Banned
Aug 3, 2017
11 posts
5 upvotes
PureVPN has 5 years for 1,32/month. Does this make your deal cold?
Dec 22, 2017
47 posts
38 upvotes
Considering the ebates promos that were offering rebates as high as 50% on the same subscription, this price is ice cold. I got 30 months for $46 CAD.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1781 posts
2827 upvotes
Canada, eh?
ktkn wrote: I've signed up but ready to cancel. I can't get it to work with amazon video, and even worse, you can't even browse amazon.com. Netflix USA, or Japan doesn't work either (and I've only tried those regions). Even using their obfuscated servers doesn't seem to work? This is my first time using a vpn, so I'll contact support since it might be user error, but doesn't seem too promising.
Clee wrote: How about Hulu?
'Technically' works, except you're going to have to jump servers here and there to see which one isn't blocked. Signed up for 2 years of NordVPN and I'm not renewing it. Also their Windows client takes forever to connect, which makes jumping servers even more frustrating.

I've used PIA, Proxy.sh, Windscribe, Torguard in the past. NordVPN is the one that takes longest to connect.
Mar 7, 2011
86 posts
15 upvotes
secretalcoholic wrote: 'Technically' works, except you're going to have to jump servers here and there to see which one isn't blocked. Signed up for 2 years of NordVPN and I'm not renewing it. Also their Windows client takes forever to connect, which makes jumping servers even more frustrating.

I've used PIA, Proxy.sh, Windscribe, Torguard in the past. NordVPN is the one that takes longest to connect.
Since you used many different provider and there is many VPN deal at this time, which one would you recommend?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1781 posts
2827 upvotes
Canada, eh?
gorocket1981 wrote: Since you used many different provider and there is many VPN deal at this time, which one would you recommend?

Thanks!
Depends on what you're looking for, mind you that I use VPN not just exclusively for bypassing geoblocks but for on public wifi and when i'm traveling as well (which is nearly every week):

If you're looking for a VPN provider that just works, and don't care about Netflix, Hulu, etc. then PIA.

Torguard is also pretty good, but you'll have to pay more for a dedicated IP if you want Netflix, Hulu.

Would not recommend Proxy.sh, and I'm indifferent on Windscribe right now (it breaks my internet connection upon disconnection despite the settings and I've always had to reboot).
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2006
1044 posts
635 upvotes
St Johns
a big THUMBS DOWN to this NordVPN service, slow, inconsistent, awful connection interface.
PIA is significantly faster and better in every way.
Apr 25, 2018
21 posts
6 upvotes
secretalcoholic wrote: 'Technically' works, except you're going to have to jump servers here and there to see which one isn't blocked. Signed up for 2 years of NordVPN and I'm not renewing it. Also their Windows client takes forever to connect, which makes jumping servers even more frustrating.

Strange, been using nordvpn for a while now and didn't have any problems like slow connection or Hulu, USA Netflix not working. It probably depends on the servers.
Nov 19, 2014
146 posts
85 upvotes
Montreal, QC
On their help pages, there is a page which states the servers that work with Netflix in the USA or Japan or the UK etc. All worked for me so far. The fact that they have those servers and they maintain them is very important to me. I can watch Doctor Who on BBC iPlayer and I was able to see Japanese titles on the pay-per-use service of Amazon. I could not play them because I did not have Amazon Japan account :)

Here is the page:
https://support.nordvpn.com/#/General-i ... ordVPN.htm
Apr 25, 2018
21 posts
6 upvotes
nebulous wrote: On their help pages, there is a page which states the servers that work with Netflix in the USA or Japan or the UK etc. All worked for me so far. The fact that they have those servers and they maintain them is very important to me. I can watch Doctor Who on BBC iPlayer and I was able to see Japanese titles on the pay-per-use service of Amazon. I could not play them because I did not have Amazon Japan account :)

Here is the page:
https://support.nordvpn.com/#/General-i ... ordVPN.htm
I Forgot about this! Thank you for reminding me that there's a page dedicated by Nord for this instance. My friend told me he has problems with Netflix USA not working, going to show him this Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1586 posts
339 upvotes
Toronto

How's Windscribe treating ya?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2004
1003 posts
831 upvotes
Toronto
I used FROSTVPN when they had their 3 year => $20 usd promo a few years back. They seemed pretty good. However, on recent renewal, it flipped to $20 USD per year.

I jumped ship as I have a VyprVPN promo from the humble bundle sale (slow , unreliable).

I hardly use VPN so I don't really want to pay a lot. That seems to be the going rate. I liked FROSTVPN but new sign ups are about $40 annually.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1781 posts
2827 upvotes
Canada, eh?
TruBrush wrote: How's Windscribe treating ya?
Been using it for the past week or so on Viscosity instead of their provided client. Love it so far! Windflix works amazingly well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)