Expired Hot Deals

[Norwegian Cruise Line] Free drinks, speciality restaurants, wifi, 3rd + 4th passenger free, free or reduced airfare, excursion credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2019 3:42 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3133 posts
822 upvotes
Mississauga
carsncars wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 4:14 pm
Cruised NCL in November 2017, and these offers were the same. As others have said, I think it's very much a Macy's type thing, where NCL pretty much is always running this promo.

I would say the specialty dining package is worth it. The buffet and standard restaurants aren't bad (they're at worst mediocre, and mostly decent) but the step up in food quality and dining experience for the premium restaurants was well worth it.
Cagney's is a legit good steak house. I usually book the specialty dining package and dine at Cagneys 2-3 times during a cruise. Moderno and Le Bistro are also pretty good. On long 14+ day cruises I usually do their unlimited dining package as it's really good value.
Nov 8, 2008
376 posts
377 upvotes
Tig wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 4:19 pm
Cagney's is a legit good steak house. I usually book the specialty dining package and dine at Cagneys 2-3 times during a cruise. Moderno and Le Bistro are also pretty good. On long 14+ day cruises I usually do their unlimited dining package as it's really good value.
Cagney's was our favourite! We did that for my friend's birthday. I thought their Oysters Rockefeller was properly good as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3133 posts
822 upvotes
Mississauga
carsncars wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 4:27 pm
Cagney's was our favourite! We did that for my friend's birthday. I thought their Oysters Rockefeller was properly good as well.
i always order those to start lol.
Nov 8, 2008
376 posts
377 upvotes
FYI, a tip for those who have the beverage package - when you are "at port" (e.g. NYC, Cape Canaveral, Bahamas) there is often a liquor tax associated with each drink you order that will be charged to your account.

It's not a huge amount (I think it came to $15 or so per person, maybe a $1-1.50 per drink?) but it was a charge we weren't expecting. If you use the drink package heavily when at port, or at NCL's island, just be aware that there will be additional charges for taxes.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4176 posts
2494 upvotes
Tig wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 3:34 pm
You can opt-out of PP gratuities. That's what I do and just tip the hotel staff directly. Drink gratuities and specialty restaurants are already covered. In my opinion PP gratuities are an industry wide scam to shame customers into paying their employees part of their salary so they can advertise lower prices.

Not everyone will agree with this opinion, which is totally fine. Please refrain from arguing with me regardless of how strongly you feel. This thead does not need another flame war lol.

On topic though. Even with this promo I'm not seeing any cruises anywhere near $100 per person, per day, which would make it a hot deal imo
Thanked for your jnderlined quote. Cheers!
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1041 posts
329 upvotes
Markham
Cisco KId wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 3:57 pm
Gotta say we did our first cruise, a West Med out of Barcelona July 27th on Oasis of the Seas, it was first class! For us there was no need to spend additional for non included restaurants , we ate like kings and loved it. We were a group of eight w a parent who cruises extensively w over 1000 days, we we able to negotiate some additional things included w cruise like the soda package and one pay restaurant incl as well as discounted Surf & Stream package. What a ship, really enjoyed the level of entertainment and amenities RC offers. We now want to try their largest ship for one last cruise on as big as u can go then in future scale it back to smaller ships. Either way it was excellent and we like cruises, one tip stick with one or two carriers to get the best deals if I plan to cruise alot

We also just paid for drinks as needed since each adult in the same stateroom on same reservation must pay. So for 3 of us this would have been $156 US per day and if bought on the ship 250/day. We just won't drink that much nor do we want to. Pay as you go for us worked way better and our bill at end converted to CND was $775. No extra tipping was included unless I felt necessary as 18% was already tacked on. Cheapest beer was $7.25 US and specialty drinks maxed at $15 US per, Don't think I drank more than 4 drinks in my best day lol, don't need to get drink and wasted as I did in my youth lol. We brought 6 bottles of wine on for dinners and when we did day excursions we were able to drink a few beverages relatively cheap, like $1 euro for a beer in Italy. We did too our stateroom attendant and head waiter at dinner at trip end via envelope.

Great post by OP for those considering
Aren't you talking about Royal Caribbean ("RC" and "Oasis of the Seas")? This thread is a deal for Norwegian. Agree with you, though, our experience with Royal Caribbean was pretty good. We'd definitely go with them again.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7115 posts
338 upvotes
Port Moody
Tig wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 4:09 pm
I was booked on the cruise before yours. The transatlantic from FLL to BCN....at least I was until a crane fell on the Oasis during dry-dock and my cruise got cancelled. Still ticked off about that. Ugh
That's a bummer, we had concern ship was to be ready before our cruise but everything went smooth. In fact friends were on it one week prior to our trip and my brothers wifes brother is in it in 2 weeks, coincidental. We were very happy w the entire cruise and would recommend. In Oct the ship gets a $165 million renovation increasing the athletic side of the the ship and some room upgrades. It would be nice to cruise following. Still wish I was on it , lol, now I have to shake off the 5 I gained and we hit gym hard 5 of 7 days lol
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7847 posts
775 upvotes
Vancouver
bdckr wrote: That's a ridiculously tortured way of saying that Norwegian prohibits bringing bottled water.
In the link that you provided:

But a line up for filling multiple glasses at the drink station so you can refill the bottles at your table? Nah, they don't care.

It is a "sanitary" issue that they could easily correct by having dedicated bottle refilling stations, the same way many events/venues have bottle refilling stations without big e.coli outbreaks. Serving yourself at the buffet is also a "sanitary" issue. You can see that when some cruise ships don't allow you to serve yourself on the first day on board, and all ships will not allow you to serve yourself when there is an outbreak.

A dedicated bottle refilling station triggered by motion with plenty of clearance for full size water bottles would be more sanitary than using the same serving utensils as the guy who neglected to wash his hands after taking a dump.
Let me start by saying thank you for protecting all cruise ship passengers. You’re thoughts on sanitation are very important. Personally I dislike olive oil. The oil from a snake much better

You can tell Norwegian super honest. They fly Bahamas flag best country bro for laws.

Sarcasm. How you take any of these oversized dingy serious. When they fly some absurd country flag shows how smart you are ohhhhh we care about you that’s why we fly some countries lawless flag.

Talk to me about water safety when you fly an american flag. If you believe otherwise you’re a moron

If any rfd peeps want to murder someone just shove them off a Bahama flagged boat. Don’t worry bahama authorities are coming for you. The FBI can’t and won’t do anthijg. just trust the safe water station and bahama authorities.

I’ve never read a stupider thread in rfd with exaggerating about this water and filling stations.

Some cruise line that’s totally lawless gets to tell you about personal alcohol. That’s rich. I’d love the breathalyze the average captain.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1020 posts
205 upvotes
Went on a NCL cruise earlier this year - one thing to note when booking is that we found it significantly better to forego there freebies and selected US Equivalent Pricing program instead. We aren't heavy drinkers, and just paid for our own drinks.

Overall we save a lot by not having to pay the gratuities on the drink package, and paying the US pricing in CAD save us another ~30%.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4176 posts
2494 upvotes
Steven91 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 11:18 am
Went on a NCL cruise earlier this year - one thing to note when booking is that we found it significantly better to forego there freebies and selected US Equivalent Pricing program instead. We aren't heavy drinkers, and just paid for our own drinks.

Overall we save a lot by not having to pay the gratuities on the drink package, and paying the US pricing in CAD save us another ~30%.
It all depends on one'habits / needs. Fore sure if you don't drink at all the drink package is useless for you unless you drimk a lot of sodas. But, for us, party of 2, not heavy drinker, wifey don't drink at all we thought that the gratuities ($185/person) worth it anyways. Let's say 5 beers a day,2 sodas, and 2 glasses of wine at dinner time each day... The maths speaks by itself for me. Wife, few sodas, few juices and wine at dinner... For her it is less profitable but in the long run I think, for us, it worth it. $185 gratuity for a free $700 package is a nice deal IMHO
Oct 29, 2004
836 posts
134 upvotes
GTA
Steven91 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 11:18 am

Can you provide a link of US Equivalent Pricing program?
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1256 posts
928 upvotes
Free gratuities on until the 31st currently stacks with free or reduced airfare.

Cannot get from norwegian have to use a participating agent. I went with expedia cruise.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1676 posts
377 upvotes
guys, a little drift away from the topic , but

Celebrity Edge vs Sky Princess, which would you pick?
looking at their crusies in mid December, 2019. 7nights 3 ports. As they are relative new ships, so prefer more stay onbroad then excursions.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4176 posts
2494 upvotes
sircool wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 11:30 pm
guys, a little drift away from the topic , but

Celebrity Edge vs Sky Princess, which would you pick?
looking at their crusies in mid December, 2019. 7nights 3 ports. As they are relative new ships, so prefer more stay onbroad then excursions.
Yup, pretty off topic! Ask your question in the travel forum please
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1843 posts
1381 upvotes
This "promo" is like "sales" at cdn tire or shoppers.

They've had this promo for probably last 2+ years.