Expired Hot Deals

[Novalook] Novalook 52.5lbs and 90lbs adjustable dumbbells IN-STOCK!!! $399 & $799

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 1:48 pm
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
252 posts
225 upvotes

Novalook 52.5lbs and 90lbs adjustable dumbbells IN-STOCK!!! $399 & $799

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Novalook
These are bowflex select tech knockoffs but their 5-52.5lbs dumbbells and 10-90lbs dumbbells seems to be both in-stock!!! ***EDIT: OOS now.***

52.5 lbs here

90 lbs here

I cant comment on these as I just placed an order. Hoping to get them tomorrow.
Based from my friend's comment that has both bowflex and novalook, he said they are the exact same thing, just different logo. Maybe someone else here can chime in.

According to a members here:
chilli604 wrote: For potential buyers

Each Dumbbell is 16½ inches long for the 52.5 & I think 17½ for the 90lb dumbbells.

If you got a smaller/narrow body frame. Your gonna have to adjust the way you do shoulder press/chest press etc.
lexarqade wrote: They have an awful plasticky smell. Put them on the balcony to air out for a few hours.
Friend that has it has the exact same complain about the plastic smell.
Last edited by Murkdx on Jan 14th, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
62 replies
Feb 14, 2017
226 posts
117 upvotes
I posted this the other day and was downvoted pretty hard. I guess there are similar knockoff versions much cheaper available on sites such as Aliexpress so brace yourself lol
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2581 posts
2040 upvotes
Main & Hastings
For potential buyers

Each Dumbbell is 16½ inches long for the 52.5 & I think 17½ for the 90lb dumbbells.

If you got a smaller/narrow body frame. Your gonna have to adjust the way you do shoulder press/chest press etc.
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
252 posts
225 upvotes
LoveDealios wrote: I posted this the other day and was downvoted pretty hard. I guess there are similar knockoff versions much cheaper available on sites such as Aliexpress so brace yourself lol
Did you delete the post? I couldnt find it. This is slightly cheaper than bowflex 552s price so i wonder why the downvotes plus ITS IN STOCK!! I had an order from bowflex 552s ($520 after tax) but I cancelled it to get these 90lbs!

Also the select tech 1090s is impossible to find...

I could care less about downvotes. Im just trying to help people out as this Ive benefited a lot from this forum! Just returning the favor Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
chilli604 wrote: For potential buyers

Good to know. I will add this info to the OP. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1389 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. I'm sick of losing muscle mass like crazy and live in a small condo, so don't have space for a dumbell set. Perfect for me.
Dec 12, 2011
13 posts
17 upvotes
NEPEAN
Ordered these Monday and got them Tuesday. Didn't even get a shipping notification until they arrived lol.

They seem good quality. I assume they're from the same factory as the bowflex.

They have an awful plasticky smell. Put them on the balcony to air out for a few hours.
Dec 5, 2016
249 posts
42 upvotes
I ordered the 52.5 lb set with the ab roller and received it literally within 12 hrs in the GTA. Ordered Friday night received Sat morning.
Been great so far, no complaints.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12110 posts
3184 upvotes
i bought the 90lbs pair for 590 shipped with customs at ali
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3224 posts
4386 upvotes
BC
Seeing these Alibaba dumbbells sold everywhere, especially on FB market.

This seller supposedly ships out of a Richmond BC warehouse ($145 each). Might as well go with the cheapest price unless you need them asap.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/402352949186

I believe the genuine Bowflex Dumbbells changed their locking tabs from plastic to metal after complaints of them breaking. Anyone confirm if these generic ones have plastic tabs or metal?
Jan 8, 2014
278 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
peakingduck wrote: Seeing these Alibaba dumbbells sold everywhere, especially on FB market.

This seller supposedly ships out of a Richmond BC warehouse ($145 each). Might as well go with the cheapest price unless you need them asap.

I believe the genuine Bowflex Dumbbells changed their locking tabs from plastic to metal after complaints of them breaking. Anyone confirm if these generic ones have plastic tabs or metal?
I didn't hear of them switching to metal, was that confirmed?

I bought one of these after giving up on the gov't in December on opening up gyms.

These ones have plastic tabs but so far I've been happy with them for my workouts at home.
"A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde
Jan 12, 2011
94 posts
79 upvotes
Sainte-Thérèse
Free delivery only in Toronto >_<
Apr 9, 2020
10 posts
13 upvotes
Is there any sort of return policy for novalook stuff?

Also, is the 10-90 lb version significantly more unwieldy than the 52 lb version? Worried about the width of the dumbbell at that weight.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
14450 posts
3559 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
peakingduck wrote: Seeing these Alibaba dumbbells sold everywhere, especially on FB market.

No tax on eBay?!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3224 posts
4386 upvotes
BC
cPadfoot wrote: I didn't hear of them switching to metal, was that confirmed?
I believe so, was discussed in an older Bowflex thread on RFD and mentioned in some Amazon reviews. Apparently the plastic clips were slipping off and plates were falling on people's faces which is a bit scary

There's knockoff powerblocks out there too, prefer that design over Bowflex

@geokilla tax free! I believe they're a seller in China with stock in Canada so they aren't registered for GST/HST. I was looking a few months ago and there were AliExpress ads shipping Dumbbells from Canada/US warehouses so you don't have to wait 3 months to get it
Images
  • 4A5FFDEB-D3FF-4515-89E6-1C19367857F6.png
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
14450 posts
3559 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
peakingduck wrote: There's knockoff powerblocks out there too, prefer that design over Bowflex

@geokilla tax free! I believe they're a seller in China with stock in Canada so they aren't registered for GST/HST. I was looking a few months ago and there were AliExpress ads shipping Dumbbells from Canada/US warehouses so you don't have to wait 3 months to get it
Do you have a link to the powerblock? I was browsing AliExpress for adjustable dumbbells but not sure if they're any good lol. Especially when the ads come and go randomly. I'd rather buy Canadian from a more reputable seller on eBay if I can.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6708 posts
2578 upvotes
Montreal
geokilla wrote: Do you have a link to the powerblock? I was browsing AliExpress for adjustable dumbbells but not sure if they're any good lol. Especially when the ads come and go randomly. I'd rather buy Canadian from a more reputable seller on eBay if I can.
In for the powerblock knockoff, if it's anything like the real one, much more durable and better weight distribution than bowflex.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3224 posts
4386 upvotes
BC
geokilla wrote: Do you have a link to the powerblock? I was browsing AliExpress for adjustable dumbbells but not sure if they're any good lol. Especially when the ads come and go randomly. I'd rather buy Canadian from a more reputable seller on eBay if I can.
I don't think I saw them on AliExpress, only Alibaba which isn't good for single orders due to shipping costs.

I'm in BC and a local place sells them (90lb version for $700). You're in Ontario though so shipping would probably be ridiculous:
https://www.fitness-etc.ca/shop#!/IRON- ... y=53505971

If you don't need compact/quick adjusting dumbbells, I recommend Pepin dumbbell handles. I don't have any affiliation with them, they're a small business in Montreal. I bought them off a recommendation of another rfder and I'm really happy with them.

I spent $280 for the higher capacity handles then bought 220lb in weights at $1/lb. I sold my genuine powerblocks so it didn't cost me much more, but I got a lot more weight

https://www.dumbbellpepin.com/
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2006
5197 posts
439 upvotes
LoveDealios wrote: I posted this the other day and was downvoted pretty hard. I guess there are similar knockoff versions much cheaper available on sites such as Aliexpress so brace yourself lol
Upvoted your post in this thread as a thank you!
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Oct 21, 2019
40 posts
83 upvotes
I ordered a pair of 90lb adjustable weights off Alibaba (that look exactly like these) about 3 months ago and it took about 1 month to arrive from China. I paid $580 CAD all in for them and quality is great. If anyone doesn't mind waiting that long and wants to save a bit I can definitely send the link to the ones I got off of Alibaba. Only thing I regret not getting was a stand for them....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Kafer