Expired Hot Deals

Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti goes on sale $399 (USD), starting 6am PT 9am ET Wednesday Dec 2

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2020 11:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9100 posts
3955 upvotes
Toronto

Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti goes on sale $399 (USD), starting 6am PT 9am ET Wednesday Dec 2

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/1/2176 ... to-buy-gpu

"Nvidia’s $399 RTX 3060 Ti is available to purchase on Wednesday, December 2nd — and 6am PT / 9am ET is when it’ll go on sale, Nvidia confirms to The Verge. Like the RTX 3070, this card is a great option if you are looking to play PC games at a 1440p resolution. Also like the RTX 3070 and every other graphics card released this year, stock will likely not last long at most retailers, so you’ll want to be on the dot."

I'm super excited for this one. Waking up early. Who else is getting one?

Reviews are out, beats 2080 at half the price

Updated links:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/nv ... d/15166285
Last edited by ManCaveGamer on Dec 2nd, 2020 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
246 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3740 posts
2633 upvotes
Toronto
beats 2080 super. Probably will be another unobtainable card for months. Supply on gpus has been a joke lately.
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Feb 27, 2011
500 posts
1148 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Says you can get it from best buy USA, but no word on Canada?
Public Mobile, Zoomer and Telus EPP plans
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9100 posts
3955 upvotes
Toronto
fifi75 wrote: Says you can get it from best buy USA, but no word on Canada?
well you can in canada, but it's $10k lol
Dec 24, 2017
37 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wonder if they will have it @ bestbuy.ca @ 9 am online.. I aint lining up in the GTA for this.
Banned
Nov 11, 2020
6 posts
5 upvotes
Are we allowed to talk about scalping here or is it against the rules
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9100 posts
3955 upvotes
Toronto
I just hope I am not on the toilet when i get the notification for when this goes on sale, or else i'll end up like this and have the nvidia shits...
So it’s 3 AM. And I’m on the toilet taking a shit. I get a message from a guy I’ve been talking to that a card is in stock on Newegg (The X Trio, the one I’ve been wanting) so I quickly open up Newegg and try to order it. But the app crashes. I try again, crashes again. Ok try the website. Website won’t open, gonna take to long. Only one option left, go to computer. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Gotta go to my computer, no time to finish taking shit. Jump up and head to computer, start ordering process. But their I am, standing in front of my computer at 3AM, no pants on, my dick out, and shit in my ass. But hey, I got my order in and the card just arrived today. So things worked out. Good Luck everyone.

-Successful card buyer
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comment ... _rtx_3080/
robotcop69 wrote: Are we allowed to talk about scalping here or is it against the rules
dunno about you but i'm getting one for myself, fuk the scalpers
Dec 20, 2019
416 posts
1125 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
In all honesty, most of us are probably going to have to wait until quarter 1 or 2 next year to have any real chance of grabbing one of these cards at a non scalped price, and I refuse to support such a market; Not about the money but more the principal.
Last edited by Patrickpete on Dec 2nd, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 1, 2016
56 posts
39 upvotes
Which place is best to try getting one tomorrow morning are we feeling?

Guessing BB Canada won't be launching tomorrow morning? So does that leave BB USA, EVGA and B&H.

Any tips to share on what one could try to beat the scalpers?
Jul 26, 2011
450 posts
45 upvotes
Is there resale value on my Asus dual 2080? Thats the only thing that would justify upgrading is if I can sell this
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9100 posts
3955 upvotes
Toronto
idk about ya'll but this is the only 3xxx card that i can afford
onceuponaderek wrote: Which place is best to try getting one tomorrow morning are we feeling?

Guessing BB Canada won't be launching tomorrow morning? So does that leave BB USA, EVGA and B&H.

Any tips to share on what one could try to beat the scalpers?
I really miss NCIX :(

for the EVGA one, the pre-order for that is basically to sign up to notify by email, and they use a queue system
Sep 27, 2008
780 posts
531 upvotes
CoolDudeClan wrote: beats 2080 super. Probably will be another unobtainable card for months. Supply on gpus has been a joke lately.
So get it right at launch. I was able to get a 3080 FE back when Nvidia was still selling them on their website. I know the stock situation is frustrating but it is possible to get these cards if you either buy right at launch or have a bot/discord constantly checking and notifying you when they go in stock.

Unlike the AMD 3900X.... (I have one on order through B&H and there's been basically no movement)
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2004
1212 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
The bots are gonna love this card.
Dec 20, 2019
416 posts
1125 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
BlackMamba08 wrote: Is there resale value on my Asus dual 2080? Thats the only thing that would justify upgrading is if I can sell this
I don't get that question. When everything electronic, especially in the video card / computer market, is selling beyond normal market price, why would you think otherwise? One second on face book market place, and I can already see that they go around for at least $900 used. If I were you personally, I'd get rid of that asap because once stock stabilizes on the newer cards, I can't imagine the older used ones holding on to their market value.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4026 posts
3451 upvotes
Richmond Hill
BlackMamba08 wrote: Is there resale value on my Asus dual 2080? Thats the only thing that would justify upgrading is if I can sell this
Worth around $600-ish (assuming it's not Super/Ti).
Nov 25, 2018
136 posts
91 upvotes
i like my 1080ti, but part of me wants to ATTEMPT to get one at launch...i didnt wanna spend the money but fuk it , i prob wont be able to snag once anyways