Nordvpn Teams 30% off everything December deal

Deal Link:
Savings:
30% off
Expiry:
January 1, 2020
Retailer:
NordVPN Teams
Hey guys, recently received news in the mail about a 30% discount on business services from NordVPN Teams. Maybe someone will find this helpful. Cheers
9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2324 posts
1337 upvotes
Montreal
NordVPN should be banned from RFD seriously...
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9192 posts
7713 upvotes
Markham
xblackdemonx wrote: NordVPN got hacked and didn't tell it's users about it.
Again, this is at the very least misleading... at best it is a lie. Yes NordVPN had one of its servers compromised, one in Finland that has no information on any of its clients. It is like breaking into a bank with no money.

Having said this, what makes you think all the other VPNs out there haven't been compromised and haven't told you about it? Yes NordVPN was wrong in notifying its customers too late, but at least they did. There is no law for VPNs to notify of any breaches.
Jun 11, 2016
809 posts
1128 upvotes
Neither did Marriott, Equifax, Desjardins...Not defending NordVPN but I won't hold them to a higher standard than any other corporation.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9192 posts
7713 upvotes
Markham
KravenHead wrote: Neither did Marriott, Equifax, Desjardins...Not defending NordVPN but I won't hold them to a higher standard than any other corporation.
This isn't even on the same level. Marriott, Equifax, and Desjardins got hacked by their main servers. They not only lost client information, but client SENSITIVE information like SINs, adresses, birthdates, names, etc...

The breach on NordVPN was on one of their relay servers, not the main servers. That breach literally did nothing except allow the hacker to view current traffic of this one Finnish server, which was also encrypted. Plus, NordVPN stores none of your information (or at least they claim so), and... if you ever signed up for NordVPN you'd know they collect no information aside from payment. And you could do the payment via Paypal and be even more anonymous.

Like I said, people on RFD are crazy to hate on NordVPN... not that I am a huge NordVPN fan but we're basically punishing NordVPN for doing the right thing.
Jun 11, 2016
809 posts
1128 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: The breach on NordVPN was on one of their relay servers, not the main servers. That breach literally did nothing except allow the hacker to view current traffic of this one Finnish
In the grand scheme of things.. this sounds pretty minor and not worth the discussion.
Thanks for the clarification!

Cheers, KH
Jan 28, 2018
983 posts
1660 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For anyone who is wondering, I've been using NordVPN for 2 years now, without any issues.

All the farce about one of their non-essential server's being hacked doesn't bother me one bit compared to the other breaches that have happened.
At least we found out about it, and considering it was a measly data breach don't see why they had to inform anyone.
Think of how many breaches we don't know about. What people don't realise is that it is in no company's interest to let the public know about data breaches, they only tell you if someone leaks it. Is that right? No. But that's the reality.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4751 posts
4364 upvotes
Might want to actually read up on what happened, instead of relying on the click bait headlines.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)