Cell Phones

Note 10 plus or wait for the one plus one 7T pro?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2019 9:00 pm
[OP]
Jan 8, 2008
378 posts
48 upvotes

Note 10 plus or wait for the one plus one 7T pro?

I currently have the Note 8, which is still a very good phone, but I feel it's time for an upgrade.

I just can't get over the camera hole in the screen of the note 10 plus, and would like an all screen phone.

Anyone else looking at these phones or took the 7 pro over the note 10 plus? I'll wait to see if the T variation is a big enough upgrade over the 7 pro when it comes out, and if not, maybe the 7 will drop enough in price to make it more attractive. Obviously, the one plus one phones have a price advantage over the note 10 plus, but I am willing to spend the extra on the note if it's that much better.

Thanks
11 replies
Aug 17, 2018
615 posts
437 upvotes
Braude wrote: I just can't get over the camera hole in the screen of the note 10 plus, and would like an all screen phone.
Think you pretty much answered your own question. I'm sure you would be happy with the OP7pro as a daily driver as it does many things well. But with the Samsung sale if you are considering trading in your note 8 the Note 10+ is going to be cheaper then buying a OP7 pro. Things that made me switch from my OP7pro are the Spen / wireless charging (more convenient for me).

I would wait till the 7Tpro comes out see if anything major differs, and make my decision then, would be nice if they put a larger battery for the mid cycle upgrade.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18376 posts
2202 upvotes
Woodbridge
Even if you can stand the Hole Punch, I still recommend the 7T Pro.

I have both Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and Almond 7 Pro.

I prefer the Almond...

90hz Display
Dual SIM
Warp Charging makes up for No Wireless

Edit. Forgot about Oxygen > One UI

I could care less about the Camera but love showing off how it pops up. LOL
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Nov 7, 2013
542 posts
150 upvotes
the 604
i've been thinking the same as OP.

if cameras are important, you'll go for the Note 10+. Samsung's camera tech might not be industry leading/groundbreaking at this point, but it's so dialed in now that even within this current generation, the Note 10+ has even slightly better computational photography than the S10/S10+.

but holy hell, the pricing on the Note 10+ is madness — it is literally more than my monthly mortgage payments — and with the new iPhone pricing, i'd just wait to see how thing shake out ...
[OP]
Jan 8, 2008
378 posts
48 upvotes
bembol wrote: Even if you can stand the Hole Punch, I still recommend the 7T Pro.

I have both Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and Almond 7 Pro.

I prefer the Almond...

90hz Display
Dual SIM
Warp Charging makes up for No Wireless

Edit. Forgot about Oxygen > One UI

I could care less about the Camera but love showing off how it pops up. LOL
Thanks,

Which one do you like better in terms of size and weight?

Which has the better screen. (90hz not withstanding). Even though the 7 pro has a slightly smaller screen, does it look as large or larger due to the lack of a hole?

Thanks,
Dec 11, 2012
247 posts
108 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
I've got the Oneplus 7 Pro 3 weeks ago and love it! Much better UI than Samsung and other Android phones. No notch display is amazing and the pop-up camera is great! For sure you won't regret it.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18376 posts
2202 upvotes
Woodbridge
Braude wrote: Thanks,

Which one do you like better in terms of size and weight?

Which has the better screen. (90hz not withstanding). Even though the 7 pro has a slightly smaller screen, does it look as large or larger due to the lack of a hole?

Thanks,
7 Pro. Even my friends here at work says 7 Pro too.

I don't mind the Hole Punch, though much better than the Notch. The OnePlus' full display is nicer.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Jan 8, 2008
378 posts
48 upvotes
bembol wrote: 7 Pro. Even my friends here at work says 7 Pro too.

I don't mind the Hole Punch, though much better than the Notch. The OnePlus' full display is nicer.
Thanks for the info!

Now all I have to do, is wait for the 7t pro to come out!!! ;)
[OP]
Jan 8, 2008
378 posts
48 upvotes
95thRiflesOCI wrote: Think you pretty much answered your own question. I'm sure you would be happy with the OP7pro as a daily driver as it does many things well. But with the Samsung sale if you are considering trading in your note 8 the Note 10+ is going to be cheaper then buying a OP7 pro. Things that made me switch from my OP7pro are the Spen / wireless charging (more convenient for me).

I would wait till the 7Tpro comes out see if anything major differs, and make my decision then, would be nice if they put a larger battery for the mid cycle upgrade.
I just saw that one plus one has a trade in program, which would get me $ 220 for my Note 8, which is not close to the trade in from Microsoft or best buy, but it's something. I'll see how much they are going for on RFD.
Aug 17, 2018
615 posts
437 upvotes
Braude wrote: I just saw that one plus one has a trade in program, which would get me $ 220 for my Note 8, which is not close to the trade in from Microsoft or best buy, but it's something. I'll see how much they are going for on RFD.
Your looking at $860 from SES if you trade in your note 8.

I'm not sure how OP does there trade it as this was my first OP device but if its before tax ur looking at $890?

Like I said if you don't really need the Spen the best route would be sell your note 8 privately and get the oneplus, out of the box you won't be disappointed unlike the Note 10+ which still has some bugs to work out.
[OP]
Jan 8, 2008
378 posts
48 upvotes
95thRiflesOCI wrote: Your looking at $860 from SES if you trade in your note 8.

I'm not sure how OP does there trade it as this was my first OP device but if its before tax ur looking at $890?

Like I said if you don't really need the Spen the best route would be sell your note 8 privately and get the oneplus, out of the box you won't be disappointed unlike the Note 10+ which still has some bugs to work out.
Thanks!

Will get the 7t pro when it comes out.

Will consider the trade as selling private is too much a hassle, or keep the Note 8 and give it to one of my kids.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5784 posts
1908 upvotes
Braude wrote: I just saw that one plus one has a trade in program, which would get me $ 220 for my Note 8, which is not close to the trade in from Microsoft or best buy, but it's something. I'll see how much they are going for on RFD.
$640 from Samsung Store vs $220 is a difference of $420. On top of that SPC gets 10% off ($146-$165), so in essence, Note 10+ would actually cost you about the same as OP7 Pro (256GB, 8GB version). 1 yr from now I'm sure a Note 10+ will also have more resale value than a OP7 Pro (eg Note 9 is worth more than OP6 for example). For the same money, I would definitely go for Note 10+. At MSRP for both, OP7 Pro is the better deal IMO