Hot Deals

[NVIDIA Corporation] GeForce Now - Play your Steam/uPlay/Epic Games on the Cloud - Free or $6.49/Month (free 90 days trial)

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6123 posts
996 upvotes
Mississauga

[NVIDIA Corporation] GeForce Now - Play your Steam/uPlay/Epic Games on the Cloud - Free or $6.49/Month (free 90 days trial)

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
NVIDIA Corporation
More offers from NVIDIA Corporation
nvidia's GeForce Now Streaming service is now out of beta allowing anybody to stream their Steam, uPlay, epic games store, and battle.net library on their cloud servers to your PC, mac, or android device!

Link to client: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/download/

List of supported games: https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce-now/games/

Couple of plans available:
  • Free tier - 1 hour play sessions
  • Founders $6.49 CAD /Month - "priority access", 6 hour play sessions, RTX enabled, free 90-day trial

Last edited by Longobongo on Mar 21st, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.
302 replies
Nov 19, 2017
25 posts
37 upvotes
Why would anyone pay for this when steam has steam link which is free?
Jul 14, 2014
721 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto, ON
With the membership, are you able to stream your entire Steam library, even the games that weren't initially supported by Geforce Now ?
Feb 14, 2006
290 posts
221 upvotes
bilinz wrote: Why would anyone pay for this when steam has steam link which is free?
This plays from Nvidia's systems, not the one in your basement.

This is directly aimed at Microsoft's xcloud gaming service or Google's stradia IMO.
Last edited by Ruciz on Feb 4th, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6123 posts
996 upvotes
Mississauga
I tried it out when it was in beta and was pretty impressed when streaming resident evil 2. The biggest advantage I find over google stadia is that you have full access to your steam library from anywhere.

edit: just tried it now and yea capcom games aren't allowed to be run now, bummer :/
Last edited by Longobongo on Feb 4th, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5013 posts
1771 upvotes
Toronto
It’s dropped a lot of support from various publishers.

Beta was amazing in the beginning, but now GeForce Now has lost EA titles, Rockstar titles, and Capcom. There are a few more.

I think Nvidia felt the pressure to go public due to other clouds services being out now.

I was using the beta since 2017 and the promise of what it was and would be has really diminished.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2151 posts
610 upvotes
For anyone who hasn't tried this yet, it's basically renting a $3000 computer to play your games on remotely. Yes it lags a bit depending on how far you are from their servers. Yes you can play a lot of games but not quite every game.
Jun 1, 2016
889 posts
1060 upvotes
Have they finally started adding support for the Epic Launcher? I have so many free games on there too play but simply couldn't during the beta
$28 Phone Plan:
  • Unlimited Data (25gb LTE)
  • Unlimited Talk / Text
  • Unlimited Roaming in US / Canada / Mexico
  • eSIM (allows dual SIM)
Oct 11, 2014
265 posts
169 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
What kind of connection would you need to be able to play this smoothly?
Sep 5, 2007
171 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
Does this run on the firestick4k?
Mar 9, 2011
998 posts
1616 upvotes
Dumb questions but I am curious to know if the service only works for Nvidia shield devices and is the 1-hour stream unlimited? Like is it a limit per day for 1 hour or game?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1753 posts
462 upvotes
toronto
this on the switch would be nice. (homebrew aside). they should cut a deal since they're partners.
think first, buy later.
Jun 25, 2018
64 posts
104 upvotes
bilinz wrote: Why would anyone pay for this when steam has steam link which is free?
This is gaming through the cloud not through a second device linked to ur computer.
Nov 24, 2018
21 posts
22 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote: It’s dropped a lot of support from various publishers.

Beta was amazing in the beginning, but now GeForce Now has lost EA titles, Rockstar titles, and Capcom. There are a few more.

I think Nvidia felt the pressure to go public due to other clouds services being out now.

I was using the beta since 2017 and the promise of what it was and would be has really diminished.
Was wondering what happened to SF x Tekken. Sucks. :(
Nov 25, 2016
518 posts
375 upvotes
Burnaby
I'm interested if I can play dota on my laptop with onboard hd graphics without framing or lag.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)