• Jul 7th, 2015 5:56 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 18, 2015
50 posts
Paris, ON

Now I Am Suspicious Over My Rate of Insurance Premium

*Give comment on what you think. Sorry for re-post.

Location: Mississauga Square One. G2 obtained in 2011.08. G obtained in 2014.09.

I bought brand new Audi Q5 early in 2013. The insurance premium was originally somewhere 290/month.

I got hit from right side when turning right (female driver hit me after riding onto curbs) in November 2013, 0% fault. The insurance premium dropped to somewhere 250/month in 2014.

I passed G test in June 2014.

2015, I moved to another condo 1km away from the last one. My insurance goes up over 300/month.

I got hit again in early 2015 on rear back, 0% fault.

Here is where I get conspiracy theory.

I called other insurance company. One of them told me that I was reported by the woman who hit me in the accident in 2013. The woman lied to police at that time saying I force change lane. Luckily, a witness helped me get rid of a ticket that was given to me on the same day. The police tear that ticket into half after he talked to the witness.

TD keeps telling me that I am not at fault in either accident, while other insurance company found my car related to a reported accident within some traffic agency database? I did provide them with a TD experience letter later. So that clears. Sill, it is stupid that some database just tag me as reported for an accident without even looking into it. Like the one woman who was either drunk or sleepy can just report me without providing evidence and left me with all these troubles.

I am going to make some more calls to other companies. I drive safe and alert. I never speed. I just can't help but wonder why am I paying 250 now (liability only) while some pay only 100/month.
6 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
13512 posts
4382 upvotes
Moving 1km moving out of the first zone. So 2nd zone is more expensive.
[OP]
Jan 18, 2015
50 posts
Paris, ON
spike1128 wrote: Moving 1km moving out of the first zone. So 2nd zone is more expensive.
TD explained to me that the increase was caused by change in Q5 premium and national rates. Is it even realistic that the rate just went up by 700 dollar a year?

I passed G test. I passed 25 birthday. I was expecting a huge decrease until I got slapped in the face.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13589 posts
2993 upvotes
Toronto
wayneww wrote: TD explained to me that the increase was caused by change in Q5 premium and national rates. Is it even realistic that the rate just went up by 700 dollar a year?

I passed G test. I passed 25 birthday. I was expecting a huge decrease until I got slapped in the face.
yes it is possible. It happens all the time and there is nothing you can do about it unless you change cars or move to a different area. Your other option is to shop for another insurance company when your current policy is up for renewal. Insurance companies in general are all suspicious. After all they are in the business for profit and greed likes to take over
Penalty Box
Aug 16, 2014
1043 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto, ON
of course look at the demographic of q5 owners in Markham and Richmond hill, their driving incompetence drives up the ontario average.
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
13512 posts
4382 upvotes
wayneww wrote: TD explained to me that the increase was caused by change in Q5 premium and national rates. Is it even realistic that the rate just went up by 700 dollar a year?

Absolutely. I moved 2 blocks and went up by 100 a month. Certain ethnicity can't drive in that area and bring my rate up with it. Insurance is a scam, cause good drivers pay for poor driver's mistakes.

I dropped that insurer like a plague.

Moreover, premium cars cost more to insure and yes those crap drivers all drive SUVs like Q5, X3, and GLK. Especially in Markham. So up goes your rate.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4331 upvotes
spike1128 wrote: Absolutely. I moved 2 blocks and went up by 100 a month. Certain ethnicity can't drive in that area and bring my rate up with it. Insurance is a scam, cause good drivers pay for poor driver's mistakes.

I dropped that insurer like a plague.

Moreover, premium cars cost more to insure and yes those crap drivers all drive SUVs like Q5, X3, and GLK. Especially in Markham. So up goes your rate.
this