• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2019 1:55 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4614 posts
3080 upvotes

Is this normal for ridgid warranty?

I purchased a rigid 12 gallon wet/dry vac because this brand seems to highly recommended on RFD. Well my bad luck yesterday when I brought it out to use it stopped all of a sudden it stopped. I checked the power going to the wall outlet and confirmed power. Go to ridgid warranty website it tells me for no start to test the switch for continuity. I do that as well and multimeter beeps when I switch on the switch. So next step is to submit a claim online. They require four pictures as outlined in their pdf. I email those pictures and I get a reply that I need to wait 1 to 2 weeks for someone to call me what is the next step?
Is this normal? I have read fellow riders just bring their items to the repair depot.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
did u try calling there customer service number. any company with real customer service should be able to approve an RMA over the phone in minutes.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
3166 posts
3653 upvotes
Toronto
How long ago did you purchase the item? If it were a recent purchase couldn't you just return to the store and do an exchange or return and purchase another.
“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age.....and dreams are forever.”
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18179 posts
14178 upvotes
Toronto
Ridgid is sold through Home Depot.

Go to HD with your receipt and get it exchanged.

I did that years ago with mine.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4614 posts
3080 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: did u try calling there customer service number. any company with real customer service should be able to approve an RMA over the phone in minutes.
I called them and they told me to go online and submit the claim after troubleshooting.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4614 posts
3080 upvotes
Ballroomblitz1 wrote: How long ago did you purchase the item? If it were a recent purchase couldn't you just return to the store and do an exchange or return and purchase another.
Almost 3 years ago.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
cristianosham wrote: I called them and they told me to go online and submit the claim after troubleshooting.
id call them back and ask for a manger any company that cant approve a warranty claim over the phone isn't a company id want to deal with.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)