Investing

is now the time to invest in oil stocks?

  • Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2022 7:21 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 19, 2009
6111 posts
1975 upvotes
Scarborough
This seems more like gambling than investing lol
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 9, 2008
5682 posts
2238 upvotes
Thornhill
Jon Lai wrote: 50.78 now, ouch. I hope you covered your shirt while you were still up
Quite the contrary, it's going up due to Fed Beige Book Release.

I added to DWTI - AVG @ 106.4793
Sr. Member
Nov 22, 2012
671 posts
25 upvotes
NORTH YORK
lol that's oil market for you. No news. Bearish report and price just hiked.
Anyways I got out of my HOU @9.10.
Sr. Member
Oct 16, 2008
975 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
Federal beige report reported decline in oil drilling activity? is that why?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 9, 2008
5682 posts
2238 upvotes
Thornhill
Pho6 wrote: Federal beige report reported decline in oil drilling activity? is that why?
It's just an anecdotal report - basically says "everything is alright".
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1531 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
saugadealhunter wrote: lol that's oil market for you. No news. Bearish report and price just hiked.
Anyways I got out of my HOU @9.10.
same here, i sold hou too. Was in @ $9.08, sold @ $9.18. :confused:

in HOD @ 10.58

I don't buy Fed news, i think it's only temporary up in price since EIA just release 10M inventory.
Member
Jul 4, 2012
230 posts
48 upvotes
I witnessed DWTI fall from 105 all the way down to 100. that was interesting
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1886 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
SkimGuy wrote: This seems more like gambling than investing lol
This thread is only gambling. There is no investing going on here.
Sr. Member
Oct 16, 2008
975 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: Man I don't know f I have the balls to hold HOD overnight...
Crude broke $51 so looks like there's some upwards momentum. Might hit $53 end of this week.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 9, 2008
5682 posts
2238 upvotes
Thornhill
Jon Lai wrote: Man I don't know f I have the balls to hold HOD overnight...
I'm holding. I have literally nothing to be scared about.

USD will make another new 52-week high - ECB will announce QE details.

--

LMFAO, Shell Union Labour Board to be completely replaced at second largest refinery.

"Shell will have trained and deployed enough “relief workers” by mid-summer to keep the 327,000-barrel-a-day Deer Park refinery in Texas fully staffed, The Hague, Netherlands-based company said late Monday on its website. Lee Medley, president of the USW local covering workers that went on strike at Deer Park Feb. 1, described Shell’s statement on Tuesday as a “scare tactic” designed to get USW members to return to work."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... fore-talks
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
7260 posts
2212 upvotes
... I'm so friggin pissed... Bought HOU at $8.53, then went as low as $8.44... Then exited at $8.66 because I went to play basketball around 12:30pm, only to realize I missed out on a huge profit... FML
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47090 posts
7493 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Jeenyus1 wrote: I'm holding. I have literally nothing to be scared about.

USD will make another new 52-week high - ECB will announce QE details.

--

LMFAO, Shell Union Labour Board to be completely replaced at second largest refinery.

"Shell will have trained and deployed enough “relief workers” by mid-summer to keep the 327,000-barrel-a-day Deer Park refinery in Texas fully staffed, The Hague, Netherlands-based company said late Monday on its website. Lee Medley, president of the USW local covering workers that went on strike at Deer Park Feb. 1, described Shell’s statement on Tuesday as a “scare tactic” designed to get USW members to return to work."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... fore-talks
I wouldn't be too confident about that. It's getting into summer, after all.

Also, the Shell news you posted, isn't that bullish for oil?

Top