Ongoing Deal Discussion

[NYaddress.ca] US (NY) address $2.95/package (Niagara Falls/Buffalo)

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2019 4:19 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1673 posts
1247 upvotes
Toronto
cyberspyder wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 2:35 pm
Possible the suite number wasn't added.
it had to be there because all these packages were ordered from the same website with the same address on the profile.

Just human error on NYAddress's part.

Edit: just got an email saying they "received" a package.

Looks like 1/2 have been found.
Dec 1, 2013
410 posts
163 upvotes
So was the thing where you had to fill out the USPS form unnecessary?
Feb 8, 2013
4 posts
2 upvotes
Sainte-Catherine
Wow, I should have read more comments here before shipping 2 package there.
How is thier scanning speed during holidays seasons? One has been delivered for a week and still not in the system. The other one is on the way.

They suppose to be Christmas gift... Maybe I should keep my fingers crossed that they will arrive in time for Valentine’s if they didn’t get lost after delivered there Confused Face
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1567 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone ever see a signature by: RGABRIELLE?
May 16, 2007
958 posts
536 upvotes
Here's maybe a new one.

Got an email today saying there's a package waiting for me. So I logged in to their site to see how many I had there. It only listed 1 package. I should have more like 5 or 6.

So I tracked the other packages that have arrived since I was last there in late November they are all showing as picked up last weekend. Well that's impossible I'm the only person who knows my info for this spot. So I called he told me so long as they know your email and suite# I give them their packages, well fair enough i suppose but I haven't shared that info with anyone.

They're looking into it. I really hope they are still there....

Ugh
Mar 12, 2008
328 posts
82 upvotes
Richmond Hill
We have had many packages sent here. I was surprised when I went down on Dec 22 and it was d-e-a-d. I guess the crappy exchange rate is keeping everyone away.

The big guy got fired after taking a few days take from the safe. The owner was there when we were down.

And the big boxes are kept at the front and are given a special letter or character on the #. Mine was entered incorrectly, I just can't remember exactly how but if it's a big package and missing this might be the cause.
May 16, 2007
958 posts
536 upvotes
mikeycanuk wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:11 am
We have had many packages sent here. I was surprised when I went down on Dec 22 and it was d-e-a-d. I guess the crappy exchange rate is keeping everyone away.

The big guy got fired after taking a few days take from the safe. The owner was there when we were down.

And the big boxes are kept at the front and are given a special letter or character on the #. Mine was entered incorrectly, I just can't remember exactly how but if it's a big package and missing this might be the cause.
Maybe one of the boxes might have been slightly larger but I don't think enough for it to be out front...everything was pretty small for what I ordered. I'm really hoping I hear back from them today, this is making me anxious that they possibly gave away my stuff.
Feb 8, 2013
4 posts
2 upvotes
Sainte-Catherine
devilsknight wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:25 am
Maybe one of the boxes might have been slightly larger but I don't think enough for it to be out front...everything was pretty small for what I ordered. I'm really hoping I hear back from them today, this is making me anxious that they possibly gave away my stuff.
They gave someone else’s parcel to me once. I notice that the box isn’t mine before I left so I gave it back to them. I’m sure many parcels got given away just like that 🤨
Last edited by Sweetcandy on Jan 12th, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4621 posts
1491 upvotes
Toronto
mikeycanuk wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:11 am

How do you know the big guy (Mike) was fired?

I haven't been down since September but I've dealt with Mike since Dec 2017 after they moved. He seemed very genuine and humble.

He knew what I was ordering too which was was much more than a few days worth of take in a petty cash safe.

Plus there's a police station in front of them and Mike lives in the same vicinity of the place since he commutes with transit/walks to work.
Last edited by rebel_rfd on Jan 12th, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4621 posts
1491 upvotes
Toronto
Sweetcandy wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 10:35 am
They gave someone else’s parcel to me once. I notice that the box isn’t mine before I left so I gave it back to them. I’m sure many parcels got given away just like that 🤨
Even if accidentally given why are people taking it with them?

I assume if you are using this service, most people are ripping the packages and would realize what is inside isn't there stuff.

Or if you actually declare your stuff, CSBA would point out your name isn't on the box at the border....

If NYAddresses is screwing up, its being aided by folks that clearly have no trouble taking other folks packages. Almost like if USPS/UPS/Canada Post/Purolator accidentally dropped off your neighbors packages at your house and you took them and kept it (whether you could use it or not).
Mar 12, 2008
328 posts
82 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Mike is gone 1000%. When we were down on the 22nd I asked where he was. The guy I asked was the owner who felt really bad about firing him. But he called Mike for several days asking where the 3 days take was and Mike never answered the calls.

He knew Mike was taking a little here and there as there was never any extra $ left. for instance when people get packages before they get scanned in. He accepted that but 3 days take??? I don’t know how he thought he would get away with it. Odd
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4621 posts
1491 upvotes
Toronto
mikeycanuk wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 1:15 pm
Mike is gone 1000%. When we were down on the 22nd I asked where he was. The guy I asked was the owner who felt really bad about firing him. But he called Mike for several days asking where the 3 days take was and Mike never answered the calls.

He knew Mike was taking a little here and there as there was never any extra $ left. for instance when people get packages before they get scanned in. He accepted that but 3 days take??? I don’t know how he thought he would get away with it. Odd
Yeah, it doesn't make sense.

If business was slow, there wouldn't be much in the safe.
Then again, they are doing a cash business, so who knows how much Patrick (owner) is declaring to IRS/CRA. Which means unlikely hood of charging Mike for the missing funds.
I'm not sure if Mike has let people take packages before they were checked in. I've been there sometimes before UPS/USPS get there and waited with Mike for the delivery. It was urgent at the time. He would still check it in and then have me pay. There have been times where I had just enough US cash, but unknowing to me there was an extra package (Amazon split the order) so Mike has let me just pay in cash the next time I was there but allowed me to take the package with me. Saves me the time and cost of getting US cash out of a US bank. Plus their CDN cash cost per package isn't a fair conversion.

I have to think of a new option now.

I only did business with NYAddresses because of Mike. I'm hoping it's somewhat of a mistake or something dire happened. In my time with them, I have never had a package missing, and I had one package over $2K USD that was with them when they moved to the new location. I've shipped over $20K USD with them last year, mostly because of Mike being in charge of receiving. I signed up back in 2015 with them. So, one of the original customers. Probably why they find my packages fast.

If we assumed they did 500 packages a day, at $3, that's $1500 USD. 3 days at $4500 USD.

It would have made more sense to just take packages that he knew were high value. I mean it's just him there, cut through the boxes from Amazon or target boxes from expensive vendors (Adorama, Burberry, Apple, Best Buy, BHPhoto). You're working there for a year or more at this point, know what the typical spending habits are of each regular customer.

But if you think about it, the only person that got burnt would have been Patrick, or Mike took the 3 days worth of cash. Taking packages would have just made a mess for the clientele. If this is all true, seems like Partick did something to piss off Mike and Mike saw to resolve it as he seemed fair.

@brucemcl777 thoughts?
May 16, 2007
958 posts
536 upvotes
Sweetcandy wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 10:35 am
I could see 1 or 2 being a mistake, but to have all 5 in my account flagged as being picked up is very strange. I haven't heard back from there (not really surprised), so I will be calling tomorrow to see what's up.

Ugh sounds like there's alot of nonsense going on there right now.
Jan 13, 2019
3 posts
7 upvotes
This is the first tim s I've posted in this forum, but have been watching it for almost as long as I worked at Nyaddress. I would like to clear a few things up. If you haven't noticed, I am Mike(the big guy that worked there) First of all, I didn't get fired, I quit due to the owner accusing me of stealing over $1800. I would never steal money for anyone, let alone my job. All the money was in the till and he removed it himself. Where or what happened after that in out of my control. Second I have no illwishes against that company or the person running it. What I do know is money has still come up missing since I quit. Makes one wonder who is in the wrong here??? I've dealt with a lot of crap while working at the store(no heat, being condemned, customers threatening me), but I will not stand for people badmouthing me and saying I stole money. The computer system is poorly set up, mainly due to the fact that the owner set it up, and if anyone knows about how he did the roof, and heating, you'd know how poorly the computers are set up. And finally, I wish all the customers who still wish to use the company luck seeing as all the posts since my departure from there have been about packages coming up missing, shows that he can't even do that job as well as I did.
May 16, 2007
958 posts
536 upvotes
Called today for an update. Said he hasn't had a chance to look, gave me another email to send the info to. He said someone else monitors the email on the website.

Sent him the info again, said he would look into it right away. I'll follow up with him later in the day.