Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Novus

*Vancouver only - Novus Building Only* Novus Internet Switch Promo

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 1:24 pm
Aug 13, 2004
787 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver

*Vancouver only - Novus Building Only* Novus Internet Switch Promo

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
February 28, 2017
Retailer:
Novus
Unfortunately I'm only able to take advantage of this for a while as I'm temporarily displaced for a couple months for renovations. I've heard great things of Novus before but unless you're in a building serviced by them you're out of luck. There are a good number of buildings now available - you can check on the website.

Internet Service 25Mbps - no contract - First month free and $30 /month thereafter for 12 months! I paid no installation and I'm in a building requiring no modem so my AC1900 router is hooked straight into the jack. Measured speeds were 25Mbps down and an amazing 15Mbps UP.

I dumped shaw on sunday night and when asked the question when would I like service to discontinue I said Monday morning. They did indeed cut it off that quickly. I took a chance not knowing but was so relieved when Novus registered and sent me a password in 5 minutes on the phone Monday morning!

I followed the link found via google search Sunday night, followed the prompt to register (which is simply providing your info for them to contact you), they called Monday morning and left a message and I called them back 30 minutes later. There was no wait on the phone, no hoops, no contracts, and no upsell - I haven't had this level of service from a provider .... ever! Anyway, I'm thoroughly impressed with the product and the cost is unbeatable - for those lucky enough to live in a Novus serviced building only though. Not sure if PM is available with other providers given the exclusive nature of this service but.....

The link provided is simply a cut down version of the link provided on the google search page. As it is a Novus sponsored ad it seems there are clickIDs that I've cut off. IF the link doesn't work - simply do your own google search for "Novus Internet Deal" and you should see the sponsored link.
40 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135824 upvotes
888888 upvotes
$30 for 25mbps for a reseller? Isn't that more expensive and not reliable ?
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
Thatdealguy wrote: $30 for 25mbps for a reseller? Isn't that more expensive and not reliable ?
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Oct 5, 2005
186 posts
63 upvotes
Vancouver
Any promos for existing customers? I'm currently paying $39.95/month.

It looks like the promo code for this one is "Web02" and it is only $30 for the first 12 months. It can only be applied to new subscribers.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Thatdealguy wrote: $30 for 25mbps for a reseller? Isn't that more expensive and not reliable ?
Novus is an actual legit telecommunication company that built fiber into buildings and direct to customer. They have their own network and no need for a modem. Arguably more stable and constant connection than Telus Fiber and way better than Shaw. Can't even get 2ms ping on Shaw.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Unkno wrote: Any promos for existing customers? I'm currently paying $39.95/month.

It looks like the promo code for this one is "Web02" and it is only $30 for the first 12 months. It can only be applied to new subscribers.
Call their customer service, and they are willing to give monthly discounts or move you to a better plan. Be better if you can get a quote from Telus Fiber and use that to your advantage.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I wish their higher tiers were also on sale. 25mbps is a bit low, and it goes back up to $40 after a year?

Are there any better deals? Lightspeed has 120mbps for $70 with no caps, but is a Shaw reseller, right?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
If you can get Novus you might be able to get Urbanfiber.
It's not $25/month but $80/month buys you symmetric gigabit.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135824 upvotes
888888 upvotes
I see they are separate. I remembered I saw their name on RFD before.

I think it was only in several condos ?

Previously on Telus thread
People got internet around $47 with 150mbps? For 1 year.

Shaw was around
$45 for 150mb after the credits.

========
Telus and Shaw student plans have something around $30 for 25 Mbps or 50 mbps right ?
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Nov 30, 2010
629 posts
489 upvotes
Burnaby
Novus user here for a bit over two years. On the 50 down plan.

Can vouch for their service and consistent speed, I've had a great time since I moved to the Burnaby area (and got off Shaw). I also appreciate that every time I call, their technical support speaks fluent unaccented English (I know that sounds racist, but it helps a lot when two parties understand each other on the phone).
I've been paying $50 for 50 down ever since I signed up with them. I find that every time my promo runs out and I get bumped to $62, I just ask for a better rate or I'll switch down to the 25. It's worked twice for me now and I'm happy with what I'm paying for.

Their referral program also works as advertised. Had three successful referrals so far for $25 credit each. I can't give referrals as per RFD rules, but for those of you in a novus building, I encourage you to try.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Novus, just a customer.

Edit: I should add that Shaw and Telus markets very aggressively in my building (better than market plans) to try to get customers off. I dump their ads every single time. Feels great.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
I’m with Novus for a long time, on 25/10 plan for like 40 bucks + tax. Building with built in fiber optic. Service is stable, no problems to mention. Except that I never ever get even close to these speeds… Maybe 15/4 tops. It’s like that since the day one. In the meantime I changed several routers and computers so I should think it’s not on my side. Never complained to Novus tho cuz I don’t really need more than that anyway, but just saying for the record…
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Aug 29, 2010
556 posts
625 upvotes
max011 wrote: I’m with Novus for a long time, on 25/10 plan for like 40 bucks + tax. Building with built in fiber optic. Service is stable, no problems to mention. Except that I never ever get even close to these speeds… Maybe 15/4 tops. It’s like that since the day one. In the meantime I changed several routers and computers so I should think it’s not on my side. Never complained to Novus tho cuz I don’t really need more than that anyway, but just saying for the record…
I am on the same boat. Although it seems reliable, I have never got the speed they advertised. I just ran speedtest now(at 4AM), and I am getting 2ms ping, 8.94mbps down, 4.62mbps upload.. pretty slow. However, it might be a bit of issue with my router as it's pretty old, but even when I directly connect to the jack, I never got anything more than 15mbps dl.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
You guys need to contact Novus. It could be simply that they capped your speed wrong in their end. There shouldn't be any ups or downs cause it's fiber. I've been at a constant 99mbps down and 9.7~ up.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
2116 posts
1137 upvotes
max011 wrote: I’m with Novus for a long time, on 25/10 plan for like 40 bucks + tax. Building with built in fiber optic. Service is stable, no problems to mention. Except that I never ever get even close to these speeds… Maybe 15/4 tops. It’s like that since the day one. In the meantime I changed several routers and computers so I should think it’s not on my side. Never complained to Novus tho cuz I don’t really need more than that anyway, but just saying for the record…
I had artificially low speeds after changing plan details and as it turned out they entered the wrong speed into their system admin page. Call them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
HugsNotDrugs wrote: I had artificially low speeds after changing plan details and as it turned out they entered the wrong speed into their system admin page. Call them.
Yes, I should...

Also, just got their newsletter with this Promo:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Oct 15, 2015
242 posts
879 upvotes
BC
I was with Novus for 3 years. They've been really good. I love that you get aeroplan points too for each Novus bill.

Unfortunately, Telus Fibre just arrived at my building and their offer was $42 per month for 12 months no contract for their Internet 150. Novus' best offer was $49 per month for 12 months for 100 down/10 up.

I may switch back to Novus after the 12 months are over though.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been with Novus for about 6 years. They're fantastic. Everyone I know that has Novus loves them too.

On the odd occasion that I've had to call their customer support, it went like this:

Me: *dials number* *ring* *ring*
Novus agent: "Hello, how can I help you?"
Me: "uh...what the? oh... right, can you tell me why..."

In this day and age, we're conditioned to expect an annoying automated voice system when we dial customer support. It's REFRESHING when you actually get a real life person (a local no less) right away.
Jul 24, 2015
237 posts
153 upvotes
bomber17 wrote: Novus is an actual legit telecommunication company that built fiber into buildings and direct to customer. They have their own network and no need for a modem. Arguably more stable and constant connection than Telus Fiber and way better than Shaw. Can't even get 2ms ping on Shaw.
No modem? How does that work?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
PeterWIlliams wrote: No modem? How does that work?
Same as your home network...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Rudeepoo wrote: I was with Novus for 3 years. They've been really good. I love that you get aeroplan points too for each Novus bill.

Unfortunately, Telus Fibre just arrived at my building and their offer was $42 per month for 12 months no contract for their Internet 150. Novus' best offer was $49 per month for 12 months for 100 down/10 up.

I may switch back to Novus after the 12 months are over though.
They didn't offer you the 100/100 for the same price $49/month for 12 months?

Upload IMO is getting to be the more useful one now and arguably the more valuable especially if you have dropbox or any cloud service, or start streaming. Download doesn't really matter much since nothing can really max it out even with multiple streams.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)