[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2014
1868 posts
517 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Now we know why we can buy so many cheap BNIB computer parts on Kiji

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-new ... -on-kijiji

Heggaton’s scam began unravelling in September 2014 when his superiors in the crypto support unit, also known as CFCSU, started getting invoices for graphic cards they didn’t normally buy, and hard drives and processors that were usually purchased as part of larger orders of complete computer systems.

His loot includes:

- 40 Intel Core i7 processors,
- 40 licences for computer software

BEST YET:
Heggaton is also accused of defrauding the government of $67,123 worth of computer parts by generating a fake contract with Netlink Computer Inc. between June 3 and Aug. 4, 2014.
Mining & Workstation EPYC 7702 64 Core & Dual 3950x Rigs | ASUS STRIX RTX 3090 OC | 3X NEC PA301W | 64GB DDR4 ECC |5 TB Samsung NVMe Storage
8 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19947 posts
5330 upvotes
Off the 404
Oh and I thought it would be NCIX related lol

edit: I saw your ninja edit OP ;)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6830 posts
5732 upvotes
North York
I haven't seen anything cheap on Kijiji.
Nov 9, 2009
687 posts
99 upvotes
Wellington, ON
konsensei wrote: I haven't seen anything cheap on Kijiji.
Really. That's a good one!
It's a thin line that separates a gourmet from a glutton.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6141 posts
1995 upvotes
Thornhill
konsensei wrote: I haven't seen anything cheap on Kijiji.
I agree. Rediculous to the point where it feels like people either want to sell it at the cost they bought their stuff or they just keep it. I need to buy a dozen of different things over the last few months and the experience was horrible. Half of ads don't even respond... Others would not budge on already VERY high prices. In fact, some stores that sell on Kijiji were selling NEW items for lower than private sales of old used items!!! Makes 0 common sense!
I often use voice typing and rarely read what I had typed...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
8828 posts
1897 upvotes
London
Sometimes you can find some bargain there but you have to visit Kijiji frequently. I was able to pick up 2X8GB Adata Z1 XPG DDR4 2400 for $80 this summer for example. Here were two nice system that was on Kijijii London last week but were sold within a few days:

$500 for the following 1.5 months old HTPC:

Coffee Lake 8100 @ 3.6 GHZ true quad core
Rog swift mini Z370-I Gaming mobo
250gb Seagate hd 2.5in laptop design
8 gb adata ram
dvd burner reader
corsair cx650 bronze
wireless keyboard and mouse htpc logitech k400tv plus
Fractual case core 500 mini itx fits full size gpu

$450 for Ryzen combo :

Ryzen 7 1700 cpu
Gigabyte ga-ab350m-gaming 3
1×8gb 2400mhz ddr4 g.skill fortis
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12685 posts
2082 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
LOL, I wonder if he could have gotten away with it if he hadn't kept ordering when under suspicion.

I guess now we know why NCIX went under :D .
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6830 posts
5732 upvotes
North York
dazz wrote: I agree. Rediculous to the point where it feels like people either want to sell it at the cost they bought their stuff or they just keep it. I need to buy a dozen of different things over the last few months and the experience was horrible. Half of ads don't even respond... Others would not budge on already VERY high prices. In fact, some stores that sell on Kijiji were selling NEW items for lower than private sales of old used items!!! Makes 0 common sense!
Some people are very delusional. There's a guy in BST section here in RFD, and he advertises on Kijiji frequently - you probably know who- would absolutely not budge anything, even for 4-5 year old tech cpu, motherboard that are advertised for MSRP new products back in the day.
And his reason is "CAD was on par with USD 4-5 years ago. What's your point?"
Mar 26, 2008
436 posts
163 upvotes
dazz wrote: I agree. Rediculous to the point where it feels like people either want to sell it at the cost they bought their stuff or they just keep it. I need to buy a dozen of different things over the last few months and the experience was horrible. Half of ads don't even respond... Others would not budge on already VERY high prices. In fact, some stores that sell on Kijiji were selling NEW items for lower than private sales of old used items!!! Makes 0 common sense!
the stuff that are cheap are usually bought pretty fast, especially in the electronics/computers/video games section. all the ads you see are the 'failed' ads that don't sell for some of the reasons you stated

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)