Hot Deals

[Oculus] Oculus Quest 2 pre-orders up - $459 64GB, $629 256GB, no tax, free shipping when ordering from Oculus

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 9:52 am
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1443 posts
717 upvotes
Montreal
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: just a heads up for everyone - when you order your headset through the oculus website, Facebook will tie the name used in shipping *permanently* through the Oculus account that you created. So even if you wanted to change your real name after receiving the headset, you can't.
No account is permanently tied to the device. You can create a new account, and thus a new name.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3263 posts
3445 upvotes
This actually prompts me to go close my facebook account that I havnt used for years.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1971 posts
1085 upvotes
Calgary
PriceHunter wrote: This actually prompts me to go close my facebook account that I havnt used for years.
Mine is scheduled for deletion after....oh! Today! I actually was considering it for a while, but this move helped make my decision easier.
May 24, 2013
30 posts
20 upvotes
Ancaster
i’m with a lot of people on this. Facebook = no go. so what’s plan b for everyone? i really want to get into VR gaming and thought this was going to be it.
Sep 7, 2018
603 posts
443 upvotes
bigpdiesel wrote: i’m with a lot of people on this. Facebook = no go. so what’s plan b for everyone? i really want to get into VR gaming and thought this was going to be it.
Wait for an index 2?
Apr 21, 2011
1 posts
Markham
If I buy the Quest 2 and I have a Quest 1, I assume that I don't have to re-buy games, but would I be able to use the same game in both headsets at the same time? Does anyone know if I two of my kids can play against each other both using my account at the same time?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3263 posts
3445 upvotes
bigpdiesel wrote: i’m with a lot of people on this. Facebook = no go. so what’s plan b for everyone? i really want to get into VR gaming and thought this was going to be it.
Same here. I was so ready for this quest. But cant find anything right now in the market that sums the
- price
- wireless
- features
- processor

Anyone has any recommendations please let me know too. I'm not interested in wired.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Jul 10, 2019
165 posts
137 upvotes
Noobzilla wrote: No account is permanently tied to the device. You can create a new account, and thus a new name.
Please read again. I never said it was tied to device.
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Aug 16, 2015
928 posts
455 upvotes
Toronto, ON
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: just a heads up for everyone - when you order your headset through the oculus website, Facebook will tie the name used in shipping *permanently* through the Oculus account that you created. So even if you wanted to change your real name after receiving the headset, you can't.
Sorry, not following. What if it is a gift for someone else? Are you saying they have to use an account with my name?
Jul 11, 2009
693 posts
352 upvotes
Canada
Those that say there is a lot of fear mongering in this thread, need to watch "The Social Dilemma" on netflix, where former facebook employees expose the dark side of FB/Insta/snap etc...
Oct 5, 2008
208 posts
68 upvotes
North York
Gahh RedFlagDeals....I pre-ordered last night and after reading reviews and reflecting more on the cost, cancelled it just now.

Looking forward to one day when ALL VR headsets will be affordable and good.
Aug 25, 2018
114 posts
58 upvotes
Montreal
WOW, I just received email saying my order has Shipped, that was fast... Maybe get it before the october release day, thought I am not in a hurry as I still have my Rift CV1 and Quest 1
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1425 posts
873 upvotes
Canada
DavewuPC wrote: WOW, I just received email saying my order has Shipped, that was fast... Maybe get it before the october release day, thought I am not in a hurry as I still have my Rift CV1 and Quest 1
Did you order from Oculus directly or another website? Does it give you a tracking number?
Aug 29, 2018
272 posts
282 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: Or HP reverb G2.

BTW, facebook login aside, Quest 2 is a dud and worse than Quest technically.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/09/ ... vr-system/
I'm sure the whole point is to make a cheaper less technical device to take a lot of people onboard and try to create a critical mass for FB applications. Then it'll be virtual meetings and what not.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)