Ongoing Deal Discussion

[NYaddress.ca] US (NY) address $2.95/package (Niagara Falls/Buffalo)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 3:09 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1273 posts
183 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm in the same boat, I was expecting a couple packages today also. WTF did everyone get this. I also sent my Signature and he replied with " That's not a signature " . I don't get it. The form asks for 2 pieces of ID is that our ID or the agent? Hell no I'm sending my 2 pieces of ID, Is there any way around this?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1210 posts
523 upvotes
Hamilton
I aslo got the email:
"Dear xxxxxxma,

United States Postal Service Requires that we have a signature on file confirming we can accept packages on your behalf. United States Postal Services has said they will not deliver your packages until we have your signature on file. We need every customer to take a picture of their signature and email it back to us asap. we also need your correct first and last name. please reply to this message with the information. "

Then a second note with some attachments to fill out. It looks it's United States Postal Services specific.
I haven't used their services since CAD parity turned south and pathological liar elected as POTUS by electoral college votes. Hmmm...
Dec 16, 2010
514 posts
103 upvotes
I sent my signature, I did not receive a response.

I did receive a 2nd email asking to fill out a form which asks for pieces of ID. I'm not sure I want to do that.
Jun 7, 2007
651 posts
220 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Did you guys photocopy 2 pieces of ID? It sounds a bit too insecure to send it through email.
Dec 16, 2010
514 posts
103 upvotes
I'm not. I have a feeling they won't care and that USPS will assume they (NYADDRESS) verified the information when they got it.

I will fill out the form, submit it and hope for the best.
May 16, 2007
961 posts
538 upvotes
Ya if they want ID I will present them with ID when I go pickup. I'm not emailing my ID.
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
11951 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
can someone update us if they are expecting a package soon?
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure

3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4628 posts
1493 upvotes
Toronto
I'm expecting one today but they were closed so it was attempted but not accepted.

I also have another one coming in Saturday and than also on Monday.

Anyone going down this weekend?
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
11951 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
rebel_rfd wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 3:09 pm
I'm expecting one today but they were closed so it was attempted but not accepted.

I also have another one coming in Saturday and than also on Monday.

Anyone going down this weekend?
how it go? did you send them your signature or fill the forms?
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure

3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4628 posts
1493 upvotes
Toronto
Aznkid2000 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 5:01 pm
how it go? did you send them your signature or fill the forms?
Nope, didn't send it, USPS packages still received and picked up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1210 posts
523 upvotes
Hamilton
NEW office hours:

Starting Sunday July 15 our new hours of operation are: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10-7. Sunday 12-5. We will be closed Tuesday.
Jan 27, 2007
249 posts
18 upvotes
no mans land
How long do packages take to be registered into their system? I had a package arrive Friday but still no notice.
May 16, 2007
961 posts
538 upvotes
I had one show up last week and it took a day or two.

My first pickup went well also. I was thinking furniture store like actually there that also held packages...not a former furniture store lol
Jan 27, 2007
249 posts
18 upvotes
no mans land
I would rate them 3/5. This was my first time using a service like this.

I placed 2 orders and the seller sent 4 packages, doubling my storage fees. It took 1, 2, 7, and 7 days for the items to be registered in nyaddress.ca's system. I didn't get an email notification from nyaddress.ca for one of the packages but it shows up on their website but did for the other 3.

No email contact provided on their website. No success in giving them a call. Once your package is registered on their website, you can select ready for pickup (with no further explanation of what that means). After selecting ready for pick it says you have 2 days to pick otherwise additional charges may apply. We did this unknowingly and no additional charges were applied even though we were a few days past the 2 day window.

Their store/warehouse is hot with standalone air-conditioning units blowing hot air into the back room. Waiting area isn't pretty and some people's large packages are sitting near by. You need to enter your suite number and email address in the computer provided and the guy will go looking for your items. $3 per package. I let him know one of my packages had arrived but still wasn't registered and he said he can't do anything about that (which is understandable).

Overall I haven't written them off but will use other services (like CBI $6 and American Mailbox $4) before deciding on one I like.
Jul 20, 2014
33 posts
3 upvotes
Markham, ON
Hey guys question, I want to cancel the option to pick up the parcels as I made other plans but its not giving me an option to select the items to cancel the pick up . It stated there can be fees if I don't pick it up within 2 days. Is there any way of cancelling the pickup as my friend wont be going there till later next month.