• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2022 3:17 pm
[OP]
Sep 21, 2010
26 posts
21 upvotes

[Costco] Northrock XC00 Fat Bike in Stock online $549.99

First Deal post here so go easy.

Northrock Bikes are made by Giant and this is actually priced lower than Canadain Tire branded Fat Bike. Good Deal Overall.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 21st, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
35 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2489 posts
3503 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP. These go fast.

If people have the choice between this XC00 and the XCF, pick the XCF, even at its slightly higher price. It has better/newer components that are worth the extra.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10514 posts
5140 upvotes
Toronto
karlb wrote: Thanks OP. These go fast.

If people have the choice between this XC00 and the XCF, pick the XCF, even at its slightly higher price. It has better/newer components that are worth the extra.
Where can i find the XCF?
Jul 17, 2007
592 posts
1137 upvotes
Milton,ON
Oos
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10514 posts
5140 upvotes
Toronto
You can return it after using it in the snow?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8827 posts
3635 upvotes
Toronto
Does Costco sell bikes for people under 5'8"?
Jun 13, 2017
642 posts
455 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
Where/how do people use a fat bike? Why does this go so fast?
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter
Mar 5, 2012
372 posts
421 upvotes
Montréal
adhika wrote: Where/how do people use a fat bike? Why does this go so fast?
People buying and reselling, FOMO with lack of stock and prices going up due to inflation, people on WFH in urban centers that go to the office once every other week and can actually justify biking to work...
I have tried getting an XCF for months, they always sell within minutes.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
1689 posts
95 upvotes
Fat bikes are a niche item. Low manufacturing volume to begin with, that's been exacerbated by COVID disruptions. It's not that fat bikes are higher demand than road bikes.

That said - I want one, but I'll wait for the supply to stabilize (I've already waited two years, can wait several more).
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
2001 posts
743 upvotes
Nepean
It's a relatively new sport for people to get out on in the winter. Depending on where you live, there could be lots of snow trails to explore, where traditional bikes can't go, or where it's just more fun to go when there is snow. I bought one last year and have been having a great time on it. Some people use them in the summer, but for me, it's just a winter bike. My only regret in buying one is that I wish I would have bought one sooner. For those who own one, in Ontario, there is a FaceBook group "Fat Bike Northrock Ontario" that is a good source of information and inspiration.
Wrocky
Jun 17, 2019
65 posts
69 upvotes
Ontario
Just checked Kijiji and someone is selling these exact ones at an inflated price. I bet this person is buying these from here making it oos... Unfortunate how people have found everything during this pandemic to be an opportunity to just inflate prices
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1904 posts
1018 upvotes
Anyone converted this to a high powered ebike. Seems like it's a solid bike for a 3kw or 4kw cyclone... Been wanting to do that for awhile but looking for a solid bike to take the power.
May 9, 2006
89 posts
81 upvotes
Repost please delete.
Last edited by ChouMein on Jan 25th, 2022 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 11, 2020
270 posts
477 upvotes
Ok, I just impulse bought this because it's supposed to be a god deal, hard to get, and somehow it was in stock on my first try. So much for keeping my rfd behaviour in check, gonna get spanked tonight

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)