Expired Hot Deals

[North York] Hay Sushi Grand Opening Promotion

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2020 10:03 am
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3904 posts
1107 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: This has got to be the worse time to open a restaurant..
For the most part I agree but for some reason almost every take out sushi restaurant I go too, there’s always a long wait for pick up where you have to call at lunch to get a dinner take out. I guess people still need their sushi fix.
[OP]
Sep 24, 2013
36 posts
77 upvotes
Markham
LKane1 wrote: https://www.yelp.ca/biz_photos/hay-sushi-toronto

From the pics, it does look a whole different caliber budget sushi places. Sushi Bong is a great place for cheap sushi, but this looks better for sure. Jury is still out on whether it tastes good tho. We need a review.

Speaking of which, I'm a bit peeved at the fact that their facebook promo menu uses the same picture as the one in the 5 star review Tracy T. gave on yelp. Makes me think they gave themselves a 5 star review. I mean, how stupid does she think we are?

Now that I think about it.. OP.. are you Tracy T?
Why yes indeed I am! I guess you could've taken it that way. They reached out to me asking for permission to use my photos and it doesn't appear like they have very many of their own yet - woes of a small local business opening during covid. Anyway, a deal is a deal and I'm just sharing the word. I wanted to partake in Jabistro's takeout deals during covid but it was just too far away for those of us won't don't live downtown Toronto.

I personally prefer Ai Sushi > Sushi Bong for my budget sushi but if you're looking for something fancier uptown, I feel the promo price here makes that an easy decision.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9563 posts
4131 upvotes
Toronto
LKane1 wrote: https://www.yelp.ca/biz_photos/hay-sushi-toronto

From the pics, it does look a whole different caliber budget sushi places. Sushi Bong is a great place for cheap sushi, but this looks better for sure. Jury is still out on whether it tastes good tho. We need a review.

Speaking of which, I'm a bit peeved at the fact that their facebook promo menu uses the same picture as the one in the 5 star review Tracy T. gave on yelp. Makes me think they gave themselves a 5 star review. I mean, how stupid does she think we are?

Now that I think about it.. OP.. are you Tracy T?
maybe the restaurant decided to use her pic? I had a few restaurants used my pics too on their social media and one added the brunch menu on top of my pic
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19946 posts
5325 upvotes
Off the 404
andlau88 wrote: What is this restaurant replacing in that location?

I usually go to VIP sushi. I like their big rolls. How's that compared to sushi bong?
I think it was a yakitori (Japanese skewer Izakaya type) of restaurant.
Dec 29, 2013
824 posts
493 upvotes
Montr
renegadeavenger wrote: This has got to be the worse time to open a restaurant..
Depends. In dont know Toronto but in Montreal sushi restaurants have not seen a dip in their income. There is even something funny. Some restaurants which did not have anything to do with sushi converted to sale sushi in the evening
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5806 posts
1938 upvotes
I have not tried it so no idea how good it is, but LOL at the people downvoting. Toronto has many different levels of sushi, just because you only enjoy cheap sushi doesn't mean any place that doesn't sell sushi for cheap is a "bad deal". I don't always go omakase, but I've tried many different price points for sushi in Toronto, you get what you pay for.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26989 posts
6329 upvotes
Hamilton
Pochacco wrote: maybe the restaurant decided to use her pic? I had a few restaurants used my pics too on their social media and one added the brunch menu on top of my pic
What’s your foodie handle
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9563 posts
4131 upvotes
Toronto
yao416 wrote: What’s your foodie handle
camerafirst
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

Nov 22, 2017
81 posts
35 upvotes
I tried this place last week and it's actually REALLY good. I didn't use this promo (I had the 50% off ubereats) since I didn't know about it but the promo menu came with my order bag.

They didn't have the amaebi sushi in their 12pc set so they substituted it with uni (sea urchin). It's honestly an amazing deal at this price ($22 for premium sushi). The same type of quality at an omakase is about $70.
Images
  • IMG_20200912_210432_671.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9563 posts
4131 upvotes
Toronto
Childkangaroo wrote: I tried this place last week and it's actually REALLY good. I didn't use this promo (I had the 50% off ubereats) since I didn't know about it but the promo menu came with my order bag.

They didn't have the amaebi sushi in their 12pc set so they substituted it with uni (sea urchin). It's honestly an amazing deal at this price ($22 for premium sushi). The same type of quality at an omakase is about $70.
yummm now i want to go try Face Savouring Delicious Food

Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6153 posts
1419 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pochacco wrote: camerafirst
As in "camera eats first"? Lol
Gotta take pics before eating!
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2275 posts
694 upvotes
Childkangaroo wrote: I tried this place last week and it's actually REALLY good. I didn't use this promo (I had the 50% off ubereats) since I didn't know about it but the promo menu came with my order bag.

looks good. gotta give it a try!
PSN: Sakaban
Aug 17, 2018
617 posts
443 upvotes
The pictures looks really good and the regular price reflects that but similar to places like, Saku, Shunoko and Project fish.