• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2019 6:42 am
[OP]
Sep 13, 2011
53 posts
54 upvotes
THORNHILL

[Amazon Canada] Nvidia shield with remote Amazon Warehouse "Used" Warm $180.89

Amazon warehouse has some "used" Nvidia Shields for sale. Currently 18 in stock. Deal is Warm at best but if you are in the market for one it's still saving you about $50.

They are generally just returns so if you don't mind an open box might as well save some money.
Thread Summary
This is the thread summary. Feel free to insert concise key information, updates and links to relevant posts/websites/etc. Any member can edit this post.
251 replies
Nov 17, 2002
284 posts
71 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Thanks - will take my chance and hope I get a working unit.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1134 posts
674 upvotes
Nepean
I've had nothing but great experiences with Amazon warehouse deals. Pretty much everything I bought was brand new or like new even if it said used good
Jan 8, 2007
476 posts
126 upvotes
Edmonton
When I bought my Shield I didn't get the one with the larger remote. Is there somewhere you can purchase just the larger remote? At a reasonable price no less?
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bible's to the fiction section.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1063 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is it still eligible for manufacturer warranty
Apr 13, 2005
200 posts
25 upvotes
letmesee wrote:
May 21st, 2019 5:48 am
Is it still eligible for manufacturer warranty
Yes, it is. I had remote issues and contacted nvidia, went through replacement process with no issues.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18775 posts
5487 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
They were new from newegg for about or less than this last year.

That and it is very likely a new shield model is coming out soon.
Jun 20, 2010
944 posts
582 upvotes
Undoubtedly, there's still plenty of life for this device. But at this stage, IMO this should only cost $140 max.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15808 posts
8105 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Heythumb88 wrote:
May 21st, 2019 1:18 am
I've had nothing but great experiences with Amazon warehouse deals. Pretty much everything I bought was brand new or like new even if it said used good
My experience as well.

People should keep in mind that Amazon doesn't do PMs. If the price drops and people ask for a PM, Amazon recommends they return the original box and order it again at the lower price. If the box is open (seal is broken) then Amazon has to resell it through their Warehouse as "used." That probably accounts for the majority of items in the Warehouse.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15808 posts
8105 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
BinaryJay wrote:
May 21st, 2019 7:36 am
They were. And if you bought one at that time, then this deal isn't for you. Or you could wait until next BF or BD to see if you get lucky.
People have been saying that for years. Yet the original model continues to work well despite the passage of time. It's still the best media player by far. Unless some new technology arrives that the current hardware can't support NVIDIA has little reason to come out with a new Shield model.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
6601 posts
1439 upvotes
ya, u'd think there would be a better and faster android tv box to come out and beat this king! this thing is like 3 years old at least?
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Oct 26, 2012
531 posts
711 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote:
May 21st, 2019 7:36 am

The leaks regarding a new model is only a refresh for the remote and controller - the actual unit is going to remain the same
Mar 9, 2011
603 posts
895 upvotes
Heythumb88 wrote:
May 21st, 2019 1:18 am
I find that if the item is in like new condition then it will always be a good experience. But I have ordered items before in good or very good condition only to find them in the not greatest condition. At the end of the day, you still get the Amazon 30-day return policy, which helps to eliminate the risk.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2783 posts
915 upvotes
Scarborough
I noticed the FireStick TV Remote looks similar to the one of the Shield, will it work on the shield though? I recently misplaced mine and figured buying a cheaper alternative although my Smart TV remote works with the shield I don't find it the same usefulness as the actual remote.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)