Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
29 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5291 posts
6491 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: Thx for sharing brotha.....

Wtf.....why?

So random.....attacker is messed up.....
Kinda obvious as for why given the current political/social atmosphere in the US
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4285 posts
2287 upvotes
BC
KravenHead wrote: Kinda obvious as for why given the current political/social atmosphere in the US
I don't see or know of any obvious reason why Rick would get a punch in the face. Please explain.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19242 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
@KravenHead

Yes, please explain. I haven't heard anything about any political views or statements made from Moranis. The only news I heard is that he wants to continue pursuing his acting after leaving the gig to look after his family.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1053 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
Let's see if it gets investigated as a potential hate crime.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17438 posts
12791 upvotes
Toronto
KravenHead wrote: Kinda obvious as for why given the current political/social atmosphere in the US
Feegus wrote: I don't see or know of any obvious reason why Rick would get a punch in the face. Please explain.
chimaican wrote: Yes, please explain.
Antifa & Black Lives Matters rioters euphemistically called protesters by lame stream media have created an atmosphere of resentment and anger inciting self identified oppressed party (or parties) to target their perceived oppressors

I tried my best 'cause honestly I don't frequent Breitbart, Fox News, Rebel News nor Post Millenial ... how'd I do Krave?
ConsoleWatcher wrote: Let's see if it gets investigated as a potential hate crime.
It's possible if the conspiracy theorists promoted the idea he had a hand in that female Ghostbusters movie
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24671 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
Like others, I have no idea why....pls elaborate.

Cuz he is Canadian? Cuz he left showbiz to look after family after his wife’s death?

No idea, by all accounts it seems like Rick is a genuinely nice guy.

Or maybe attacker didn’t even know it is Rick Moranis & just wanted to punch some dood?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
Feegus wrote: I don't see or know of any obvious reason why Rick would get a punch in the face. Please explain.
The same reason that while I was out walking my dog in front of my house in Durham, that a random BMW pulled up, windows rolled down with 4 young African American males and stuck their middle finger out at me, yelling Blood or something to that effect and then peeling away. Have not seen them since. No issues in our neighborhood that I know of. My security cameras captured the incident and has been saved if police come asking.

The reason? These guys felt it would make them feel better about themselves if they targeted a caucasian family man. They may feel they have been randomly targeted and wanted to return the favor. There could be so many reasons given the racial injustices, pandemic and mental health.

For Rick, it could have been someone experiencing mental health issues or any number of things as well. We cannot assume it was a racially motivated assault.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1053 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
mrtvgame wrote: The same reason that while I was out walking my dog in front of my house in Durham, that a random BMW pulled up, windows rolled down with 4 young African American males and stuck their middle finger out at me, yelling Blood or something to that effect and then peeling away. Have not seen them since. No issues in our neighborhood that I know of. My security cameras captured the incident and has been saved if police come asking.

The reason? These guys felt it would make them feel better about themselves if they targeted a caucasian family man. They may feel they have been randomly targeted and wanted to return the favor. There could be so many reasons given the racial injustices, pandemic and mental health.

For Rick, it could have been someone experiencing mental health issues or any number of things as well. We cannot assume it was a racially motivated assault.
We don't know for sure (no evidence for or against it), but when it happens completely randomly it becomes more likely that race was a factor.
As for mental health issues, yes, it's likely that he did have issues. When someone (either left-leaning or right-leaning) goes out and does something as serious enough as attack someone for no reason, then they usually do have mental health issues.
The current divisive rhetoric we generally see nowadays may not compel someone to do these things, but it can certainly push someone who's got problems "over the edge".
From what I've seen, people who are generally angry, fearful, paranoid, etc. will find some the crazy theory that best fits and apply it to their situation.
Last edited by ConsoleWatcher on Oct 2nd, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10135 posts
10248 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: Like others, I have no idea why....pls elaborate.

Cuz he is Canadian? Cuz he left showbiz to look after family after his wife’s death?

No idea, by all accounts it seems like Rick is a genuinely nice guy.

Or maybe attacker didn’t even know it is Rick Moranis & just wanted to punch some dood?
maybe cause he made that commercial for Mint Mobile recently with Ryan Reynolds ...maybe Hugh Jackman punched him?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1053 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
mrtvgame wrote: [..] a random BMW pulled up, windows rolled down with 4 young African American males and stuck their middle finger out at me, yelling Blood or something to that effect and then peeling away.[..]
Canadian version of a drive-by shooting?
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10135 posts
10248 upvotes
ConsoleWatcher wrote: We don't know for sure (no evidence for or against it), but when it happens completely randomly it becomes more likely that race was a factor.
As for mental health issues, yes, it's likely that he did have issues. When someone (either left-leaning or right-leaning) goes out and does something as serious enough as attack someone for no reason, then they usually do have mental health issues.
The current divisive rhetoric we generally see nowadays may not compel someone to do these things, but it can certainly push someone who's got problems "over the edge".
From what I've seen, people who are generally angry, fearful, paranoid, etc. will find some the crazy theory that best fits and apply it to their situation.
i think you're looking way too deep into this without anything to suggest motive. not every crime if the victim/suspect are different race/religion is automatically a hate crime unless the suspect has a known history of affiliation with a radical group ?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8668 upvotes
GTA
ConsoleWatcher wrote: Canadian version of a drive-by shooting?
I thought that's when they throw stale Timbits at you and don't say "Sorry"
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1053 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
StatsGuy wrote: i think you're looking way too deep into this without anything to suggest motive. not every crime if the victim/suspect are different race/religion is automatically a hate crime unless the suspect has a known history of affiliation with a radical group ?
You're right; we don't know. As I said, the guy probably already had a bunch of mental health issues beforehand. It could have been the slightest thing that pushed him over the edge, and I would not suggest that any group or ideology was directly responsible for it.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8298 upvotes
Toronto
Perhaps the assailant was worried that the key master was enroute to meet with the gatekeeper, to unleash Gozer upon us all?
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3873 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe the attacker thought Rick Moranis shrunk his penis and he's out to get his revenge? All kidding aside, I hope Rick Moranis gets his justice.