Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Oculus

Oculus Quest 2 pre-orders up - $459 64GB, $629 256GB, no tax, free shipping when ordering from Oculus

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2021 2:14 pm
Aug 20, 2018
273 posts
302 upvotes
carniver wrote: This or PS5?
Not a lot out for PS5 at launch, wait a few months on that one.
Mar 10, 2003
868 posts
53 upvotes
Montreal
how much the price will go after pre-order ?
May 26, 2011
191 posts
215 upvotes
Question for you guys: I have a USB stick that can plug into my Gear VR to play VR videos. Will I be able to do the same on Quest 2? Was the original Quest able to do that?
Mar 28, 2009
737 posts
345 upvotes
Ottawa
DavewuPC wrote: Correct sir, this isn’t mine, I am just telling you guys that the quest 2 should have been shipped to early first batch orders (there was a data sheet somewhere with the shipping info) as well as retailers. Yes, the image is actually linked from that Reddit thread as well.

If you have proof individuals have received their orders that would be awesome though. I ordered right away so I'd love to get this before Thanksgiving weekend.
The way you showed the picture and responded is very misleading. For everyone hoping it will arrive early, it's very unlikely it will arrive before the 13th or if you're lucky maybe the 12th if you live in the US. The only people getting shipments right now are the retailers that need to set up their displays and start advertising. Going through that thread it looks like it's just retailers which means absolutely nothing for those that pre ordered.
Last edited by VietTran on Sep 29th, 2020 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6343 upvotes
Winnipeg
oh I forgot all about VR since launch, what do people use them for these days? What am I missing out on?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
3101 posts
3349 upvotes
divx wrote: oh I forgot all about VR since launch, what do people use them for these days? What am I missing out on?
it's just another game console with a twist. popular games include half life alyx and beat saber
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12070 upvotes
Toronto
Canuck28 wrote: Question for you guys: I have a USB stick that can plug into my Gear VR to play VR videos. Will I be able to do the same on Quest 2? Was the original Quest able to do that?
I've never done it but possible with a sideloaded app:

Lots more options if you copy videos directly to the Quest though.
Jun 26, 2008
32 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, On
dcipub wrote: I wouldn't say it did nothing per se but the greater clarity and eliminating all reprojection was more valuable to me.

Individual finger tracking is really really cool, no question, but it's the problem every platform with exclusive features has: if it takes programmer time away from something else, they're not going to bother making use of platform-specific hardware. Even Valve only used it for little extra things in Alyx.
Well, VR is all about feeling present in the place. The smallest details really drive that home, and something like your VR hands looking and being in exactly the same place is REALLY REALLY important. I do expect upgraded controllers that will work for the Quest 2 eventually.

Anyone know how the controllers connect to the headset? Bluetooth would have too much delay, I'm curious if it's custom.

EDIT Answered my own question: YES
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comment ... tocol_for/
Jun 26, 2008
32 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, On
divx wrote: oh I forgot all about VR since launch, what do people use them for these days? What am I missing out on?
If you want to dip your toe in, go try it for an hour at the local VR arcade, the people there can recommend something based on your preference. If you enjoy it, don't go back. Buy a Quest 2 and spend the money on something at home. VR Arcades are really awesome with a friend playing 2 player stuff, coop is amazing in VR.
Jun 26, 2008
32 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, On
TanGU wrote: how much the price will go after pre-order ?
Looking at other stuff they released, the price will stay the same until they discontinue it. I expect it will be out of stock and people reselling it for more then the retail price though.
Nov 24, 2016
227 posts
212 upvotes
divx wrote: oh I forgot all about VR since launch, what do people use them for these days?
Games, design, simulation training, web conferences, virtual office, netflix, 360 photos/videos, pr0n
Dec 5, 2005
684 posts
328 upvotes
Saskatoon
Anyone get any shipping dates from Oculus, Amazon, or Best Buy yet? I ordered from all three on Sept 16. Nothing had updated for me on the three sites.

Relatedly, does Best Buy usually have some stock in store on the release date for items like this?
Aug 3, 2006
45 posts
32 upvotes
Montreal
rbanow wrote: Anyone get any shipping dates from Oculus, Amazon, or Best Buy yet? I ordered from all three on Sept 16. Nothing had updated for me on the three sites.

Relatedly, does Best Buy usually have some stock in store on the release date for items like this?
Some Canadian Reddit users claim that they have been able to pre-order the Oculus Quest 2 and arrange for in-store pickup on October 13th when the order is placed at a Best Buy brick and mortar location. I tried calling my local Best Buy store to confirm this but was unable to speak to a salesperson.

It appears that some Best Buys are starting to receive some in stock: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=bb&sku=14924016
Dec 5, 2005
684 posts
328 upvotes
Saskatoon
nickmar wrote: Some Canadian Reddit users claim that they have been able to pre-order the Oculus Quest 2 and arrange for in-store pickup on October 13th when the order is placed at a Best Buy brick and mortar location. I tried calling my local Best Buy store to confirm this but was unable to speak to a salesperson.

It appears that some Best Buys are starting to receive some in stock: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=bb&sku=14924016
Thank you for this. I definitely see which is the better location to go in Saskatoon now based on StrockTrack.

Here's stock for the Elite Strap. None in my city: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=bb&sku=14924019
Aug 7, 2013
110 posts
181 upvotes
Fredericton, NB
Starting to see a few oculus.com orders flipping to "Processing for Shipping" over on r/OculusQuest2.
Aug 3, 2006
45 posts
32 upvotes
Montreal
KeithD899 wrote: Starting to see a few oculus.com orders flipping to "Processing for Shipping" over on r/OculusQuest2.
Yeah, I saw that too. I placed an order on oculus.com the minute that the Quest 2 was available for pre-order. I also subsequently placed an order on amazon.ca. I'm debating whether or not to cancel these orders and place an in-person pre-order for in-store pickup at BB.
Aug 20, 2018
273 posts
302 upvotes
God help me if they ship before the 9th, I need my credit card billing cycle to turn over.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
jaksdj22 wrote: this can be used on born hub?
Is that the site that broadcasts live births?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)