Hot Deals

[Oculus] Oculus Quest 2 pre-orders up - $459 64GB, $629 256GB, no tax, free shipping when ordering from Oculus

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 7:21 pm
Dec 5, 2005
303 posts
30 upvotes
Saskatoon
Xtrema wrote: Or HP reverb G2.

BTW, facebook login aside, Quest 2 is a dud and worse than Quest technically.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/09/ ... vr-system/
So far that is the only negative review. I don't dispute the points they raise, but it is a tough argument to say that it is worse than the original Quest. There are some cut corners to keep the cost super low, but unless your IPD simply doesn't work with Quest 2, it is not going to be a worse device.

If the controller tracking thing is actually an issue, I am sure Oculus will push an update to the device. They pushed a lot of fixes to the original Quest.
Dec 5, 2005
303 posts
30 upvotes
Saskatoon
Did anyone on here pre-order a previous Oculus device from Amazon or Best Buy? Just wondering how quickly it came in. I have found Oculus.com to be pretty conservative in their ship dates in the past. Things tend to arrive early.
Dec 11, 2008
145 posts
25 upvotes
Is there any other comparable wireless VR headset to the Quest? All the alternative suggestions I've seen in this thread seem to be wired
Feb 1, 2004
817 posts
123 upvotes
Markham
It seems like it's more expensive ordering directly from Oculus than from Amazon now.

64GB
Amazon - 399.99 * 1.13 = 452
Oculus - 459

256GB
Amazon - 550 * 1.13 = 621.15
Oculus - 629

Elite strap is about the same but the Elite strap w/ battery is also slightly more.
Jun 28, 2006
842 posts
43 upvotes
Calgary
xmat128x wrote: If you buy the link cable could you play Half-Life Alyx on this thing?
Don't need the official link cable, any cable will do now as long as it's USB 2.0 and above.
Oct 10, 2019
152 posts
136 upvotes
markj wrote: hardware wise this new quest looks really awesome, but like others have mentioned its a hard pass for me because of the facebook login requirement...
Seems like this is a good synopsis of the comments on this deal.

So, we just have to wait for another company to upgrade their VR to the Snapdragon XR2 Chip right?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
5988 posts
1870 upvotes
Thornhill
Xtrema wrote: Or HP reverb G2.

BTW, facebook login aside, Quest 2 is a dud and worse than Quest technically.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/09/ ... vr-system/
As a reverb VR user, it is far ahead in terms of quality and the new one blows anything, it is so real, you can use it as your desktop, to read and with the right video card, games look stunning at highest quality setting. It's more expensive,but unmatched quality and no personal data leakage and other garbage.
I use voice typing and rarely read what I typed...
Aug 30, 2015
660 posts
352 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
serious question, if you already have a facebook account, why are people not willing to use it to log into oculus? people dont want to use their real name in games? or are they concerned that facebook will scan your house? or combination of both?

I will just take my chances and create a new account using a new browser and after getting a new IP from my ISP. Good luck linking that to my real account.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5743 posts
4400 upvotes
pca1987 wrote: serious question, if you already have a facebook account, why are people not willing to use it to log into oculus? people dont want to use their real name in games? or are they concerned that facebook will scan your house? or combination of both?

I will just take my chances and create a new account using a new browser and after getting a new IP from my ISP. Good luck linking that to my real account.
Some people just want to play with virtual waifus without The Zuck knowing, fake or not. :D
Jul 16, 2010
48 posts
27 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: Some people just want to play with virtual waifus without The Zuck knowing, fake or not. :D
I don't understand this argument either, because didn't you previously need an Oculus account to use one in the first place? It's fair to assume Facebook and "The Zuck" had access to your Oculus account anyways since its owned by the same company.

I get if people are upset that Facebook bought Oculus back in 2014, but I don't understand recent Rift and Quest 1 owners avoiding the Quest 2 now that you have to use a Facebook account instead of an Oculus account. It seems pretty much the same to me.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5743 posts
4400 upvotes
iliketurtles wrote: I don't understand this argument either, because didn't you previously need an Oculus account to use one in the first place? It's fair to assume Facebook and "The Zuck" had access to your Oculus account anyways since its owned by the same company.

I get if people are upset that Facebook bought Oculus back in 2014, but I don't understand recent Rift and Quest 1 owners avoiding the Quest 2 now that you have to use a Facebook account instead of an Oculus account. It seems pretty much the same to me.
Rift was almost the only game in town AND you don't have to log into Facebook. So while data is there but it's a separate platform.

Now it's one of the same.
Dec 1, 2006
672 posts
70 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: Just a heads up you need to login with a Facebook account to use the device, Zuck is making sure FB is part of the "experience" now
Does that mean my wife can track I'm playing a game vs. taking care of my kids?
Feb 12, 2014
604 posts
1416 upvotes
vancouver
i wish i bought a samsung odyssey plus when it was 350$
Aug 25, 2018
123 posts
58 upvotes
Montreal
fujiapplelover wrote: Did you order from Oculus directly or another website? Does it give you a tracking number?
Ordered directly from Oculus website before the announcement via a direct link.
Yes, got a tracking number. Delivery by USPS apparently.. So might be delays to to COVID, fires and hurricanes in the US atm

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)