May 8, 2010
94 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
They jacked up the prices already...
Aug 8, 2009
424 posts
518 upvotes
geokilla wrote: Did they get in the way of you doing some exercises? Debating between this and loadable dumbbell bar. They look so bulky.
I only did a set of curls. But I can't imagine these getting in the way of anything. Not as big as I thought they would be. One thing I figure I won't be able to do is dumbbell pushups.
Jul 2, 2017
56 posts
197 upvotes
Ordered yesterday, received today. Looks to be in good working order. This should alleviate some fears about this site not being legit.
Mar 6, 2019
67 posts
28 upvotes
Sauce wrote: They jacked up the prices already...
Yeah. Looks like they removed the sale. So much for expiry being 24th of December (although I'm not sure if OP got that from the site or some other source).
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4144 posts
2014 upvotes
Mississauga
raptors909 wrote: Why would I waste my money on these when I can get the bowflex ones? This is junk.

This whole thread should be deleted, there is no hot deal to be had here....its just self advertising.
RFD Baller.
Jun 28, 2010
307 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
Just received my order. Peter delivered them himself. He said he had a ton of orders yesterday after the lockdown was announced (as you'd expect).

Each came in a plain brown box as on the first page.

Haven't seen the Bowflex ones in person but they feel pretty solid. There's a little bit of wiggling in the weights when you curl them, but I'm willing to bet the Bowflex ones would be the same.
tempImage9Sy5p5.gif
May 3, 2017
149 posts
52 upvotes
yeah, during the day his price went back to $399 yesterday
Mar 16, 2008
77 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
zarfilg wrote: what was the price?
they were 260 USD + shipping and tax.
which goes over 400 USD lol
Last edited by NakedAngel on Nov 21st, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 16, 2008
77 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
This comes back in stock on amazon pretty often, 80 bucks for a set, tried it at a friend's place, it's smaller and more sturdy.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B071WS ... UTF8&psc=1

Just buy 3 set of the amazonbasic one for 240 bucks, and you'll have enough for a pair of 50lb dumbbells. Getting rid of my bowflex once i receive these, amazon says delivery in late December though.
Mar 6, 2019
67 posts
28 upvotes
NakedAngel wrote: This comes back in stock on amazon pretty often, 80 bucks for a set, tried it at a friend's place, it's smaller and more sturdy.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B071WS ... UTF8&psc=1

Just buy 3 set of the amazonbasic one for 240 bucks, and you'll have enough for a pair of 50lb dumbbells. Getting rid of my bowflex once i receive these, amazon says delivery in late December though.
Depending on your workouts these are a pain in the ass to change weights. I got my Bowflex 552s and gave my spin locks to a friend.
Sep 23, 2007
266 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
Sauce wrote: They jacked up the prices already...
I talked to Peter this morning when he dropped mine off. He said it was due to the demand- his resellers (basically everyone selling adjustable dumbbells on Kijiji or Facebook marketplace is just reselling his) were trying to stockpile in order to sell for far more than he does, never mind whatever discount they get on MSRP, and he had drivers threatening to quit due to how much demand they were dealing with. Makes sense to me, honestly. In the circumstances, with people trying to sell sets for well over $1k...
Dec 28, 2010
778 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
NineOne wrote: ,,,, he had drivers threatening to quit due to how much demand they were dealing with.
DIdn't get this part. Drivers not happy with delivering ?
TBH, infact it was RFD effect for the uptick in demand, there shud be RFD code or referral discount.
Sep 23, 2007
266 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
Karma2000 wrote: DIdn't get this part. Drivers not happy with delivering ?
TBH, infact it was RFD effect for the uptick in demand, there shud be RFD code or referral discount.
We were only chatting on the sidewalk for a few minutes, so I couldn't tell you how it works. Maybe they aren't paid by delivery and now their workload has tripled?
Nov 9, 2018
7 posts
Thank for the link, but after seeing this "", I would not wanna bowflex or copycats anymore. It's just not worth it. Especially there are so many alternatives to the weights and cost nothing.
Mar 6, 2019
67 posts
28 upvotes
Got my 1090 copy cats today, pretty happy with it just based on moving it around. Feels the same quality as my Bowflex 552. New plastic smell, doesnt smell bad threw it in my basement immediately.

On the floor are the new ones, on the stand (which Peter said will fit the 1090s too) are the 552s.
Sep 23, 2007
266 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
s4weng wrote: Got my 1090 copy cats today, pretty happy with it just based on moving it around. Feels the same quality as my Bowflex 552. New plastic smell, doesnt smell bad threw it in my basement immediately.

On the floor are the new ones, on the stand (which Peter said will fit the 1090s too) are the 552s.
Agreed. I have the same setup of legit 552s and Novalook 1090 clones (but with the Novalook stand). Super impressed with the quality, honestly. One of my dummbells has the terrible plastic smell and the bag inside the box was wet, oddly enough, but the other one is fine and I'm sure the smell will clear.