Expired Hot Deals

[NordVPN] NordVPN with 60% cash back via Rakuten.com (US Deal)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2019 11:20 pm
[OP]
Nov 14, 2012
276 posts
133 upvotes

NordVPN with 60% cash back via Rakuten.com (US Deal)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
NordVPN
UPDATE: The deal link for some reason forwards away from Rakuten to NordVPN so instead go to www.rakuten.com and search for NordVPN

Rakuten now offers 60% cash-back on several NordVPN subscriptions.

I got 3yr, was USD $107.64 with 60% cash back it comes to $43.06 and Rakuten also offers $10 welcome bonus to new sign-ups when $25+ is spent.
49 replies
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4924 posts
1281 upvotes
Toronto
So how do you get this as a Canadian? Isn't rakuten US only?
May 4, 2018
169 posts
103 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: So how do you get this as a Canadian? Isn't rakuten US only?
rakuten will give you cashback in usd into paypal or whatever.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4924 posts
1281 upvotes
Toronto
TerenceP19670 wrote: rakuten will give you cashback in usd into paypal or whatever.
Ok so rakuten.com, not .ca
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4924 posts
1281 upvotes
Toronto
TerenceP19670 wrote: yes, rakuten.com used to be ebates.com.
Got it. So ebates.ca = rakuten.ca
Ebates.com = rakuten.com.
Mar 12, 2008
64 posts
14 upvotes
Thanks OP, got credited by ebates/Rakuten within a few hours
May 2, 2019
144 posts
537 upvotes
Canada
Ebates is much more consistent than TopCashBack (a US site) where I got my 60% off rebate. It took a full 13 weeks to get the option to cash out, but it arrived in my PayPal within two days.

Another benefit of TPC is that they offer other options (e.g. GC with a 3% credit, such as Amazon if you find that more useful.

Though given the option between Rakuten & TPC, I would have gladly chosen eBates.
Temporel wrote: Just think how addictive this site is, how many times a day you check RFD and for how many years you've been doing that.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3237 posts
1015 upvotes
Ottawa
fightbriz wrote: Got it. So ebates.ca = rakuten.ca
Ebates.com = rakuten.com.
ebates.ca does not belong to rakuten (yet) so it's still just ebates.ca
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1482 posts
1124 upvotes
john.canad wrote: ebates.ca does not belong to rakuten (yet) so it's still just ebates.ca
2014 - Ebates Inc. joined the Rakuten family of companies, a multi-national corporation with businesses in 29 countries.
Oct 7, 2015
474 posts
421 upvotes
Vanier, ON
john.canad wrote: ebates.ca does not belong to rakuten (yet) so it's still just ebates.ca
One the upper left corner, ebates.ca, a rakuten company...
Oct 19, 2014
55 posts
28 upvotes
Saint-Laurent, QC
Damn missed it too. 60% would've been sweet.
[OP]
Nov 14, 2012
276 posts
133 upvotes
Finally my cashback was received together with $10 welcome bonus.

For some reason it did not register, perhaps because I signed into my NordVPN account that has active subscription till Sept. to make the purchase and it uses different email address than what I signed up with Rakuten. I went through Rakuten redirector screen and had Firefox extension that shows shopping trip #, still did not register. Filed missing cash-back report, Rakuten requested email notification, unfortunately NordVPN does not send them. But I generated invoice, which allows me to insert any billing info, so I added Rakuten email and sent that document to Rakuten. They said it can take up to 45 days to resolve, but now 2 days later its done.
gravufo wrote: Damn missed it too. 60% would've been sweet.
40% is still awesome. I would have bought it for the full price $107.64. Been with NordVPN for years, always extending yearly for $48, which is what I originally got it for in 2015 and it was recurring.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)