• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2020 3:46 pm
Tags:
None
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 30, 2020
526 posts
791 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
jasonchan wrote: Update: I called in again and they looked at the offer conditions in more detail, apparently if your FIRST transaction isn't at a CT store (or CT's website), it invalidates the offer (apparently in the fine print). Crying Face
Good to know. Still waiting to make my first purchase.
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
45 posts
20 upvotes
Kingsville, Ontario
jasonchan wrote: Update: I called in again and they looked at the offer conditions in more detail, apparently if your FIRST transaction isn't at a CT store (or CT's website), it invalidates the offer (apparently in the fine print). Crying Face
My first purchase was at McDonalds and my second purchase was at a Canadian Tire store a few days later. I just noticed last night that I received the $100 in my CT Money Balance.
Member
Jul 1, 2012
262 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Was approved for cc after id verification in October. Received bonus $100 ct money on Nov 9th. Then today, checked my account and it was locked. Called in and was told on "secondary review" they are no longer offering the card to me and closing my account. When asked about the ct money (both the bonus and another $120 i received for purchases at CT), they said it would be forfeited lol. Would suggest those who got the bonus to spend it asap, lest they cancel your account for no reason whatsoever and revoke all your ct money lol.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2380 posts
1504 upvotes
GTA
101lol wrote: Was approved for cc after id verification in October. Received bonus $100 ct money on Nov 9th. Then today, checked my account and it was locked. Called in and was told on "secondary review" they are no longer offering the card to me and closing my account. When asked about the ct money (both the bonus and another $120 i received for purchases at CT), they said it would be forfeited lol. Would suggest those who got the bonus to spend it asap, lest they cancel your account for no reason whatsoever and revoke all your ct money lol.
That doesn't sound right. That is, unless you entered incorrect information to get the card?
Banned
Sep 14, 2020
437 posts
237 upvotes
snardos wrote: My first purchase was at McDonalds and my second purchase was at a Canadian Tire store a few days later. I just noticed last night that I received the $100 in my CT Money Balance.
Darn, you beat me to it, was going to post the same DP.

Did a $1.5 purchase at a donut shop and no bonus. Decided to go to CT and buy a pack of chips for $2, received $5 when the purchase went through, and just received some emails today about their sales, and noticed my CT balance is now 105.

So luckily this...
jasonchan wrote: Update: I called in again and they looked at the offer conditions in more detail, apparently if your FIRST transaction isn't at a CT store (or CT's website), it invalidates the offer (apparently in the fine print). Crying Face
... is false. If you still haven't received your $100 CT, go to CT and do any purchase in-store. Today is already 13th, so better hurry! It might go by the activation date or approval date depending when you got approved!
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
1108 posts
92 upvotes
No 100 bucks yet. The agent on the phone was like wow 100 bonus?

Just called in and they have submitted a case number for it and said I should hear within the week.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 24, 2003
1533 posts
1442 upvotes
Toronto
Update 2: called in again, they still won’t budge. Apparently, the last rep made a note of the clause in my account, so I’m SOL.
Me262A1 wrote: Darn, you beat me to it, was going to post the same DP.

Did a $1.5 purchase at a donut shop and no bonus. Decided to go to CT and buy a pack of chips for $2, received $5 when the purchase went through, and just received some emails today about their sales, and noticed my CT balance is now 105.

So luckily this...


... is false. If you still haven't received your $100 CT, go to CT and do any purchase in-store. Today is already 13th, so better hurry! It might go by the activation date or approval date depending when you got approved!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 27, 2012
1535 posts
535 upvotes
Montreal
101lol wrote: Was approved for cc after id verification in October. Received bonus $100 ct money on Nov 9th. Then today, checked my account and it was locked. Called in and was told on "secondary review" they are no longer offering the card to me and closing my account. When asked about the ct money (both the bonus and another $120 i received for purchases at CT), they said it would be forfeited lol. Would suggest those who got the bonus to spend it asap, lest they cancel your account for no reason whatsoever and revoke all your ct money lol.
I have the same problem...lol I had 108 in ct money and they just closed it without any notices
the stupid thing is that I had my triangle rewards card before getting the credit card... like what at least take back the 100 and leave my 8$ alone Face With Tears Of Joy
Newbie
User avatar
Dec 5, 2017
40 posts
13 upvotes
Spyder187 wrote: Update.. got my bonus today! Good luck to everyone waiting for it!
you got the $100 without making a purchase at a canadian tire branded store?
Sr. Member
Feb 18, 2008
547 posts
1046 upvotes
Ho no. Missed it. Made a purchase but not at a Canadian tire store.
I lost the ability to remember things when I lost the right to a full night's sleep.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 30, 2020
526 posts
791 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
Anyone still waiting for $100 bonus?

Applied Oct 14
Approved Oct 18
Got card around Oct 30
Made first purchase inside CT store Nov 12

Just got off phone with CS. She said that the only bonus she sees is the 11% bonus CT point bonus. Has no idea what I'm talking about. Think the purchase I made ($2) is too small to get the $100 bonus. Was told to forward this thread to ctfs-receipts@ctfs.com.

Going to call back later this week if nothing happens.
Jr. Member
Apr 25, 2014
131 posts
98 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
th3xeroeagle wrote: I have the same problem...lol I had 108 in ct money and they just closed it without any notices
the stupid thing is that I had my triangle rewards card before getting the credit card... like what at least take back the 100 and leave my 8$ alone Face With Tears Of Joy
Hah they did the same thing to me last time there was an offer for the CT credit card. At least they let me keep my welcome bonus, and I kept Perkopolis!
Newbie
Dec 10, 2003
56 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria
CanadianConsumerYEG wrote: Anyone still waiting for $100 bonus?

Applied Oct 14
Approved Oct 18
Also applied and approved on above dates. Used card in CT store and just called now. Was told as I was approved on the 18th I missed out on the promo dates so not getting $100.
Am going to follow the steps below to complain. Suggest others do the same.
Step 1

The first step to resolving a complaint is to contact us directly. The Customer Relationship Representatives will attempt to resolve your concerns within step 1, and, as appropriate, they will escalate your concerns to other levels within step 1, such as an Account Supervisor or Supervisor within the applicable contact centre.

You may contact us by calling 1-866-846-5841. If it is more convenient, you may fax your complaint to 905-735-2644 or write to us at:

Canadian Tire Bank
P.O. Box 12000
Station Main
Welland, ON, L3B 6C7

Step 2

If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction within step 1, you may ask to have your concerns escalated to step 2, which is the Manager level and above by calling 1-866-846-5841 and asking to speak to someone at the Manager level or above. They will make every effort to resolve your concerns and let you know when you can expect a response. If it is more convenient, you may fax your complaint to 905-735-2644 or write to us at the above noted address.

Step 3

The final escalation point is the Canadian Tire Bank Ombudsman’s office. If you are not satisfied with the resolution that was provided in step 2, you may direct your complaint to the Canadian Tire Bank Ombudsman's office. You may contact the Canadian Tire Bank Ombudsman’s office by phone at 1-800-464-9166, ext. 39583, by fax at 905-465-6033 or in writing at:

Ombudsman
Canadian Tire Bank
3475 Superior Court
Oakville, ON, L6L 0C6

If the steps listed above have not resolved your concern or complaint to your satisfaction or 90 days have elapsed since we received your complaint at step 2, you may contact the external Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments ("OBSI") by phone or in writing at:

Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments
401 Bay Street
Suite 1505, P.O. Box 5
Toronto, ON, M5H 2Y4

Telephone: 1-888-451-4519
Fax: 1-888-422-2865
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 30, 2020
526 posts
791 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
hudson wrote: Also applied and approved on above dates. Used card in CT store and just called now. Was told as I was approved on the 18th I missed out on the promo dates so not getting $100.
Am going to follow the steps below to complain. Suggest others do the same.
Step 1

The first step to resolving a complaint is to contact us directly. The Customer Relationship Representatives will attempt to resolve your concerns within step 1, and, as appropriate, they will escalate your concerns to other levels within step 1, such as an Account Supervisor or Supervisor within the applicable contact centre.

You may contact us by calling 1-866-846-5841. If it is more convenient, you may fax your complaint to 905-735-2644 or write to us at:

Canadian Tire Bank
P.O. Box 12000
Station Main
Welland, ON, L3B 6C7

Step 2

If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction within step 1, you may ask to have your concerns escalated to step 2, which is the Manager level and above by calling 1-866-846-5841 and asking to speak to someone at the Manager level or above. They will make every effort to resolve your concerns and let you know when you can expect a response. If it is more convenient, you may fax your complaint to 905-735-2644 or write to us at the above noted address.

Step 3

The final escalation point is the Canadian Tire Bank Ombudsman’s office. If you are not satisfied with the resolution that was provided in step 2, you may direct your complaint to the Canadian Tire Bank Ombudsman's office. You may contact the Canadian Tire Bank Ombudsman’s office by phone at 1-800-464-9166, ext. 39583, by fax at 905-465-6033 or in writing at:

Ombudsman
Canadian Tire Bank
3475 Superior Court
Oakville, ON, L6L 0C6

If the steps listed above have not resolved your concern or complaint to your satisfaction or 90 days have elapsed since we received your complaint at step 2, you may contact the external Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments ("OBSI") by phone or in writing at:

Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments
401 Bay Street
Suite 1505, P.O. Box 5
Toronto, ON, M5H 2Y4

Telephone: 1-888-451-4519
Fax: 1-888-422-2865
Thanks I will follow this advice. It sounds like BS because there are a lot of people in this thread that got the bonus even though they were not instantly approved.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
1108 posts
92 upvotes
Icecreamscoop wrote: you got the $100 without making a purchase at a canadian tire branded store?
Spyder187 wrote: Just phoned them and they said wait 10 business days. So first purchase Oct 30, should be in by Nov 13th. Weird thing is I got 99 cent random bonus on the 3rd which sounds like the usual bonus 11 percent of something on first purchase?

I don't think it's worth worrying about so just hopefully I get the bonus or else kind of a waste of a credit hit for this card.

Top