Nvidia shield with remote Amazon Warehouse "Used" Warm $180.89

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2019 9:58 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25299 posts
21816 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Ecsta wrote: It's used though? Be a good deal if it was new..
Amazon Warehouse items are returns, i.e. open-box. A lot got returned in late 2018 and early 2019 when there were sales, discounts, PM opportunities, etc. with other retailers like Best Buy. Amazon doesn't do PMs or price protection so many people returned their new Shields to Amazon for refund at regular price then bought new ones at lower prices. I imagine that accounts for a lot of Amazon's warehouse stock. Besides anything you buy on AW can be returned if it doesn't work, is missing parts, physically damaged, etc.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23415 posts
29154 upvotes
Truthfully, if you didn't own an emulator box, a console, an IPTV box, an HTPC, or a gaming PC... this could theoretically cover you in all instances (outside of highly 'competitive' gaming).

For now, GeForce Now remains completely free too.
Nov 3, 2013
154 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Awesome find I've been wanting to upgrade to a shield for ages purchased :)
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
22651 posts
7854 upvotes
Bought over a year ago and barely used it since. Tried a couple games but went back to my PS4 Pro and Xbox X. Moving along to the PSVR now so the Shield will get even less use for games. Nice to use for IPTV but overkill for that. Waiting to see what would be in a new unit...

Thanks though...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5821 upvotes
Burlington
DougO wrote: Bought over a year ago and barely used it since. Tried a couple games but went back to my PS4 Pro and Xbox X. Moving along to the PSVR now so the Shield will get even less use for games. Nice to use for IPTV but overkill for that. Waiting to see what would be in a new unit...

Thanks though...
i don't think people use this as a gaming console to replace ps4 or xbox.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2003
1344 posts
543 upvotes
at this point - im holding out for the new version (that hopefully supports Dolby Vision)
Nov 8, 2013
548 posts
360 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: overkill for IPTV.netflix,youtube,etc! i have the controller version but don't even game or use it! i use it every day tho cuz its voice control via google mini and logitech harmony hub! 'hey google, power on the shield tv!' This launches my iptv to last channel u watched , i had it working with alexa and alberto sonos skills but its wonky now ...'alexa, IPTV' will turn on my iptv sub last channel

firestick 4k is alot cheaper but less options then the shield and slower with less ROM 8gb only so u cannot install alot of apps like on the shield

77335645-129A-46D2-8F20-EEFF18FD0509.jpeg

Which iptv service you using? Any tutorial how to set it up?
Nov 17, 2002
332 posts
234 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I bought one of these and it came with the old owner's credentials still installed for youtube, netflix, and prime video. Make sure you wipe your devices before sending anything back! It looked like it was a old return from the US since the remote firmware version was still 1.0 and it was registered to someone on AOL. I also had to pay 6 dollars to replace the button batteries in the remote as they had died from not being used for so long (factor this into the cost too!).

And yes, I did wipe it since I wanted to use my own accounts Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Oct 2, 2013
446 posts
401 upvotes
BRAMPTON
redflagdealsguy wrote: I get that, but I want a long lasting reliable box, and GeforeNow fascinates me too. Long story short, I like the Nvidia Shield... I'm also inclined to turn it into an emulator as I'm told it can emulate right up to PS2 / Gamecube.

While it's overkill for IPTV, I also don't like delay in my life, and the Shield is highly responsive.

In summary:
- GeForceNow
- Fast IPTV
- Best Android Emulator Box

Can't go wrong folks.
Amazing box, own 2 and it does not skip a beat. If I had the money I'd replace all of my MiBoxes with them just for performance alone. My first box from 2015 is still running perfectly and my 2nd box from 2017 has no issues.

Emulator wise I have it set up running everything up to Gamecube. Just haven't found the stability yet for Gamecube roms. Otherwise everything else is smooth. Have a 128gb usb and it just runs all games off it.

I use it a lot for IPTV and it's miles my miboxes for stability and speed.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1373 posts
712 upvotes
Near GTA
This is not the best IPTV box - awful thing to say in the title and downvoted for misleading people that way. This device was not specifically designed for IPTV! Don’t get me wrong, the Shield is great and will play IPTV well...but if you want the best IPTV experience, it’s an STB box with native software. Want to game and do all that other stuff? Shield for sure, but it’s not the best for IPTV
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23415 posts
29154 upvotes
chrischris84 wrote: This is not the best IPTV box - awful thing to say in the title and downvoted for misleading people that way. This device was not specifically designed for IPTV! Don’t get me wrong, the Shield is great and will play IPTV well...but if you want the best IPTV experience, it’s an STB box with native software. Want to game and do all that other stuff? Shield for sure, but it’s not the best for IPTV
My brother and parents have had two IPTV 'reputable' box fail or fritz in the last two years. My brother now runs solely on the Nvidia Shield, and it's rock solid. I still think that with the right software the tremendous horsepower behind this device ensures an enjoyable viewing experience.

So in my opinion, it remains the best total value proposition, even for IPTV. Dedicated boxes may be easier out of the box, but with configuration the Shield is just as good if not better.

Price is a deciding factor for many though, that I get.

I've updated the title to say 'Fast IPTV box', which is unquestionably true.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1893 posts
2662 upvotes
chrischris84 wrote: This is not the best IPTV box - awful thing to say in the title and downvoted for misleading people that way. This device was not specifically designed for IPTV! Don’t get me wrong, the Shield is great and will play IPTV well...but if you want the best IPTV experience, it’s an STB box with native software. Want to game and do all that other stuff? Shield for sure, but it’s not the best for IPTV
So what is then? You chime in, even saying you're going to downvote and then add absolutely nothing to the conversation.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2009 posts
461 upvotes
Toronto
Ecsta wrote: It's used though? Be a good deal if it was new..

Very happy with my Apple TV (Infuse + NAS = great experience) but i definitely see the appeal of Nvidia shield. I'm just hoping Apple allows atmos for video files before i upgrade my system to atmos in the next year or two, otherwise i'll be shopping for a Shield haha.
The Apple TV 4K and Shield are by far the best media players around. The FireStick 4K comes next, but is still quite a bit less capable. The Shield has built in Chromecast which is nice, gigabit ethernet, excellent Netflix, Fibe TV, no Crave, Kodi, proprietary iptv addons, etc... It has the old version of Hulu, compared to the Apple TV and Fire TV. It is really out of date, if Hulu matters. Supports multiple Play accounts. Great player though the Apple TV is as good, especially for Canada.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1373 posts
712 upvotes
Near GTA
@redflagdealsguy cheers mate Fisted Hand Sign switched my vote. There were a lot of returns and dissatisfied people on the $180 sale last year, because of buying just for IPTV.

That being said, I was just playing around with kodi respositories and saw the formular MyTVOnline app included! Not sure if that’s new, or I’ve just been off kodi too long, but having access to native STB software does make up some of the gap. It’s still not wife/young kid proof IMO when dealing with android/kodi/apps/etc, and that’s where native STBs are a full proof option
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2009
1017 posts
763 upvotes
Calgary
Never have bought 'used' hardware on amazon before - how used is used? If its too 'used' can we still return?
no sig
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2009 posts
461 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a warranty with these units sold by Amazon in Like New condition?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23415 posts
29154 upvotes
ben35 wrote: Never have bought 'used' hardware on amazon before - how used is used? If its too 'used' can we still return?
Open Box return which they resell with 30 day free return through Amazon.ca.

Reasons for return such as defective or incompatible product will result in a free return shipping label. They don't verify claimed reasons for return.
Jul 19, 2005
916 posts
531 upvotes
Mississauga
ben35 wrote: Never have bought 'used' hardware on amazon before - how used is used? If its too 'used' can we still return?
Bought my Shield in Used condition on Amazon. Something's wrong the remote (common issue) and contacted Nvidia directly, they asked for a copy of the invoice, and replaced the remote no problem.

(when the Fire TV remote goes on sale, get it for the Shield. So much better)

But for your question "how used it used", Amazon usually states the condition (like new, cosmetic issues, etc) so you can decide. If you are not happy with it you can return it within the return period.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1373 posts
712 upvotes
Near GTA
User381785 wrote: So what is then? You chime in, even saying you're going to downvote and then add absolutely nothing to the conversation.
Formuler/less so MAG now with the blocking. It’s about natively running IPTV and that’s huge if IPTV is the focus. Give a shield/android/app style box to a grandparent/parent/wife/young child and you’ll know what I mean. Until you get into wanting to do other stuff, these IPTV specifically designed boxes/controllers are the best way to go. Want to do more than just IPTV? Yes, you’re much better off with the shield. The shield is epically Flexed Biceps for all that other stuff
Last edited by chrischris84 on Jun 3rd, 2019 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)