Hot Deals

[oculus.com] Oculus Quest - $549 (No Shipping or Tax) - Direct from Oculus Store

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2020 5:00 pm
[OP]
May 8, 2015
160 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Oculus Quest - $549 (No Shipping or Tax) - Direct from Oculus Store

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
oculus.com
For those that want one of these without having to pay tax - Oculus has been re-stocking sporadically throughout the day. In stock as of this post.
103 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1282 posts
968 upvotes
Gatineau
If only they'd release better controllers. Bigger and with much much better vibration motors.
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Sep 8, 2011
5 posts
oh that's a good deal, I wish the subtotal was actually lower though, I have price protection on my credit card but it doesn't work on the total, only the subtotal which in this case hasn't changed :(
Dec 23, 2015
292 posts
193 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Heythumb88 wrote: If only they'd release better controllers. Bigger and with much much better vibration motors.
Then you're into $1300 Valve Index territory
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1282 posts
968 upvotes
Gatineau
syntaxerror wrote: Then you're into $1300 Valve Index territory
Lol I never knew more plastic and better vibration motors cost upwards of 700$ to manufacture
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Sep 21, 2019
170 posts
108 upvotes
I already got one from Amazon 2 weeks ago. Someone convince me to return it in the middle of a pandemic and get ~$70 back.
[OP]
May 8, 2015
160 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kagaho wrote: I already got one from Amazon 2 weeks ago. Someone convince me to return it in the middle of a pandemic and get ~$70 back.
What are your thoughts, is it returnable? I'm pretty impatient to receive mine since it has a estimated date of late July, could do what you did and just get one from amazon.

$70 gets you a few games, so if you can stomach waiting between getting it and your return, it's worth it.
Sep 21, 2019
170 posts
108 upvotes
I did return few things last week, canadapost was so full of people's returned packages the clerk told me to just leave it on the counter and she'll scan it eventually. I did with the knick-knacks I was returning but probably not a $600 toy.

Nah it's fine, keeping it. Already got top few native quest games.

Yes, Amazon, fast shipping to your hands, and easy returns.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4512 posts
1194 upvotes
Kitchener
Both versions of Quest as well as Rift S are back in stock.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4369 posts
2382 upvotes
Is Quest the one where you can’t play a Steam/Origin/etc games and can only play the Select few games they have by Oculus?

Edit: Who does Oculus ship their stuff with?
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Dec 2, 2014
98 posts
196 upvotes
Sejad wrote: Is Quest the one where you can’t play a Steam/Origin/etc games and can only play the Select few games they have by Oculus?
No, you can play all games by using a long USB C cable to your computer. (Or wirelessly with virtual desktop app). I downgraded from the Vive Pro to the Quest. Worth the $1000 savings every day of the week.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4369 posts
2382 upvotes
destruct0 wrote: No, you can play all games by using a long USB C cable to your computer. (Or wirelessly with virtual desktop app). I downgraded from the Vive Pro to the Quest. Worth the $1000 savings every day of the week.
So you can play any game on ANY platform, doesn't have to be a Oculus/Rift games?
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2193 posts
336 upvotes
Thornhill
In your opinion, is this the time to jump into vr? Im considering it, but im a casual gamer to start, and im not seeing games that are must buys
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1384 posts
844 upvotes
Canada
Sejad wrote: Is Quest the one where you can’t play a Steam/Origin/etc games and can only play the Select few games they have by Oculus?

Edit: Who does Oculus ship their stuff with?
It used to be the case Oculus Quest can only play native Oculus Quest games. But they've added a new feature a few months ago to allow you to use it as a PCVR headset by connecting the Quest to a PC through a USB cable. It can also stream games wirelessly in VR with the Virtual Desktop app.
Feb 14, 2010
844 posts
275 upvotes
The Great North
Bencherstyle wrote: In your opinion, is this the time to jump into vr? Im considering it, but im a casual gamer to start, and im not seeing games that are must buys
I'm in the same boat as you. I figure I'll wait till Quest 2 comes out to make a decision. Meanwhile I have a stack of PC games that I haven't even touched yet Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes