Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16505 posts
3731 upvotes
Toronto

Oasis "Old fashioned apple"

Anyone else notice that Oasis "Old fashioned apple" (960 ml) is NOT Apple juice?
As it reads on the label, it's an "Apple juice beverage"

Are they actually afraid that showing a lemon or two on the packaging with those two nice big apples will decrease sales??

Image Image
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
5 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4925 upvotes
Here 'n There
Prolly, but the worst thing you can do is drink juice as it has all of the fiber stripped out of the fruit and has a high glycemic index.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16505 posts
3731 upvotes
Toronto
eonibm wrote: Prolly, but the worst thing you can do is drink juice as it has all of the fiber stripped out of the fruit and has a high glycemic index.
I'm very thankful that I am not diabetic.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13001 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: As it reads on the label, it's an "Apple juice beverage"

Are they actually afraid that showing a lemon or two on the packaging with those two nice big apples will decrease sales??
They're not legally allowed to call it "Apple Juice" because it's not 100% Apple Juice.
The lemons have nothing to do with it.

All this "light" crap is like that. Regular juice diluted with water.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16505 posts
3731 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote: They're not legally allowed to call it "Apple Juice" because it's not 100% Apple Juice.
The lemons have nothing to do with it.

All this "light" crap is like that. Regular juice diluted with water.
I am well aware why they are not allowed to call it apple juice.

The lemons are in the ingredient list. Are they afraid that an apple lemon combo on the packaging would not sell?
People are grabbing this item on the fast without thinking to see if it is real apple juice.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13001 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: The lemons are in the ingredient list. Are they afraid that an apple lemon combo on the packaging would not sell?
It wouldn't surprise me because who would buy Apple Lemon juice beverage?
But at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if you couldn't taste the lemons. They're probably there to regulate acidity.