None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13370 posts
5176 upvotes
Toronto

'O.J.: Made in America' 10 hour documentary CTV/ABC/ESPN

If you're not all O.J.'ed out after the 10 hour FX dramatized series earlier this year, here comes another 10 hour American navel gaze with presumably a more factual angle
http://www.ctv.ca/OJMadeInAmerica

CTV plans to air all 5 two hour episodes in prime time over five nights starting tonight (June 11) while ABC is (more wisely?) only showing the first episode tonight porting the other 4 to ESPN
17 replies
Banned
Jan 6, 2016
73 posts
6 upvotes
Ramsayville, ON
I look forward to this after watching this. The different perspective will be interesting from The People v. O.J.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18875 posts
6909 upvotes
Toronto
Finding the first part very boring.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
7032 posts
438 upvotes
Personally enjoyed the first episode. Look forward to watching the rest
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4124 posts
928 upvotes
Sask.
Started the first episode - snore - didn't bother finishing.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1818 posts
256 upvotes
Markham
I watch the episode this week...don't know what number it was, but I found that they dwell on such minor details, that my mind wanders.i guess they need to stretch it out.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18875 posts
6909 upvotes
Toronto
The first episode was boring. But the rest are pretty interesting.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8560 upvotes
GTHA
ESPN to Blur "Graphic" Parts of 'O.J.: Made in America' for Final Episodes
Ahead of Friday's fourth part of ESPN's documentary O.J.: Made in America, the cabler announced that some images will be blurred during future airings due to "graphic" crime scene photos.

The fourth episode of ESPN's 30 for 30 series covers Simpson's trial, which was also recently examined during FX's critically acclaimed anthology The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story. In the ESPN episode, viewers see crime scene photos of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman's murder as the prosecution presents their theory in court.

In a statement on Friday, ESPN said that these images will be kept in the original episode and in VOD episodes because the "director and producers of the film feel are key to the powerful narrative," but re-airings of the series' the fourth episode will be blurred.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18875 posts
6909 upvotes
Toronto
Wow the images were so graphic yesterday. Nicole's head was nearly cut off.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13370 posts
5176 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote: I'm not sure how I feel about graphic crime scenes photos being shown

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/17/es ... ene-photos

I understand it's 20 years later but the Browns and Goldmans are sure to voice their objections
I'm not sure Fred Goldman knew what would be included 'cause I can't believe he would've participated if he had known
carmaster wrote: Wow the images were so graphic yesterday. Nicole's head was nearly cut off.
My eyes were on mostly websurfing not the TV watching but the descriptions by the initial prosecutor Bill Hodgman were horrifying enough.
Overkill could be an understatement.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
3698 posts
734 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
I was amazed that he made 3 million doing signings while held in jail leading up to the acquittal.

The robbery, gun and kidnapping charges netted him 33 years but he's soon up for a parole hearing.

What's next for O.J.?
Edelman: He's up for parole soon. It's possible that he'll be in prison for many more years, and it's possible he'll be out in the next two years. Maybe that will be Part 6 of the documentary.
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/1627 ... mous-story

I'd like to see a documentary on why some people still think he's innocent!
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4126 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
Watched all 5 parts. Can't believe they showed the crime scene photos. Quite shocking.
Temp. Banned
Mar 29, 2015
1975 posts
151 upvotes
Wood Bridge
Correct me if im wrong but this TV show is NOT available on Netflix right?
Thanks
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8560 upvotes
GTHA
Stronzo1 wrote: Correct me if im wrong but this TV show is NOT available on Netflix right?
This is not a TV show, this is a documentary. :|
The Canadian streaming rights were purchased by Bell/CTV. It can be streamed on CraveTV on July 29.

from http://www.etalk.ca/news/2016/april/oj- ... r-exclusiv
CTV announced today it has landed the much-anticipated docu-series “OJ: Made In America” for an exclusive premiere over one week, starting Saturday, June 11 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Directed and produced by Emmy-award winner Ezra Edelman, the five-part, two-hour episode mini-series explores themes of race and celebrity, while tracing the personal journey of Orenthal James Simpson. The series covers how he became a prolific NFL legend and why the country fell in love with him off the field, to his being accused of murdering his ex-wife and his subsequent acquittal, and why he is now sitting in jail 20 years later for another criminal charge.

Following its international debut at the Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival in Toronto this weekend, “OJ: Made In America” will make its Canadian television premiere Saturday, June 11 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO, with episodes airing over the next seven days and subsequent airings on TSN. The series will also make its streaming debut on CraveTV on July 29.

“O.J.: Made In America” is a Laylow Films Production for ESPN Films.
If you want to watch this online, this streams for free on Watch ESPN
http://espn.go.com/30for30/ojsimpsonmadeinamerica/

Netflix will add this to their library after ESPN has finished cashing in on the success of this documentary.

from https://fansided.com/2016/06/12/when-wi ... n-netflix/
The 30 for 30 documentaries usually appear on Netflix a few weeks after they air and this is very much in the same vein as that. We even see ESPN documentaries that are outside of the 30 for 30 umbrella pop up on Netflix and stick around for a while.

Of course, given the popularity, there’s a decent chance that ESPN tries to cash in on the success of the series while they can by using their own Watch ESPN app or Blu-ray sales to squeeze every penny out of this series and the hype.

But if you want to see the series on Netflix, you probably will only have to wait a month or so — if even that — before it pops up on the streaming service.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
3698 posts
734 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
Stronzo1 wrote: Correct me if im wrong but this TV show is NOT available on Netflix right?
I haven't tried it but it looks like you can stream it from ESPN for free if it isn't geo blocked?