Canada Goose 20% Off

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2021 5:47 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6650 posts
986 upvotes
Toronto
RaffN wrote: Not really a hot deal. 24s was a lot better with free shipping.
Fast shipping and really nice packaging too…
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5380 posts
1243 upvotes
Montreal
I would recommend you guys to stay away from the Langford parka for men. My coat has loose threads coming out of the shoulder and the sleeve area after 1 season of moderate use. Many others owners have reported similar issues in the reviews section of the CG website.

Certain models are either poorly designed or just put together with cheaper materials.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
1457 posts
146 upvotes
Vancouver
I was debating getting one of these earlier this year just to look more foreign, kidding. :P
But I did not like the often difficult zippers and the sleeves were too long for the models I tried on.
It seems quite hard for me to find a CG parka that is perfect fit...
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1668 posts
760 upvotes
Narkham
cn_habs wrote:
Certain models are either poorly designed or just put together with cheaper materials.
100% worse quality than they were back in the day, and yet cost 3x more..
RFD: Rarely Finding Discounts on things I actually need
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3373 posts
3852 upvotes
I know it's a different style, but you can get an Arcteryx Fission SV for like half this price when on sale. It's a warm, but MUCH lighter, more comfortable jacket and allows full body range of motion. I went for a 1.5 hour walk in the evening today in it (-12 with wind) and was perfecty warm and comfortable in a t-shirt. I'd take that over the <5% of days where bulky coats matter more.
For Sale:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
6361 posts
5419 upvotes
dysonlu wrote: Not a surprise to anyone but prices reflect what people are willing to pay and many in the Far East are willing to pay those astronomical prices. It’s about brand cachet now and the more expensive, the more exclusive it appears to brand slaves (the LV bags playbook). CG probably don’t really care that Canadians find them outrageously expensive. Similar to lobsters and maple sirup, the producers make more money in foreign markets.
Canadians buy lots of CG too. Obviously many don't find it that expensive with how common they are in Canada

It's really not that expensive.. you can get a bomber for less than 1k... It's pretty cheap compared to moncler and warmer too
Nov 26, 2018
352 posts
344 upvotes
BrocIlSerbatoio wrote: CHILLIWACK BOMBER is three times the price now. As another rdf said, back in the day this jacket cost $375cdn.

There is no way I'll pay that much for CG.

Edit:
The Resolute Parka $1395

You are going to tell me a bomber jacket that probably is only duck filled is worth the same.
the guy looks like he's an EMT. lmao, i'll never understand the fascination with CG.
Jun 29, 2010
794 posts
1457 upvotes
konig1 wrote: the guy looks like he's an EMT. lmao, i'll never understand the fascination with CG.
That's a design choice due to the purpose the jacket was intended for?
Long known as the "industrial" parka of the North, the Resolute Parka is worn at both poles - by explorers on trans-Antarctic expeditions as well as workers at high-Arctic observatories. With features like double reinforced elbows and a longer thigh length, this parka will get you through some of the most extreme and challenging environments in the world.
Apr 30, 2007
140 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal
cn_habs wrote: I would recommend you guys to stay away from the Langford parka for men. My coat has loose threads coming out of the shoulder and the sleeve area after 1 season of moderate use. Many others owners have reported similar issues in the reviews section of the CG website.

Agreed, exact same experience for me and my CG
Nov 26, 2018
352 posts
344 upvotes
SonyCanWoes wrote: That's a design choice due to the purpose the jacket was intended for?
i get it. just humorous that most who buy will be wearing it to drop off the kids or hang out in malls.
Jun 29, 2010
794 posts
1457 upvotes
konig1 wrote: i get it. just humorous that most who buy will be wearing it to drop off the kids or hang out in malls.
I've never seen anybody wear Ant/Arctic heavy duty jackets like the Resolute or Snow Mantra or Expedition to do things like "drop off the kids" or "hang out in malls". I've seen people wear the Expedition or its less warm and bulky cousin, the Citadel while being on the job that would require them be in the cold all day long, but 99% of people who wear CG for the things you describe are wearing jackets meant for casual winter use, like any other winter jacket from any other brand. CG employs a "Thermal Experience Index (TEI)" classification for temperature ratings, and most people wear TEI 3 or 4 for winter. They also make jackets that would be suited for Autumn weather. TEI 1 is 5C to -5C while TEI 5 is -30 and lower.

Just because they make TEI 5 jackets for extreme conditions doesn't mean that's all they make, and it's common for people on RFD to say it's "humourous" or "funny" or "overkill" for people to be wearing CG in an urban setting not realizing they're wearing jackets precisely intended for such use in such conditions. It's also common to think all people live in a city like Toronto when there are people living in much colder and harsher cities and areas in Canada that would require a warmer jacket in winter.
Jun 14, 2019
270 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
SonyCanWoes wrote: I've never seen anybody wear Ant/Arctic heavy duty jackets like the Resolute or Snow Mantra or Expedition to do things like "drop off the kids" or "hang out in malls".
I can recall atleast over a dozen times I seen Snow Mantras that are literally in pristine condition being worn at the mall. The only thing that makes me notice is usually it's 1-2 sizes to big for the individually so their entire arm is within the sleeves. Resolutes I found are pretty rare, maybe seen 2 or 3 over the years.
Jun 29, 2010
794 posts
1457 upvotes
YPfailsSW2 wrote: I can recall atleast over a dozen times I seen Snow Mantras that are literally in pristine condition being worn at the mall. The only thing that makes me notice is usually it's 1-2 sizes to big for the individually so their entire arm is within the sleeves. Resolutes I found are pretty rare, maybe seen 2 or 3 over the years.
If you're talking about malls in Toronto, then you should buy a lottery ticket. Snow Mantras are so rare, not just because of how cumbersome (and ugly) they are, but also because they're the warmest jacket CG makes, and prior to all the new items and price hikes making the likes of even the Chilliwack a $1200 jacket, this was their most expensive jacket, and aside from the Resolute, Expedition, and special items such as Loro Piana wool, by a large margin. You've seen "over a dozen", all "at the mall", all in "pristine condition", all "1-2 sizes too big", and presumably nobody passing out from overheating.

Either CG ran a "Snow Mantra" marketing campaign, you're seeing the same person each time, there was a "Snow Mantra" meet-up at the mall only for new owners wearing sizes too big for them (or very short arms), or you're experiencing some unusual luck.

I've seen the Expedition indoors a couple of times, and there's a high chance they're RFDers who got it (relatively) cheap from Costco and didn't want to buy a less warm CG for indoor use. Half joking here.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2006
1983 posts
410 upvotes
North York
totallybaked wrote: got lots to say, but I'll keep it short: I don't recommend this store.
Why is that? I bought from them recently and the product came quick and on point.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4555 posts
429 upvotes
I love my Canada Goose coat. What I didnt like ordering from NRML last time was that it took forever and they were so slow to respond.
Jul 16, 2021
7 posts
1 upvote
Anyone know of a parka that goes down to the knees or longer (on a 5'5" woman) that can handle -30 temps? CG has one, but if there's a cheaper brand that does the same thing, I'd love to know of its name.
Jun 12, 2009
916 posts
337 upvotes
iWizardx wrote: Anyone know of a parka that goes down to the knees or longer (on a 5'5" woman) that can handle -30 temps? CG has one, but if there's a cheaper brand that does the same thing, I'd love to know of its name.
Try Outdoor Survival Canada jackets. I had one, Atka model, and it was way too warm, I couldn't wear it above -10. Sold it to a guy going to work in NWT. I'm sure he loves it.
For women it's the same case, I'd assume. They do - or at least did - pack them up with down, unlike most CGs.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15360 posts
9891 upvotes
Toronto
iWizardx wrote: Anyone know of a parka that goes down to the knees or longer (on a 5'5" woman) that can handle -30 temps? CG has one, but if there's a cheaper brand that does the same thing, I'd love to know of its name.
Snow pants would be the best option if you're not willing to spend money on the coat. Wife loves her CG kensington.

But pricing today is nuts.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
4128 posts
1497 upvotes
BC
konig1 wrote: i get it. just humorous that most who buy will be wearing it to drop off the kids or hang out in malls.
The joke is on you for judging people....
Jul 16, 2021
7 posts
1 upvote
FastFret wrote: Try Outdoor Survival Canada jackets. I had one, Atka model, and it was way too warm, I couldn't wear it above -10. Sold it to a guy going to work in NWT. I'm sure he loves it.
For women it's the same case, I'd assume. They do - or at least did - pack them up with down, unlike most CGs.
Woah, I've never heard of this brand. Thank you so much!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)