Amazon.ca

Nvidia shield with remote Amazon Warehouse "Used" Warm $180.89

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2019 9:58 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23398 posts
29101 upvotes
I was thinking of creating a thread about this... and here we are.

Your local mom and pop computer place usually has a team (one pot smoking kid) dedicated to loading and remotely updating IPTV streams in exchange for $15-ish dollars per month.. So if you want 'desirable channels', they will load the necessary software on your Nvidia Shield (a god send). It's exactly what you think it is, and it's usually amazing.

That being said, there are ways to get this service for free, but I understand it's more labor intensive.
Nov 8, 2007
613 posts
338 upvotes
As reported condition was 97-98%. Only some micro-scratches on the glossy part on top. You can only see it in direct light at just the right angle. The box was kinda rough if you care about that.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23398 posts
29101 upvotes
You folks are forcing me to make a decision on purchase on the credible threat of stock out.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4838 posts
3321 upvotes
Vancouver
Amazing how after so long, shield is still the best box. This is a pretty good deal since it was $200 for new during BF/BD last year. Shield durability has being proven more or less by the fact its still going strong for most after 4+ years so used vs new shouldn't matter too much.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23398 posts
29101 upvotes
SALES

Nvidia Shield with Remote

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=used

I bought one of the two at $176.09. OOS @ $176.09.

Multiple units remaining @ $181.95.

1 unit @ $185.87 (Like New).

Nvidia Shield with Remote & Controller

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B01N1NT9Y6

78 units @ $205.80 (AW - Very Good).

>> NVIDIA Shield RFD Discussion <<

>> NVIDIA Shield Best Controller Accessories <<
(NVIDIA Shield natively supports bluetooth Xbox and PS4 controllers)

FEATURES: OFFICIAL & UNOFFICIAL

Emulation on the Nvidia Shield in 2019

redflagdealsguy wrote: GeforeNow fascinates me too. Long story short, I like the Nvidia Shield... I'm also inclined to turn it into an emulator as I'm told it can emulate right up to PS2 / Gamecube.

While it's overkill for IPTV, I also don't like delay in my life, and the Shield is highly responsive.

In summary:
- GeForceNow
- Fast IPTV
- Best Android Emulator Box
- Smart Home Box [ADDED]

Can't go wrong folks.
Nvidia Shield GeForce Now Gaming @ 4K60

The video is from June 2018, GeForce Now is even better in 2019.
redflagdealsguy wrote: The Nvidia Shield is compatible with third party bluetooth controllers and 8bitdo.
https://www.smarthomebeginner.com/best- ... r-options/
bylo wrote: The Shield has been available for 4 years now with only minor hardware changes. Yet it remains the premier media player set-top box. Even today, there's no real competition.

NVIDIA has been updating the software regularly too, throughout that period, with substantial functional improvements and Android 8.0 Oreo. Today's Shield is as "current" as any new box from someone else.

Basically a Shield today is still as competitive as it was 4 years ago. There's no urgency for NVIDIA to make substantial hardware upgrades. Software/firmware updates continue. So why wait for who knows how long if you need one today?
bylo wrote: Amazon Warehouse items are returns, i.e. open-box. A lot got returned in late 2018 when there were sales, discounts, PM opportunities, etc. with other retailers like Best Buy. Amazon doesn't do PMs or price protection so many peopel returned their new Shields to Amazon for refund at regular price then bought new ones at lower prices. I imagine that accounts for a lot of Amazon's warehouse stock. Besides anything you buy on AW can be returned if it doesn't work, is missing parts, physically damaged, etc.
redflagdealsguy wrote: I haven't done a good job summarizing the full functionality of this device:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/?nc ... jl28-45653

Nvidia Shield now integrates with home smart devices using Smart Things and Google Assistant, it's truly an all-encompassing device. Nvidia just keeps upgrading this thing.

TIPS & TRICKS
alltechinside wrote: From my memory, the Nvidia Shield TV [natively] supports both Xbox One and PS4 controllers

EDIT: Instructions here
USER EXPERIENCES & DISCUSSION
DeNovo2011 wrote: Amazing box, own 2 and it does not skip a beat. If I had the money I'd replace all of my MiBoxes with them just for performance alone. My first box from 2015 is still running perfectly and my 2nd box from 2017 has no issues.

Emulator wise I have it set up running everything up to Gamecube. Just haven't found the stability yet for Gamecube roms. Otherwise everything else is smooth. Have a 128gb usb and it just runs all games off it.

I use it a lot for IPTV and it's miles my miboxes for stability and speed.
redflagdealsguy wrote: I created a thread to discuss the Best IPTV Apps.

No discussion of IPTV sources.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Jun 9th, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7481 posts
8644 upvotes
What do these retail for regularly, $230?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23398 posts
29101 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: What's so good about the shield that it goes for over $200?
It remains best of show, even in 2019.

I needed a box, and wanted a good one.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6912 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
Gtaphotog wrote: What's so good about the shield that it goes for over $200?
at least twice as good as the $100 ones, 4 times as good as the $50 ones and 10 times as good as the $20 ones.
Feb 19, 2018
400 posts
404 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Will there be a new shield this year?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23398 posts
29101 upvotes
grosbmi wrote: Will there be a new shield this year?
Probably Late 2019, the previous one dropped Late 2017.
konsensei wrote: at least twice as good as the $100 ones, 4 times as good as the $50 ones and 10 times as good as the $20 ones.
You put a smile on my face. You can't put a price on that.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23398 posts
29101 upvotes
Curious. Does no one care about the GeforceNow option? It seems like a very convenient solution to couch gaming on a TV, for anything but semi-competitive FPS games. You can even attach a keyboard and mouse.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18922 posts
5502 upvotes
Scarberia
overkill for IPTV.netflix,youtube,etc! i have the controller version but don't even game or use it! i use it every day tho cuz its voice control via google mini and logitech harmony hub! 'hey google, power on the shield tv!' This launches my iptv to last channel u watched , i had it working with alexa and alberto sonos skills but its wonky now ...'alexa, IPTV' will turn on my iptv sub last channel

firestick 4k is alot cheaper but less options then the shield and slower with less ROM 8gb only so u cannot install alot of apps like on the shield
77335645-129A-46D2-8F20-EEFF18FD0509.jpeg
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23398 posts
29101 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: overkill for IPTV.netflix,youtube,etc! i have the controller version but don't even game or use it! i use it every day tho cuz its voice control via google mini and logitech harmony hub! 'hey google, power on the shield tv!' This launches my iptv to last channel u watched , i had it working with alexa and alberto sonos skills but its wonky now ...'alexa, IPTV' will turn on my iptv sub last channel

firestick 4k is alot cheaper but less options then the shield and slower with less ROM 8gb only so u cannot install alot of apps like on the shield

77335645-129A-46D2-8F20-EEFF18FD0509.jpeg
I get that, but I want a long lasting reliable box, and GeforeNow fascinates me too. Long story short, I like the Nvidia Shield... I'm also inclined to turn it into an emulator as I'm told it can emulate right up to PS2 / Gamecube.

While it's overkill for IPTV, I also don't like delay in my life, and the Shield is highly responsive.

In summary:
- GeForceNow
- Fast IPTV
- Best Android Emulator Box

Can't go wrong folks.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
3889 posts
3980 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
It's used though? Be a good deal if it was new..

Very happy with my Apple TV (Infuse + NAS = great experience) but i definitely see the appeal of Nvidia shield. I'm just hoping Apple allows atmos for video files before i upgrade my system to atmos in the next year or two, otherwise i'll be shopping for a Shield haha.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25296 posts
21808 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
grosbmi wrote: Will there be a new shield this year?
The Shield has been available for 4 years now with only minor hardware changes. Yet it remains the premier media player set-top box. Even today, there's no real competition.

NVIDIA has been updating the software regularly too, throughout that period, with substantial functional improvements and Android 8.0 Oreo. Today's Shield is as "current" as any new box from someone else.

Basically a Shield today is still as competitive as it was 4 years ago. There's no urgency for NVIDIA to make substantial hardware upgrades. Software/firmware updates continue. So why wait for who knows how long if you need one today?
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2430 posts
2103 upvotes
Vancouver
konsensei wrote: at least twice as good as the $100 ones, 4 times as good as the $50 ones and 10 times as good as the $20 ones.
For 4k, yes. And the Geforce Now gaming side can be a blast too.

But my shield blows my amazon firestick 4k out of the water for 4k plex streaming at original bitrate.