• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 10:03 pm
Tags:
Mar 31, 2017
588 posts
206 upvotes
Vancouver
Had Novus at my last place and enjoyed their service so much

Too bad there's no Novus in my current place but atleast Telus is offering FYF for their basic internet (which I upgraded to Internet 100 for 27 bucks a month) + TV service (any 2 packs)

If there was Novus in my building though, I would probably still go back to them despite the Telus offer (just so I don't have to deal with Telus retentions team in an year)
Jul 2, 2018
75 posts
38 upvotes
kooltilltheen wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 7:57 pm
Had Novus at my last place and enjoyed their service so much

Too bad there's no Novus in my current place but atleast Telus is offering FYF for their basic internet (which I upgraded to Internet 100 for 27 bucks a month) + TV service (any 2 packs)

If there was Novus in my building though, I would probably still go back to them despite the Telus offer (just so I don't have to deal with Telus retentions team in an year)
Hey I am currently with Telus and paying $48/month for 300/300(student discount). I do have Novus servicing my apartment so I am wondering if I should call Telus to get a better deal or switch over to Novus. Could you please elaborate on the Telus plan you have? Thanks!
Koodo - $45/6GB | Telus Pure Fiber 300 - $45/month (on student discount)
Scotiabank Momentum Visa Infinite - FYF + 5% cash back promo
HSBC World Elite MasterCard - FYF + 20k signup bonus + 10k for $1k spend in 3 months
Mar 31, 2017
588 posts
206 upvotes
Vancouver
p2r2tdealslover wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 8:46 pm
Hey I am currently with Telus and paying $48/month for 300/300(student discount). I do have Novus servicing my apartment so I am wondering if I should call Telus to get a better deal or switch over to Novus. Could you please elaborate on the Telus plan you have? Thanks!
Telus won't match any Novus offers (or didn't at my last place anyways) and they won't match my current promo either since that's an agreement with the builder of my condo
Jul 2, 2018
75 posts
38 upvotes
kooltilltheen wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 9:06 pm
Telus won't match any Novus offers (or didn't at my last place anyways) and they won't match my current promo either since that's an agreement with the builder of my condo
Oh icic. Thanks for your reply. I am guessing its a new condo deal then. I will try my luck and see if Telus can add free Pik TV lol or else I will jump ship to Novus and move my current Internet plan to my friend's place.
Koodo - $45/6GB | Telus Pure Fiber 300 - $45/month (on student discount)
Scotiabank Momentum Visa Infinite - FYF + 5% cash back promo
HSBC World Elite MasterCard - FYF + 20k signup bonus + 10k for $1k spend in 3 months
Nov 6, 2018
5 posts
I just called in and they said this promo runs until the end of January. Their Medium bundle (TV + 5 Theme Packs) with Internet 100 is also now $65 for one year. Good deal!
Sep 22, 2017
13 posts
8 upvotes
Here's what I got in the mail tonight:
IMG-20190108-WA0025.jpg
IMG-20190108-WA0024.jpg
Mar 12, 2016
7 posts
5 upvotes
Just switched from Internet 35 to 100 for no additional cost. Guaranteed for a year but no contract. God I love Novus.
Nov 30, 2010
481 posts
272 upvotes
Burnaby
Thanks OP! A deal that actually saves me money, instead of making me spend more!
Oct 15, 2012
30 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver
Omg thank you!!! Went from 35 to 100 while paying the same rate!! Insane!!
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2621 posts
1868 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
What happens after a year? I've heard Novus reps can renew the promotion for the next year too, or is that some other isp? I have Telus 150mbps, but I don't know if I need the extra 50mbps or even look at the speed anymore.
Sep 23, 2006
422 posts
440 upvotes
I had Novus in my old place in DT, but unfortunately they dont offer service in South Surrey :(
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1081 posts
3491 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 11:39 am
What happens after a year? I've heard Novus reps can renew the promotion for the next year too, or is that some other isp? I have Telus 150mbps, but I don't know if I need the extra 50mbps or even look at the speed anymore.
Novus only offers service at 76 total addresses in Burnaby - are you sure you're even qualified?

They have no guarantees to renew after a year, don't switch if you're not willing to pay a bit more after the first year - I wouldn't be surprised if another $50/mo promo is around in a year from now, but $35/mo is quite low and they wouldn't need to renew at that price because they know no competitors (TELUS, Shaw, resellers) are able to offer that speed at that price. The $50/mo price point is more realistic to price match.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2621 posts
1868 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Leverage wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 12:15 pm
Novus only offers service at 76 total addresses in Burnaby - are you sure you're even qualified?

They have no guarantees to renew after a year, don't switch if you're not willing to pay a bit more after the first year - I wouldn't be surprised if another $50/mo promo is around in a year from now, but $35/mo is quite low and they wouldn't need to renew at that price because they know no competitors (TELUS, Shaw, resellers) are able to offer that speed at that price. The $50/mo price point is more realistic to price match.
Yeah, my building is on the list. I didn't switch to Novus because Telus was offering their $40 for 150mbps student pricing, but it runs out in April because of their new 8 month limit.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3885 posts
790 upvotes
Vancouver
Novus is incredible- I can't say enough good things about them.

I got an e-mail from them last year that stood out because it was so unconventional for an ISP titled "Changes to your Novus Services". Normally when you get one of these letters you're expecting a price increase or some mixed news. Instead, what I got was a free upgrade to symmetrical fees, free upgrade for Internet 50 users to Internet 75, and a free upgrade to Unlimited Data for Internet 100+ users. Anyone currently paying for those services would automatically be no longer billed.

They also credit you promptly and keep you informed of any known service outages which has happened twice where a utilities contractor accidentally sliced the optical cable leading into the building.

And finally, they reached out to me proactively just prior to the end of my first year offering me a chance to renew on the latest promotion at the time. All other ISP offers are "for new customers only" and you have to rely on retentions for a deal.

My parents have Internet 50 only with Telus for about $100/mo and here Novus is offering Internet 100 + TV for half. I mentioned this when I was negotiating with retentions and the rep didn't believe me.
Removed external link in signature.