• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2020 8:54 pm
[OP]
Aug 24, 2002
422 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary

Obtaining Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency to pay for services

Looking for an advice on purchasing Bitcoin not for investment purposes but to pay for services.

What would be the best way to do it with lowest cost possible? I only plan to purchase about CAD20 worth of Bitcoin to begin with.
4 replies
[OP]
Aug 24, 2002
422 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary
brogatta wrote: Shakepay is the best I find.
Thank you! Please forgive me for possibly asking newbie question, but once I buy some Bitcoin there say via Interac e-Transfer, is that all I need to do to be able to pay for services that accept Bitcoin as a form of payment?

Also, I don't see any kind of charges that Shakepay charges, what's the catch?
Nov 21, 2019
50 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
iakov wrote: Thank you! Please forgive me for possibly asking newbie question, but once I buy some Bitcoin there say via Interac e-Transfer, is that all I need to do to be able to pay for services that accept Bitcoin as a form of payment?

Also, I don't see any kind of charges that Shakepay charges, what's the catch?
There is a spread between buy and sell rates, which is likely how they make money.

Once you buy bitcoin, personally I always take it off any exchange into a wallet (i.e. Exodus). I like to have a separate wallet from exchanges as a barrier to your "gateway" into the crypto world, which has good reasons depending on the terms of the exchange (i.e. I heard never transfer bitcoin from a gambling site to Coinbase or they'll ban your account). From Exodus or your preferred wallet, you can send the bitcoin to pay for services. Good luck.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1155 posts
656 upvotes
Near You
I suppose coinberry is also an alternative. Never used their services before, dunno the rates.
⬢ American Express Platinum ⬢ TD Aeroplan VI ⬢ Brim ⬢ STACK ⬢ Revolut
TDCT ⬢ HSBC Premier ⬢ Tangerine ⬢ Motive
Fido 15GB/50$ ⬢ Google Fi ⬢ Novus 1GIG/60$

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)