• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2019 9:58 pm
[OP]
Sep 13, 2011
109 posts
163 upvotes
THORNHILL

[Amazon.ca] Nvidia shield with remote Amazon Warehouse "Used" Warm $180.89

Amazon warehouse has some "used" Nvidia Shields for sale. Currently 18 in stock. Deal is Warm at best but if you are in the market for one it's still saving you about $50.

They are generally just returns so if you don't mind an open box might as well save some money.
Thread Summary
This is the thread summary. Feel free to insert concise key information, updates and links to relevant posts/websites/etc. Any member can edit this post.
252 replies
Nov 17, 2002
327 posts
203 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Thanks - will take my chance and hope I get a working unit.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1337 posts
1026 upvotes
Gatineau
I've had nothing but great experiences with Amazon warehouse deals. Pretty much everything I bought was brand new or like new even if it said used good
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Jan 8, 2007
557 posts
198 upvotes
Edmonton
When I bought my Shield I didn't get the one with the larger remote. Is there somewhere you can purchase just the larger remote? At a reasonable price no less?
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1214 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is it still eligible for manufacturer warranty
Apr 13, 2005
221 posts
39 upvotes
letmesee wrote: Is it still eligible for manufacturer warranty
Yes, it is. I had remote issues and contacted nvidia, went through replacement process with no issues.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19535 posts
6764 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
They were new from newegg for about or less than this last year.

That and it is very likely a new shield model is coming out soon.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1237 posts
1321 upvotes
Undoubtedly, there's still plenty of life for this device. But at this stage, IMO this should only cost $140 max.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21710 posts
15905 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Heythumb88 wrote: I've had nothing but great experiences with Amazon warehouse deals. Pretty much everything I bought was brand new or like new even if it said used good
My experience as well.

People should keep in mind that Amazon doesn't do PMs. If the price drops and people ask for a PM, Amazon recommends they return the original box and order it again at the lower price. If the box is open (seal is broken) then Amazon has to resell it through their Warehouse as "used." That probably accounts for the majority of items in the Warehouse.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21710 posts
15905 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
BinaryJay wrote: They were new from newegg for about or less than this last year.
They were. And if you bought one at that time, then this deal isn't for you. Or you could wait until next BF or BD to see if you get lucky.
People have been saying that for years. Yet the original model continues to work well despite the passage of time. It's still the best media player by far. Unless some new technology arrives that the current hardware can't support NVIDIA has little reason to come out with a new Shield model.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13633 posts
3752 upvotes
Scarberia
ya, u'd think there would be a better and faster android tv box to come out and beat this king! this thing is like 3 years old at least?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Oct 26, 2012
918 posts
1326 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: They were new from newegg for about or less than this last year.

The leaks regarding a new model is only a refresh for the remote and controller - the actual unit is going to remain the same
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1436 posts
2836 upvotes
Heythumb88 wrote: I've had nothing but great experiences with Amazon warehouse deals. Pretty much everything I bought was brand new or like new even if it said used good
I find that if the item is in like new condition then it will always be a good experience. But I have ordered items before in good or very good condition only to find them in the not greatest condition. At the end of the day, you still get the Amazon 30-day return policy, which helps to eliminate the risk.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3689 posts
1532 upvotes
Scarborough
I noticed the FireStick TV Remote looks similar to the one of the Shield, will it work on the shield though? I recently misplaced mine and figured buying a cheaper alternative although my Smart TV remote works with the shield I don't find it the same usefulness as the actual remote.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2793 upvotes
Washington, DC
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21710 posts
15905 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
OrangeBerry wrote: I noticed the FireStick TV Remote looks similar to the one of the Shield, will it work on the shield though?
I bought Amazon's remote for the 4K Firestick when it went on sale for $20 around Christmas. I much prefer it to the remote that comes with the Shield. (Hate that touch slider that keeps changing volume whenever I pick up the Shield remote.) The only Shield function it doesn't support is the microphone. Everything else works as good as or better than the Shield's remote. If you don't talk to your devices (and expect them to respond) then I highly recommend the Amazon remote.

All-New Alexa Voice Remote with Power and Volume Controls [ignore the "Alexa Voice" and "requires compatible Fire TV device" in the title.]
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1088 posts
471 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Another bonus of buying a used unit is the fact that they don't wipe the previous users information very well....free Netflix!!

I have bought two units through Amazon warehouse and both have had Netflix logins still available. Remember this if you ever return a unit.
#melnykout
Mar 23, 2017
410 posts
278 upvotes
Canada
I still have one (Brand new in sealed box) if someone wants to purchase it for 200. I got it from Amazon back in November when they had a deal going on. I got one for my brother and one for myself. My brother does not need it so it is laying eggs on my desk. I am located in Cambridge Ontario.
Jul 25, 2010
444 posts
160 upvotes
Thanks op, I mainly want to run files off USB on Kodi and decided to just go for it as the MiBox has trouble doing so.

Bought the shield with controller used, and what the heck it came with a steelseries nimbus controller in the packaging Smiling Face With Open Mouth. Lucky bonus from Amazon Warehouse!