Expired Hot Deals

Nordvpn

NordVPN 2 years subscription $99 usd - 60% cash back at Rakuten

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2021 10:16 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 10, 2012
46 posts
72 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH

NordVPN 2 years subscription $99 usd - 60% cash back at Rakuten

Deal Link:
Price:
99 usd
Savings:
60% cb
Expiry:
May 17, 2021
Retailer:
Nordvpn
One of the biggest vpn service company! $99 usd for 2 years subscription + 60% cash back from Rakuten

Works out to be $2 usd per month. I signed up last night and received the cash back today.

Supports openvpn and wireguard, p2p servers, mobile apps,
Browsers add on, excellent speed

Cheers
Last edited by dericchan1 on May 15th, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
68 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 4, 2004
9800 posts
2495 upvotes
Montreal
WOW.

Does it work to extend an existing subscription?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 6, 2005
601 posts
234 upvotes
Vancouver
yuprules wrote: WOW.

Does it work to extend an existing subscription?
I'd like to know too, as it's almost time to renew my 3 year subscription.

Thanks all
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2016
243 posts
392 upvotes
abbotsford
Nord has an infuriating sign in system now on desktop. You open the app, click login, then it opens up a browser for you to log in on their website. Once you do that, it asks if it can send you back to the app now, you click yes, and it log you into the app on your desktop.

That really wanes on me and it’s a pain in the ass to use.

But what’s worse is the other week I had this glitch where it never logged me into the app after signing in on the website. So I was in this infinite loop of clicking to login through the app, having to signing in on the website, then having to login through the app again since that didn’t work. And it never got fixed at that time. I just gave up entirely and didn’t use the VPN until a few days later when it was able to log me in.

It’s just a hassle and I’m now going to look for a more streamlined and simple VPN when my expiration is up next year
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2343 posts
2471 upvotes
Surrey
I think Nord doesn’t work with Netflix anymore. I keep getting together notification that I’m not connected to the internet when using Nord with Netflix
Newbie
Sep 2, 2020
25 posts
20 upvotes
I just did it and it extended my subscription. I am also a Rakuten noob so I think I purchased the sub without the Rakuten engaged. Sooooo I purchased another one and it gave me 4 years total on top of my current sub expiring in August. I will see shortly if they double whammyied my Rakuten account. Tootles
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 10, 2012
46 posts
72 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
gyggyg wrote: Nord has an infuriating sign in system now on desktop. You open the app, click login, then it opens up a browser for you to log in on their website. Once you do that, it asks if it can send you back to the app now, you click yes, and it log you into the app on your desktop.

That really wanes on me and it’s a pain in the ass to use.

But what’s worse is the other week I had this glitch where it never logged me into the app after signing in on the website. So I was in this infinite loop of clicking to login through the app, having to signing in on the website, then having to login through the app again since that didn’t work. And it never got fixed at that time. I just gave up entirely and didn’t use the VPN until a few days later when it was able to log me in.

It’s just a hassle and I’m now going to look for a more streamlined and simple VPN when my expiration is up next year
I don’t seem to have these issues at all. I am automatically signed in on windows and my raspberry Pi and my cellphone app.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 17, 2018
1616 posts
2896 upvotes
Great service. Been with them about a year now. Really helpful at problems I created. LOL. I have two years left and may just stick with them instead of a seedbox.
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2011
3466 posts
2149 upvotes
West Coast
Thanks OP. My sub was to expire in August. Just went through the login and extended it easily. Unfortunately, I missed using the "REDDIT" coupon code for a free month, but still a solid deal once the Rakuten comes in.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Member
User avatar
Apr 29, 2018
204 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
Ilikedealshard wrote: I just did it and it extended my subscription. I am also a Rakuten noob so I think I purchased the sub without the Rakuten engaged. Sooooo I purchased another one and it gave me 4 years total on top of my current sub expiring in August. I will see shortly if they double whammyied my Rakuten account. Tootles
Thanks for sharing..I still have one more year left . Took the same deal couple of years back for 3 year . If I subscribe now will they add 2 year on top of 2022 ?? .
Mother of all necessities ---> RFD
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1437 posts
368 upvotes
Calgary
Does anyone use Hulu with Nord? Cancelled my unblockus and VPN and am looking at Nord or Surfshark to replace the two with one service.
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 10, 2012
46 posts
72 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Ilikedealshard wrote: I just did it and it extended my subscription. I am also a Rakuten noob so I think I purchased the sub without the Rakuten engaged. Sooooo I purchased another one and it gave me 4 years total on top of my current sub expiring in August. I will see shortly if they double whammyied my Rakuten account. Tootles
Actually might not be a bad idea if I can get another 2 years on top with the cash back
Newbie
Jul 23, 2013
24 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver
use code "RETAIL ME NOT" (without spaces) to bring it down to $85 instead of $89
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 10, 2012
46 posts
72 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
bomberman447 wrote: Does anyone use Hulu with Nord? Cancelled my unblockus and VPN and am looking at Nord or Surfshark to replace the two with one service.
I use VPN mostly for torrenting and I find NordVPN with wireguard protocol are significantly faster then surfshark (during my free trial). With the cashback it’s actually cheaper as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1437 posts
368 upvotes
Calgary
dericchan1 wrote: I use VPN mostly for torrenting and I find NordVPN with wireguard protocol are significantly faster then surfshark (during my free trial). With the cashback it’s actually cheaper as well.
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I think I misread the cash back as 6% so at this price it is a no brainer to try.
Newbie
Sep 8, 2020
79 posts
87 upvotes
i'm definitely skeptical of a vpn that's seemingly always on sale, employs predatory sales tactics (i.e. things like "final sale!" or "9 hours left, get this deal now" - but not really), and is always, always endorsed by so many youtubers


though having said that... at <2$ CAD/mo, my RFD jimmies are rustling!

edit: worth a watch, and do your own research and come to your own conclusions
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
4490 posts
968 upvotes
London
NordVPN has served me well for the last two years from my last purchase through MobileSyrup deals. Used this to extend to 2024. Occasionally I'll get a server that Netflix doesn't like, but usually it's not an issue. Never had an issue with speeds or latency.

If you're purchasing this, remember to turn off auto-renewal.
Newbie
May 7, 2005
84 posts
35 upvotes
Rakuten's previous cashback was for new accounts only. And Nord wont refund the renewal without cancelling your remaining previous subscription.

EDIT: Nevermind, the support chat told me I would lose my previous account while cancelling. Checking now, that was not the case. The previous subscription was restored, so it doesn't hurt to try.
Last edited by z3row0rm on May 13th, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top