Tags:
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5774 posts
2609 upvotes
Toronto
According to the forum rules:

Cannabis deals/sales are not permitted (this includes the BST forums)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5174 posts
4234 upvotes
Manatus wrote: According to the forum rules:

Cannabis deals/sales are not permitted (this includes the BST forums)
That's dumb...gun deals are okay but not weed which is legal and sold in so many stores including directly from govt
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1579 upvotes
Tee . Oh
StatsGuy wrote: That's dumb...gun deals are okay but not weed which is legal and sold in so many stores including directly from govt
Agreed, there's also the huge thread in Off Topic discussing weed:
rfd-cannabis-thread-aka-marijuana-forma ... 0-2221142/
................\ \ | / /................
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
[*FREE* Glasses!] [Lenovo 28" IPS 4K 60Hz Display] [Polk Audio Subwoofer] [Cheap G-Shock Like Watch]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14996 posts
28304 upvotes
Scarborough
The block on cannabis deal posts was an upper management decision made prior to the legalization in Canada, and the unsure landscape of what type of issues might arise by allowing them. Personally, I agree that ocs.ca deals should be allowed as an exception (along with other government run sites). I'll bring it back up and see if I can get an update.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts] [Thread Hiding]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14996 posts
28304 upvotes
Scarborough
We've updated our rules to allow for the posting of cannabis deals from any of the provincial government run website stores (including ocs.ca). The change is effective immediately.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts] [Thread Hiding]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5174 posts
4234 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: We've updated our rules to allow for the posting of cannabis deals from any of the provincial government run website stores (including ocs.ca). The change is effective immediately.
Thanks..this is great. Especially with how fast the good stuff/deal goes OOS on there and they restock at different times.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2048 posts
1024 upvotes
London
StatsGuy wrote:
That's dumb...gun deals are okay but not weed which is legal and sold in so many stores including directly from govt
TomRFD wrote: We've updated our rules to allow for the posting of cannabis deals from any of the provincial government run website stores (including ocs.ca). The change is effective immediately.
If we are making that comparison, they will of course all go into one massive thread, buried in Off Topic, just like the gun deals...
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2048 posts
1024 upvotes
London
I stand corrected.
It isn't in off topic.
However, that I was mistaken sort of makes the point.
It is not in the main deal forum, and therefore explains why I infrequently see it.
AKA "buried"

I don't really get the Ongoing Deals forum.
Some new sales go into the main forum, and some new sales go into the sub-forum.
I, like others I'm sure, don't routinely view the sub-forums.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5174 posts
4234 upvotes
arisk wrote: If we are making that comparison, they will of course all go into one massive thread, buried in Off Topic, just like the gun deals...
I see firearms deal in hot topic though. I think it makez sense to have firearms and weed in one megathread though.

People interested can just subscribe to it since these are pretty niche items