Jul 10, 2002
473 posts
169 upvotes
Damn, the lifetime prices have doubled since last year
Mar 31, 2013
292 posts
212 upvotes
Sherwood Park
I use NZBcat. Is NZBGeek worth subscribing to?
Jan 24, 2017
63 posts
59 upvotes
armadaone wrote: I use NZBcat. Is NZBGeek worth subscribing to?
I'm not familiar with NZBcat, but Geek has never failed to find new releases of any show I've ever looked for. It's pretty bad for anime and content that's a few years old, so you will want additional sources if you're looking for those things. If you're specifically looking for new/recent releases, Geek should be all you need.
Mar 3, 2005
892 posts
577 upvotes
Toronto
I had a membership with these guys from a few years back. It's been a while since I logged on (a year ago approximately) and noticed my log in no longer works and password recovery also doesn't work. I thought I had a lifetime membership... Did they get rid of all their legacy accounts?
Dec 14, 2004
893 posts
172 upvotes
Waterloo
DangerousDeals wrote: I had a membership with these guys from a few years back. It's been a while since I logged on (a year ago approximately) and noticed my log in no longer works and password recovery also doesn't work. I thought I had a lifetime membership... Did they get rid of all their legacy accounts?
They were hacked in the past year which might be the cause of this. All passwords and accounts went through a reset.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1467 posts
820 upvotes
GTA
DangerousDeals wrote: I had a membership with these guys from a few years back. It's been a while since I logged on (a year ago approximately) and noticed my log in no longer works and password recovery also doesn't work. I thought I had a lifetime membership... Did they get rid of all their legacy accounts?
Due to a hack they reset all passwords and you need to redo your login credentials. Some weird hoops to do it tho it took me multiple tries, I've forgotten all of it now.
Jul 13, 2020
117 posts
64 upvotes
as has been noted, you'll need to reset your password. If you have your geek key, you can use that to log in too.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
2001 posts
743 upvotes
Nepean
I just checked and I've been a member for over 8 years, the last 7 as a lifetime member. Obviously it was cheaper back then, but I have never regretted buying the lifetime membership. Except for the hack when they had to reset everyone's password, it has been rock solid.
Wrocky
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3687 posts
1803 upvotes
Toronto
Tousuto wrote: I'm not familiar with NZBcat, but Geek has never failed to find new releases of any show I've ever looked for. It's pretty bad for anime and content that's a few years old, so you will want additional sources if you're looking for those things. If you're specifically looking for new/recent releases, Geek should be all you need.
Geek is not very good for JAV, I get a lot more results with NZBFinder (which is a lot more expensive).
Jul 15, 2012
261 posts
736 upvotes
GVA
kag wrote: Damn, the lifetime prices have doubled since last year
Yes, raise price by 200%, then give 25% discount.
With the discount, it's still 50% more than the regular price last year.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6425 posts
1205 upvotes
Mississauga
been meaning to ask, what makes this no different then say torrents?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4811 posts
5262 upvotes
Alberta
Longobongo wrote: been meaning to ask, what makes this no different then say torrents?
Direct downloading, not peer to peer
Apr 11, 2018
24 posts
12 upvotes
Torrent sites always seem to work for me - the pirate bay, etc. Wondering what the advantage is of NZB? I get that it is direct vs. peer to peer, but is there a better selection?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
1589 posts
1283 upvotes
Vancouver
canuckduck2 wrote: Torrent sites always seem to work for me - the pirate bay, etc. Wondering what the advantage is of NZB? I get that it is direct vs. peer to peer, but is there a better selection?
NZBs are extremely fast. You just download at your max bandwidth immediately. Releases are up immediately.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1729 posts
2321 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Is this indexer any better than Drunk Slug? is there a free tier?
Jun 4, 2007
544 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
Wrocky wrote: I just checked and I've been a member for over 8 years, the last 7 as a lifetime member. Obviously it was cheaper back then, but I have never regretted buying the lifetime membership. Except for the hack when they had to reset everyone's password, it has been rock solid.
Deleted....figured it out....RTFM or in this case the recovery email... :)
Last edited by g00f on Dec 15th, 2021 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 11, 2018
24 posts
12 upvotes
Thanks! If I understand a user needs to subscribe to both a Usenet provider and an Indexer like this. Do you have a recommended provider?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)