Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Northrock Road Bike SCR1 $599.99/XC29 $439.99/XCW $399.99/XC00 $449.99/GS24 $279.99/ K200 $199.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2019 9:52 am
May 6, 2013
943 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto
I've had the XC29 since last year and my front fork will squeak under weight. Pretty sure its just the crappy coil spring. Other than that the bike has been great.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2006
5149 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
TYG3R wrote: Damn, you're right! The Northrock XC27 is a repainted 2019 Giant Talon 2!

I should've scrolled all the way down to the cons list for tubeless tires.

At least the price difference wasn't $600 for me. I would've felt totally ripped off!
:rolleyes:
Its not completely identical as the Giant Talon 2 has a better fork (XCM with 100mm travel versus XCT with 80mm), wider handle bars, bigger front brakes, hydraulic brakes, better chainset, better rear derailleur, internal wiring, etc. The Giant Talon 2 is definitely a better bike but it is also $600 more...
Feb 26, 2017
616 posts
437 upvotes
RSXPrem wrote: I've had the XC29 since last year and my front fork will squeak under weight. Pretty sure its just the crappy coil spring. Other than that the bike has been great.
Same here. Couldn’t figure out the squeak whatsoever. I thought it was the break pad. Apparently not.
Jun 1, 2019
51 posts
21 upvotes
I have a like new CTM and SCR1 for sale if anyone in GVR wants to take at cost. I'll give it another week or maybe two before I return them to Costco.
Both are assembled and may need some minor adjustment. Both still has most of the protective paper on the frames.
Only took them around the block for couple minutes at most to try out.
Jun 2, 2010
76 posts
35 upvotes
London
Asad_A203 wrote: Its not completely identical as the Giant Talon 2 has a better fork (XCM with 100mm travel versus XCT with 80mm), wider handle bars, bigger front brakes, hydraulic brakes, better chainset, better rear derailleur, internal wiring, etc. The Giant Talon 2 is definitely a better bike but it is also $600 more...
Pretty sure XC29 is 100mm as well.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC
sunnycnm5 wrote: The Diadora Urbano 700c Men's Hybrid Bike 2019 is on sale at Sport Chek for $300 from $470.

Any thoughts on if this is a good deal and an ideal beginner/entry level commuter bike?

Thanks
That's not a commuter bike. It's designed for cruising at 10 km/h around your gated community.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
1122 posts
720 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Asad_A203 wrote: Its not completely identical as the Giant Talon 2 has a better fork (XCM with 100mm travel versus XCT with 80mm), wider handle bars, bigger front brakes, hydraulic brakes, better chainset, better rear derailleur, internal wiring, etc. The Giant Talon 2 is definitely a better bike but it is also $600 more...
Then what is common between the 2 bikes?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
1122 posts
720 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lincoln wrote: That's not a commuter bike. It's designed for cruising at 10 km/h around your gated community.
Hey, can you recommend a good deal on a mountain bike? I'm open to both hard tail or full suspension. I'm planning on eventually putting a mid drive and making it an eMTB

Does anyone know if these costco deals are still available?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3581 posts
2795 upvotes
Pothole city
lincoln wrote: That's not a commuter bike. It's designed for cruising at 10 km/h around your gated community.
What? As a commuter, I agree, not the greatest, but 6speed+ can do 20km/h easily. My kids do 18km/h on their 20" wheel mountain bike.
Jun 4, 2007
2118 posts
6128 upvotes
Has anyone figured out how to fix the disc brake squeak yet when slowing down?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC
Mmagic888 wrote: Has anyone figured out how to fix the disc brake squeak yet when slowing down?
New brake pads sometimes do that. Find a big hill, get moving at a decent speed, then apply your brakes lightly all the way down to burn off any contaminant.

The other thing you'll want to check is if the rotor has a gap on both sides between the brake pads. If it is rubbing:
1) try pushing on the brake levers hard
2) loosen the wheel and tighten it up again, see if that re-positions the rotor
3) loosen the two rotor bolts slightly, tighten the bolts back up while pressing the brake lever.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3581 posts
2795 upvotes
Pothole city
TYG3R wrote: Damn, you're right! The Northrock XC27 is a repainted 2019 Giant Talon 2!

I should've scrolled all the way down to the cons list for tubeless tires.

At least the price difference wasn't $600 for me. I would've felt totally ripped off!
:rolleyes:
Markups on bike are enormous. Bought my Miele Svelto ARP with Shimano 105 components for 900$ after taxes. List price is 1600$. It's a 2018 bought in 2019.
Like many people did with the Costo bike, wait for the end of the season. Even better, sometimes you can find models from the previous year.
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
Looks like it's sold out online link is dead
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2010
1030 posts
247 upvotes
lpsaad wrote: Exact same problem here.
Add lubricant (not grease) to the hub. There's actually a video on the Northrock channel that shows how to do it. It fixed it for me right away.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2004
1070 posts
203 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
hi all

I have a 3 yrs old SCR1, and the crank is making a clicking sound per every revolution. This only happens when I ride it, it makes no sound when I put it on the repair rack and spin it. The clicking sound seems a little louder if I have a heavy backpack...

I replaced the chain already, but I still hear the sound. My next step is to lubricate the bottom bracket. Can someone please tell me if this is the right tool https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0716N ... ED2BKTNPZ9 that can help to take out the bottom bracket?

thank you

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)