Hot Deals

[Oculus] Oculus Quest 2 pre-orders up - $459 64GB, $629 256GB, no tax, free shipping when ordering from Oculus

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2020 1:21 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1081 posts
2811 upvotes
New Brunswick
Rob_EV wrote: Assuming the 13% tax is built into the price?
Ah didn't see the no-tax on Oculus' store
Feb 27, 2011
453 posts
1136 upvotes
Calgary, AB
It's been a great device in our home, heavily used by my teens. I enjoy it from time to time too.
Public Mobile, Zoomer and Telus EPP plans
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1460 posts
786 upvotes
Vancouver
Great, now I'm going to accidentally press share on Facebook while watching my Japanese Anime Videos.
Jan 5, 2005
66 posts
20 upvotes
Thanks OP!

It was the same good perk when ordering the Quest 1 directly from Oculus: No tax.

I'm a huge VR Enthusiast; so this is a "take my money" moment for me. If anyone here is on the "edge" or was thinking of buying, my gut is really telling me this is going to be a looooooooong road of CONTINUALLY Out-of-stock moments here for the Quest 2. (I hope anyways, it would mean that Oculus got it right again.)

Say what you will about Facebook and Zerk, but I really think they got the hit the market right with Quest 1.

64GB version would be very tight; I'm almost maxed at 64GB on my original Quest - especially with side-loading (ie. custom Apps).

I opted for the 256GB + Elite headstrap - Go VR!
Apr 29, 2020
30 posts
9 upvotes
Do I have to buy 2x of the Quest 2 if I want to play 2-player? so its really 2x $459/$629?
Nov 22, 2015
641 posts
760 upvotes
Toronto
ilovesushi12 wrote: Do I have to buy 2x of the Quest 2 if I want to play 2-player? so its really 2x $459/$629?
Yes...? Unless you play with someone else over the Internet.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
1925 posts
251 upvotes
I still have the first rift. How do you use add-ons like Beat Saver that make that game way more enjoyable.

Will this Quest be way clearer than a first rift, even with a graphics card?
Jul 10, 2019
165 posts
137 upvotes
Kevin8se7en wrote: Just sold my Oculus Quest 1 for $500 a few days ago. I'd be pissed if I bought it and saw this. haha
ugh. I have oculus quest 1 and I'm pissed I can't sell it :/
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3265 posts
3459 upvotes
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: ugh. I have oculus quest 1 and I'm pissed I can't sell it :/
Its not offered on the website anymore. So you might even have a better chance of selling it now. With ppl that dont like to link to facebook.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3265 posts
3459 upvotes
Anyone knows why this one is like $50 cheaper than the quest?

Just wondering why would they launch 2 with a cheaper price tag. Not complaining what so ever, I have been waiting for 2 for ages now.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3265 posts
3459 upvotes
Also, anyone complaining about linking to facebook. Can't we just open a blank facebook account and use that?
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2009
1444 posts
846 upvotes
Vancouver
PriceHunter wrote: Also, anyone complaining about linking to facebook. Can't we just open a blank facebook account and use that?
Facebook has zero transparency when it comes to gathering data, they are probably still harvesting a lot with your blank Facebook page (look at the like button for example). Also, apparently they are planning to ban users with illegitimate accounts. Something about their community standards, but it's unclear how strictly they'll enforce that.

I will not be buying this because giving Facebook a bunch of cameras in my house is incredibly dumb. But, it's frustrating since this is a good price, probably just to make that pill easier to swallow.