1027 posts
1630 upvotes

NordVPN 3 years with 60% TopCashBack rebate - $43.02 USD

Deal Link:
Price:
USD $43.02
Retailer:
NordVPN
TopCashBack is offering 60% cashback for NordVPN. 3 years package is $107.55, but with the rebate it works out to $43.02 USD or $57.43 CAD. Pretty good.

TopCashBack is a US cashback site but Canadians can still use it and get paid through Paypal.
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂
33 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2367 posts
802 upvotes
Ottawa
ConservativeBT wrote: Is this the best deal I'm going to get?

I was about to jump on the $2.99 deal a few weeks ago but I'm relieved that I didn't bite just yet. Does it get any cheaper? How is the value, speed, reliability and customer support? Compared to something like Windscribe?

Thanks in advance!
I got NordVPN like 2 years ago after switching from SlickVPN. Their desktop program is easy to use and they have a bunch of servers. The desktop app does have a "kill switch" option or you can set the killswitch for specific program. Unfortunately, they don't have a way to test your connection to the various servers so you can pick the best one. They probably have too many servers to implement that effectively. They have a mobile app you can use for your phone too.

Speeds are ok. But I don't think I've ever experienced great speeds with any VPN. And non of the VPNs I've tried are as good with bittorrent as just going in naked, sometimes the torrents dont even connect.
Jan 29, 2019
5 posts
1 upvote
I have used slickvpn for a long time. Speeds are fine and till date, I didn't face any such problems and yeah I have heard about how great is Nord. So should I change my provider?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1027 posts
1630 upvotes
RebeccaSmith wrote: I have used slickvpn for a long time. Speeds are fine and till date, I didn't face any such problems and yeah I have heard about how great is Nord. So should I change my provider?
Nord gives you 30 days period during which they give a full refund if you're not happy. There's no harm in trying it out. I find with VPN service it's pretty YMMV in terms of user experience.

I purchased yesterday and the transaction showed up in my TopCashBack account today.

Tips to ensure cashback rebate:
  • Disable all adblockers
  • Use incognito mode
  • Don't navigate away from NordVPN site until you're done. Finish transaction in one go.
Images
  • Screenshot_20190401_093018.jpg
Deal Addict
May 26, 2005
1041 posts
469 upvotes
Winnipeg
I pulled the trigger last night and the cashback is already in my Topcashback account. Not sure how you can go wrong at this price.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1361 posts
478 upvotes
notoriousbigdan wrote: Can I use this to extend my current nordvpn subscription ?
There is an option to extend when u goto your account, i'm not sure if it applies to the cashback. I'm curious to
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4115 posts
5253 upvotes
Vancouver
eugene188 wrote: Speeds are ok. But I don't think I've ever experienced great speeds with any VPN. And non of the VPNs I've tried are as good with bittorrent as just going in naked, sometimes the torrents dont even connect.
Because you need Port Forwarding. Not something NordVPN would do. Useless.
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1156 posts
660 upvotes
Near You
Don't forget topcashback referral to stack on top!
⬢ American Express Platinum ⬢ TD Aeroplan VI ⬢ Brim ⬢ STACK ⬢ Revolut
TDCT ⬢ HSBC Premier ⬢ Tangerine ⬢ Motive
Fido 15GB/50$ ⬢ Google Fi ⬢ Novus 1GIG/60$
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1027 posts
1630 upvotes
mistytalon wrote: Don't forget topcashback referral to stack on top!
Only the referrer gets $10 though
Dec 27, 2018
14 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I am using them for almost 3 years and torrenting is really slow (under 1 MB/s) if connected using their desktop client.

I've started using sock5 recently and hitting 6 to 12 MB/s depends on the source. I am using 600mbps connection.

Only the problem with sock5 is to keep an eye on the speeds and change the server if the speeds are going down.
Nov 25, 2012
69 posts
27 upvotes
Socket5 is good for torrents but does not work for private trackers :(
ghcghc wrote: I am using them for almost 3 years and torrenting is really slow (under 1 MB/s) if connected using their desktop client.

I've started using sock5 recently and hitting 6 to 12 MB/s depends on the source. I am using 600mbps connection.

Only the problem with sock5 is to keep an eye on the speeds and change the server if the speeds are going down.
Feb 27, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
I did their 2 day trial and it was rather painful trying to find a decently fast server. I spent a lot of time with customer service and they couldn't help much either. Usual internet speed is 300mb/s and with NordVPN it dropped to about 10-25 mb/s there was one time when I hit the 80s.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)