Expired Hot Deals

[Novalook] Novalook 52.5lbs and 90lbs adjustable dumbbells IN-STOCK!!! $399 & $799

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 1:48 pm
Jr. Member
Jul 18, 2017
149 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal
peakingduck wrote: Seeing these Alibaba dumbbells sold everywhere, especially on FB market.

This seller supposedly ships out of a Richmond BC warehouse ($145 each). Might as well go with the cheapest price unless you need them asap.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/402352949186

I believe the genuine Bowflex Dumbbells changed their locking tabs from plastic to metal after complaints of them breaking. Anyone confirm if these generic ones have plastic tabs or metal?
Placed an offer for $250 for a pair. Looks like he had some low offers back in November.
Thanks for sharing!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6722 posts
2596 upvotes
Montreal
honestmate wrote: I ordered a pair of 90lb adjustable weights off Alibaba (that look exactly like these) about 3 months ago and it took about 1 month to arrive from China. I paid $580 CAD all in for them and quality is great. If anyone doesn't mind waiting that long and wants to save a bit I can definitely send the link to the ones I got off of Alibaba. Only thing I regret not getting was a stand for them....
Thats a great price, do you have a link to the seller?
Sr. Member
May 1, 2011
652 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
lexarqade wrote: Ordered these Monday and got them Tuesday. Didn't even get a shipping notification until they arrived lol.

They seem good quality. I assume they're from the same factory as the bowflex.

They have an awful plasticky smell. Put them on the balcony to air out for a few hours.
The bowflex ones don't smell bad when you take it out of the box and the price is similar if you find stock.

Def Not the same factory lol..its a knockoff product with a private label slapped on it to make it look more legit. The nasty smell goes to show the crap they are putting inside of it ,which could be anything. For 399 it's not a deal, every week there's a post about novalook...these guys should just advertise on Facebook instead of posting on here.
Newbie
Oct 21, 2019
41 posts
83 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: Thats a great price, do you have a link to the seller?
Link is attached. I know it says the shipping is $400 for Canada but if you message them, they should tell you it is actually $210 USD to ship (Ontario for me).

I paid $390 USD all in for the pair including shipping, they cover all customs fees and stuff. Not sure if their prices have changed though due to demand.

90lb Dumbbells Alibaba Link
Newbie
Mar 25, 2017
93 posts
169 upvotes
GTA
Just ordered the 2 of the eBay dumbbells that was posted here. Not sure if it’s $290 all in or I still need to pay taxes but either way it’s a solid deal and I will have recourse through eBay/PayPal if there are issues with them
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 1, 2008
14469 posts
3575 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
peakingduck wrote: Seeing these Alibaba dumbbells sold everywhere, especially on FB market.

This seller supposedly ships out of a Richmond BC warehouse ($145 each). Might as well go with the cheapest price unless you need them asap.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/402352949186

I believe the genuine Bowflex Dumbbells changed their locking tabs from plastic to metal after complaints of them breaking. Anyone confirm if these generic ones have plastic tabs or metal?
Wow the price went up significantly. I was trying to find reviews of copycat models like and it's now $240 for one!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 2, 2009
1351 posts
1992 upvotes
Toronto :)
How do these compare to the bowflex ones? Are bowflex significantly better quality?
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
Newbie
Mar 25, 2017
93 posts
169 upvotes
GTA
geokilla wrote: Wow the price went up significantly. I was trying to find reviews of copycat models like and it's now $240 for one!
Wow I can’t believe the price jumped by nearly $100 per dumbbells. Glad I made a quick decision to buy
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 16, 2003
3986 posts
1005 upvotes
the Red ebay ones here - https://www.ebay.ca/itm/164488290422

still $185 ea / $370 a pair with free shipping
can try your luck with an offer as well if you want to save a few bucks.

I actually bought the Novalook last night and they were delivered today. paid $450 after tax with delivery and an ab roller that i'll probably use once and forget i have it.

If you're not in a rush / don't want the ab roller, the ebay ones or ali express ones are the better deal

FWIW - the ones in the ebay link look exactly like the previous novalook ones, down to the "dumbbell" marking on the locking mechanism, which is what people were getting last time a novalook promo came around
The ones i got today are actually branded with "novalook"
Ebay - 267 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0
Grailed - 86 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Newbie
Dec 3, 2017
6 posts
peakingduck wrote: I don't think I saw them on AliExpress, only Alibaba which isn't good for single orders due to shipping costs.

I'm in BC and a local place sells them (90lb version for $700). You're in Ontario though so shipping would probably be ridiculous:
https://www.fitness-etc.ca/shop#!/IRON- ... y=53505971

If you don't need compact/quick adjusting dumbbells, I recommend Pepin dumbbell handles. I don't have any affiliation with them, they're a small business in Montreal. I bought them off a recommendation of another rfder and I'm really happy with them.

I spent $280 for the higher capacity handles then bought 220lb in weights at $1/lb. I sold my genuine powerblocks so it didn't cost me much more, but I got a lot more weight

https://www.dumbbellpepin.com/
Where did you get the weights from? Marketplace/craigslist or is there a store selling for $1/lb?
Jr. Member
Mar 6, 2012
150 posts
94 upvotes
Montreal
peakingduck wrote: I don't think I saw them on AliExpress, only Alibaba which isn't good for single orders due to shipping costs.

I'm in BC and a local place sells them (90lb version for $700). You're in Ontario though so shipping would probably be ridiculous:
https://www.fitness-etc.ca/shop#!/IRON- ... y=53505971

If you don't need compact/quick adjusting dumbbells, I recommend Pepin dumbbell handles. I don't have any affiliation with them, they're a small business in Montreal. I bought them off a recommendation of another rfder and I'm really happy with them.

I spent $280 for the higher capacity handles then bought 220lb in weights at $1/lb. I sold my genuine powerblocks so it didn't cost me much more, but I got a lot more weight

https://www.dumbbellpepin.com/
I second Pepin, also have them and love them. I sold my Bowflex for them and ended up having more weights and saving money.

However they are not from Montreal, they are from Saint-Ephrem-de-Beauce. Just in case someone was thinking about picking them up locally, this is about 3h drive from Montreal.
Jr. Member
Aug 29, 2007
181 posts
36 upvotes
Saskatoon
honestmate wrote: Link is attached. I know it says the shipping is $400 for Canada but if you message them, they should tell you it is actually $210 USD to ship (Ontario for me).

I paid $390 USD all in for the pair including shipping, they cover all customs fees and stuff. Not sure if their prices have changed though due to demand.

90lb Dumbbells Alibaba Link
I just ordered a pair off Alibaba as well this week. Got mine for $500USD all in including the stand shipped to SK. It’s way cheaper than getting a bowflex stand afterwards.
Jr. Member
Sep 23, 2007
196 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
honestmate wrote: Link is attached. I know it says the shipping is $400 for Canada but if you message them, they should tell you it is actually $210 USD to ship (Ontario for me).

I paid $390 USD all in for the pair including shipping, they cover all customs fees and stuff. Not sure if their prices have changed though due to demand.

90lb Dumbbells Alibaba Link
For anyone wondering, these look absolutely 100% identical to the Novalook ones I got a little while back. Though another poster mentioned Novalook's are now branded with "Novalook" rather than "Dumbbell".
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2412 posts
888 upvotes
North York
Adealaday wrote: Placed an offer for $250 for a pair. Looks like he had some low offers back in November.
Thanks for sharing!
Hey did you get any response?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
3249 posts
4406 upvotes
BC
Rays604 wrote: Where did you get the weights from? Marketplace/craigslist or is there a store selling for $1/lb?
Walmart was selling their gozone plates for $1/lb but bumped them up to $1.40/lb recently. Hardest part is finding stock.
Jr. Member
Jul 18, 2017
149 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal
quazy wrote: Hey did you get any response?
Not yet... and judging by the price hike, I doubt he'd accept the offer...
Unless the price went up due to low to no stock...
Jr. Member
May 3, 2017
115 posts
40 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: I think Im gonna order this one from alibaba
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... bd90YVAdvA

It's a knockoff of the Nuobell 80lbs, comes with the stand. Trying to check with them if they offer a cheaper shipping alternative.
I’d be interested in buying along with you if multiple orders make the shipping cheaper, depending on the final price
Newbie
Mar 25, 2017
93 posts
169 upvotes
GTA
Adealaday wrote: Not yet... and judging by the price hike, I doubt he'd accept the offer...
Unless the price went up due to low to no stock...
I received a response from the seller within an hour. He rejected my offer. I ordered them right after that as I figured $145 per dumbbells was as good as it would get for the next 2 months

Top