Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Obihai 202 49.99 US deal at newegg.com

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2015 7:34 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 4, 2006
38 posts
99 upvotes
Ottawa

[Newegg] Obihai 202 49.99 US deal at newegg.com

I received this email from Obihai..

Big Sale Starts May 22nd – Mark Your Calendars Now!

Make Your Month A-May-Zing – Get the OBi202 for Only $49.99 free shipping(USA)
Save $20 on the OBi202!
Our Best Sale Yet!
From May 22 to May 24, at newegg.com(US)

The OBi202 voice adapter comes with the following features:
Works with Google Voice
Support for 4 VoIP Accounts (Google or SIP) plus OBiTALK
Two (2) Phone Ports
T.38 Fax Support
USB Port for OBi Accessories – OBiWiFi – OBiBT – OBiLINE
30 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
Can we get some old prices for reference?

I'm still using my bootleg PAP2T. Would be nice to have a

I have a US mailbox, but would still like to get this from a Canadian source.
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2011
1598 posts
520 upvotes
Toronto
How much is it to ship to Canada?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
update:

So the Obihai200 goes on sale regularly for 30$ USD with free shipping.

This is the Obhihai202 which has a built-in router.

If you have a *****ty router, or are using the default cable modem, you'll definately want this model.

if you have a telephone based internet service like Bell, I'm not too sure if this is worth the extra 10$. Anyone tried setting up pppoe on the obi202?
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Mar 13, 2013
308 posts
127 upvotes
LONDON
Obi200 hasn't gone on sale for USD$30 in 2015 (last sale was in Nov 2014, I believe). Obi202 for USD$50 is an excellent provided that you need the router functionality.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2497 posts
523 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Amazon.com sells it for the same price.

Obi202 supports up to 4 voip accounts.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3322 upvotes
ma678 wrote: Amazon.com
Amazon.com and Newegg.com will not ship the OBi202 to Canada. Amazon.com will ship the OBi200 to Canada.

202 has (200 does not have)

- 2 phone ports (OBi200 as 1)

- internal router (100Mbs in full duplex mode, but the maximum routing throughput between the WAN and the LAN side is approximately 30 Mbps when there are no active calls). OBi100, OBi110, and OBi200 do not offer an internal router

- ObiPlus support (Obiplus Basic is free): http://www.obihai.com/obiplus. OBi100, OBi110, and OBi200 do not support OBiPlus.
OBiPlus Basic also offers 2 additional (but small and limited) voice attendants.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4071.0

The OBi100/110 series does not support T.38 fax protocol.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2497 posts
523 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Obi 2 series don't have a line in port, while Obi110 has it.
Jun 2, 2002
506 posts
208 upvotes
In my personal experience which may not be applicable to you (and I had arguments about this topic here on RFD), installing a router-ATA dramatically decreased connectivity issues (due to lack of NAT traversal) as well as improved voice quality (less jitter, fewer disconnects) in all cases among F&F. The extra $10-$20 investment pays itself back in many-fold in fewer service interruptions and decreased frustration. Standard disclaimers apply: YMMV, IMHO, TIMTOWTDI, etc, etc.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
going to ship this to CrossBorderPickup and see how it goes
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3834 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
I have a OBI200, so what is the benefit of the router in the OBI202
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
GSD wrote: I have a OBI200, so what is the benefit of the router in the OBI202
Absolutely no reason for you to upgrade

But if you are looking for a new machine, this adapter is great.
The integrated router makes setup and troubleshooting alot easier. It might slow down your internet connection if you have a fast connection though. (According to Webslinger, the cap is 30Mbps)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9591 posts
8151 upvotes
Kitchener
Looking for this exact device for an elderly family friend. Too bad it's US only (and Newegg.com is terrible about taking international payment methods). I'll have to borrow a US credit card and mail to an Amerifriend.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3834 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
IntrepidRT wrote: Looking for this exact device for an elderly family friend. Too bad it's US only (and Newegg.com is terrible about taking international payment methods). I'll have to borrow a US credit card and mail to an Amerifriend.
If you have Visacheckout then you can order from Newegg.com (did it a few yrs ago for an Obi100)

The prices on newegg.ca are ridiculous - Obi100 sells at $100cdn sometimes.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3834 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
Dinujan wrote: Absolutely no reason for you to upgrade

But if you are looking for a new machine, this adapter is great.
The integrated router makes setup and troubleshooting alot easier. It might slow down your internet connection if you have a fast connection though. (According to Webslinger, the cap is 30Mbps)
Thanks I will stick with my $30 Obi200

Using:
FPL
GV
UKDDI - 2 numbers
One Port spare
Aug 30, 2012
996 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
Dinujan wrote: going to ship this to CrossBorderPickup and see how it goes
Are you talking about this - http://crossborderpickups.ca/? How does this service work, and how much will you be paying for it? Thanks! I've never used a service for US items.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
darkknight74 wrote: Are you talking about this - http://crossborderpickups.ca/? How does this service work, and how much will you be paying for it? Thanks! I've never used a service for US items.
going to be my first time trying them.

They give you a US adddress, and you send them a receipt of what you bought. Within 2days of delivery to their US mailbox they'll have your packaging waiting at their mississauga location.

Normally I use CBIUSA and cross the border myself, but these guys only charge 4.99-6.99 for most packages. If they are legit, this is a nobrainer.
Aug 30, 2012
996 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
Dinujan wrote: going to be my first time trying them.

They give you a US adddress, and you send them a receipt of what you bought. Within 2days of delivery to their US mailbox they'll have your packaging waiting at their mississauga location.

Normally I use CBIUSA and cross the border myself, but these guys only charge 4.99-6.99 for most packages. If they are legit, this is a nobrainer.
Awesome, I might try it out as well. Post your experience with them here if you can, would like to here the results. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3322 upvotes
GSD wrote: One Port spare
That's not a port. That's a spare SIP account entry or SIP trunk.

The real benefit of the OBi202 over the 200 is not the router, which most will likely not use, especially when maximum routing throughput between the WAN and the LAN side is approximately 30 Mbps when no calls are active. The real benefit is the extra phone port, which one could use for a dedicated fax machine (or as a separate line)--and access to OBiPlus.

(from Obihai's latest ad)
Only on the OBi202: Press # for Phone Port Collaboration

Did you know that you can have a mini phone system with the OBi202? While the Phone Port 1 and Phone Port 2 can function independently so you and another person can be on two different calls at the same time, the two phone ports to work together. …Just Press #

- Call the Other Phone – You can press # to call from one phone to the other phone.

- Call Transfer – While on a call, press the hook or Flash button and then press # to ring the other phone. All three of you can talk together or just hang-up to transfer the call to the other phone.

- Join-in on the Other Phone’s Call – If the phone on phone port 1 is on a call, from the phone on phone port 2 press # to join-in on the call.

- Incoming Call Pick-Up – If the phone connected to phone port 1 is ringing, pick-up the phone connected to phone port 2 and press # , then say “Hello?”

By the way, these are the two official Canadian sources:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductLis ... isNodeId=1 ($CAD)
https://www.acrovoice.ca/obistore/ ($CAD)

Amazon.com is an offical U.S. retailer that will ship the OBi200 (but, oddly, not the 202) to Canada:
http://www.amazon.com/OBi200-VoIP-Phone ... B00BUV7C9A ($USD)

The OBi202 is, imo, the best ATA for home use (the 200 is also a great choice).