Expired Hot Deals

[NY Times] NY Times Digital Access 1yr Subscription (HOT 60% OFF)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2016 8:12 am
[OP]
Oct 12, 2005
277 posts
53 upvotes
Edmonton

NY Times Digital Access 1yr Subscription (HOT 60% OFF)

Deal Link:
Savings:
60% off
Retailer:
NY Times
60% Off for 1 yr digital access subscription to the New York Times - Basic $2/wk CAD, All Access $3.20/wk CAD, and All Access Plus $4.40/wk CAD. The All Access Plus has a bonus of 2 complimentary All Access Plus; so if 3 people share the All Access Plus works out to $1.47/wk.

NYTimes Subscription Details

NY Times main page
12 replies
Dec 25, 2006
218 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
60% off is a pretty standard deal from NYT. Wouldn't call it "hot".

I got a deal of $1 CAD+tax/week about 6 months ago through a student offer. I think that's pretty hot. ;-) Doesn't include Times Insider or Crossword (tbh, I really like the crosswords so if you can share the cost with 2 other friends it might make sense to get the All Access Plus for a little more).

Edit: still available
http://www.nytimes.com/subscriptions/ed ... gnId=4W8HR
Just use your address in Canada and it goes from $1/USD to $1/CAD.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2005
277 posts
53 upvotes
Edmonton
dojon wrote:
Nov 27th, 2016 1:05 am
60% off is a pretty standard deal from NYT. Wouldn't call it "hot".

I got a deal of $1 CAD+tax/week about 6 months ago through a student offer. I think that's pretty hot. ;-) Doesn't include Times Insider or Crossword (tbh, I really like the crosswords so if you can share the cost with 2 other friends it might make sense to get the All Access Plus for a little more).

Edit: still available
http://www.nytimes.com/subscriptions/ed ... gnId=4W8HR

dojon, Thank you for the link. But most of us are not students and I believe they do need some confirmation of student status - when my son was a subscriber under his UofA student status they needed his ID number.

Just use your address in Canada and it goes from $1/USD to $1/CAD.
Dec 23, 2015
135 posts
65 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Didn't look at the link that was posted, but if it says .edu address needed I signed up (it was like $10 a month initially) then called customer service and they changed my email to my student email of '.on.ca' . The rep found the $1/a week subscription and credited my account the initial payment (so ~10 weeks, no additional charge).

This was about 3-4 days ago.
Dec 25, 2006
218 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
bubba67 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2016 1:15 am
dojon, Thank you for the link. But most of us are not students and I believe they do need some confirmation of student status - when my son was a subscriber under his UofA student status they needed his ID number.
True, I think you need a University email to sign up so it's not for everyone but if you don't need crosswords, Times Insider and are a student its the best deal around. :)
Dec 22, 2014
241 posts
99 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Wouldn't even subscribe if the failing New York Times paid me.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2178 posts
593 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Who read this kind of tabloid junk anyways.
[solicitation removed]
May 28, 2009
683 posts
215 upvotes
Nelson BC
The NY Times is no tabloid, but I will never forgive their involvement with the Iraq invasion.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
16437 posts
8776 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
[NY Times] NY Times Digital Access lifetime Subscription (Blazing red HOT 100% OFF)

1. Browse in Incognito/Private mode.
2. When 10 free pages expire, close/reopen in Incognito/Private.
3. Rinse and repeat.
4. Profit!
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 18, 2016
166 posts
94 upvotes
UnitG2 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2016 6:58 am
The NY Times is no tabloid, but I will never forgive their involvement with the Iraq invasion.
lol not a "tabloid" but a sorry excuse for a "news"paper.

they **** sanders so far up the ass this election cycle, even having higher up's go and edit op eds / columns that painted stuff he did in the past in a positive light.

May 11, 2015
231 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
60% of the time their news is wrong, so what your actually getting here is properly priced news.