Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Oculus

Oculus Quest 2 pre-orders up - $459 64GB, $629 256GB, no tax, free shipping when ordering from Oculus

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2021 2:14 pm
Dec 13, 2013
70 posts
78 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anyone notice massive glare and blue skewing on white text? My Quest 1 never had this issue.
Boycott Tim Hortons, Subway, Rogers, Starbucks
Nov 24, 2016
227 posts
212 upvotes
fujiapplelover wrote: I just received my VR Cover today. There's a thicker and thinner foam pad that comes in the set. I like the thinner one better because I can get closer to the lenses and it feels a lot more comfortable than the stock pad. The thicker one feels very soft and cushioned and I think it provides even more comfort. And it's so much easier to clean after sweaty game sessions. Great for sharing the headset in a house party, you can just use a lysol wipe after each person.
Another nice thing about it is you can make fine adjustments to how the foam is positioned on the headset whereas it's fixed on the stock one. It uses velcro to attach on. I wear glasses and I can position the foam to allow more room to fit my glasses.

Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
god i feel dumb for cancelling the g2 for this thing, it is so bad. i didnt run into facebook trouble but the regular strap and the vr cover together plus the fov all together gave me a few headaches already and i eye strain.
it doesnt hold on your head properly forcing the front to be heavy and the face cover to push even more and its a terrible material i dont see how they could have botched this one like this. when i hold it to see if it works then the ipd is the worst, its like looking through a tunnel.
this and the fact that the thing isnt even updated to look better than the quest 1 is making me want to return it.
Nov 29, 2010
404 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga
I got mine yesterday and spent maybe 45 minutes inside it combined.

My last experience was owning the Oculus Rift CV2 in 2017.
I like it so far. I got a lot of eye strain the first time I tried it and I wonder if its because of the ipd changes. None of them feels quite right. But I got used to it along with further sessions.

I've only played RoboRecall so far since that was my fave game from back then and I'm still loving it.
The freedom of walking around without worrying about wires is definitely liberating.
Can't wait to upgrade my rig and play HL/Alyx on this hardware.

Definitely going to look into the VR Cover + Elite Headstrap.

1 issue I've noticed is that I seem to have smudged the lenses in some areas and i can't get them clean.
It's not super distracting but does anyone else have this issue?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
3101 posts
3349 upvotes
1MFK1 wrote: 1 issue I've noticed is that I seem to have smudged the lenses in some areas and i can't get them clean.
It's not super distracting but does anyone else have this issue?
I have bulk paper-based lens cleaners that are individually packed from Costco that I've been trying. I know that everyone online says to not use liquids, but if you get grime in there, you just smudge it around. It's super easy to get the lenses dirty trying to wrangle the default strap on.
Apr 8, 2010
28 posts
65 upvotes
Waterloo
facebook259 wrote: Btw. If anyone has a broken set where only the right eye works, I would be willing to make an offer. I just cannot bring myself to pay full price, when I only need half the display.
The Quest 2 only has a single display...So not likely for this to happen.
Think how phone VR worked. One display, two eyes.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4676 posts
1285 upvotes
Hamilton
I'm on the fence opening mine.
Got it from BB.

Whose truly happy with this and why??
Nov 24, 2016
227 posts
212 upvotes
sidshock wrote: I'm on the fence opening mine.
Got it from BB.

I'm very happy with mine. The screen is very crisp, I can't see the screen door effect and it's a huge improvement compared to other headsets I've tried in the past. Huge upgrade from a PSVR where graphics were blurry, shoddy tracking, and no analog sticks. It's very fast and snappy with the Snapdragon XR, boot times are quick. Hand tracking is pretty cool. I tried wireless connection to PC with virtual desktop and latency is low enough for games to be playable. Being wireless is my favorite feature of the Quest, wires are so annoying. For the price it's amazing what you get. The only complaint is the stock strap and I've ordered an Elite strap to make it more comfortable.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Darko2 wrote: I tried wireless virtual desktop and am getting over 90ms of lag :( .. I tried half life and everything looked great but the sound was delayed.. going to upgrade to wifi 6 and see if that solves the problem
Are you using an AC Router with 5Ghz WiFi or higher (6Ghz)?
That's a must for a smoother experience when using Virtual desktop.
Ideally you should be within close proximity to the Router when using those frequencies, the same or next room is ideal....from the basement to the top floor bedroom not so much.
Aug 17, 2007
364 posts
413 upvotes
waven101 wrote: god i feel dumb for cancelling the g2 for this thing, it is so bad. i didnt run into facebook trouble but the regular strap and the vr cover together plus the fov all together gave me a few headaches already and i eye strain.
it doesnt hold on your head properly forcing the front to be heavy and the face cover to push even more and its a terrible material i dont see how they could have botched this one like this. when i hold it to see if it works then the ipd is the worst, its like looking through a tunnel.
this and the fact that the thing isnt even updated to look better than the quest 1 is making me want to return it.
The G2 is $600 USD plus the gaming PC to run it. This is half the cost of the headset alone. I have no doubt the G2 will be better. For me, the value in standalone and price was worth the compromises. I don't think everyone will feel the same way and I think if you have the PC and the money (and portability etc. aren't important) there are far better systems for sure.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
dpvu wrote: The G2 is $600 USD plus the gaming PC to run it. This is half the cost of the headset alone. I have no doubt the G2 will be better. For me, the value in standalone and price was worth the compromises. I don't think everyone will feel the same way and I think if you have the PC and the money (and portability etc. aren't important) there are far better systems for sure.
true but most of these games can run on 1050ti or close to anyways, the cost of this headset is going to be close to that when you consider how it needs add on
im getting a new video card vr or not when they start going in stock.
tried it again maybe tomorrow when the eye strain will be gone.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1068 posts
782 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
fujiapplelover wrote: I just received my VR Cover today. There's a thicker and thinner foam pad that comes in the set. I like the thinner one better because I can get closer to the lenses and it feels a lot more comfortable than the stock pad. The thicker one feels very soft and cushioned and I think it provides even more comfort. And it's so much easier to clean after sweaty game sessions. Great for sharing the headset in a house party, you can just use a lysol wipe after each person.
https://www.oculus.com/accessories/vr-c ... ement-set/
are you talking about this? so overall would you say it's worth it?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
Nathie just put out a vid of free Quest 2 stuff if you want to try a bunch of things before diving into premium games:

Dec 14, 2006
276 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
sidshock wrote: I'm on the fence opening mine.
Got it from BB.

If you've never experienced VR before I would keep it. If you have a quest already I would return it. I don't know if it is the IPD changes but something is kind of off. White text has glare, feels like I'm looking into a tunnel. I definitely didn't experience this with the Quest 1. If this is your first VR experience I think you'll enjoy it and not even notice what I'm talking about.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4676 posts
1285 upvotes
Hamilton
Toasterdude wrote: If you've never experienced VR before I would keep it. If you have a quest already I would return it. I don't know if it is the IPD changes but something is kind of off. White text has glare, feels like I'm looking into a tunnel. I definitely didn't experience this with the Quest 1. If this is your first VR experience I think you'll enjoy it and not even notice what I'm talking about.
I've only played psvr for a day couple years ago.
I liked it.

Also tried a demo headset outside the Microsoft store at the Eaton centre Toronto around the same time couple years ago. Liked it too.
Nothing else.
Never used Q1
Dec 14, 2006
276 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
sidshock wrote: I've only played psvr for a day couple years ago.
I liked it.

Also tried a demo headset outside the Microsoft store at the Eaton centre Toronto around the same time couple years ago. Liked it too.
Nothing else.
Never used Q1
I'd go for it then. It is a definite upgrade over the PSVR! I'm keeping mine as well because I already sold the quest, but in hindsight I would have just kept the original. At the end of the day once you get into a game you forget about all the negatives anyways. Go with Superhot it is by far my favorite experience on the Quest. Even the first steps tutorial blew me away when I first experienced it.
Aug 17, 2007
364 posts
413 upvotes
sidshock wrote: I've only played psvr for a day couple years ago.
I liked it.

Nothing else.
Never used Q1
I left a pretty detailed comparison with PSVR a few pages back. In a nutshell, comfort might be lacking without the elite strap (but I've got mine to play nice and I actually may not spring for the strap until much later) and the IPD adjustment is not ideal but image quality, portability and ease of use and access blows PSVR out of the water. You are getting a good VR experience overall and there are better ones if you spend more but I don't think there is better standalone, untethered and free from a PC experience. The "screen door" is much better than PSVR but I do tend to agree that it is slightly more "tunnel"-y.
Nov 29, 2010
404 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga
Toasterdude wrote: If you've never experienced VR before I would keep it. If you have a quest already I would return it. I don't know if it is the IPD changes but something is kind of off. White text has glare, feels like I'm looking into a tunnel. I definitely didn't experience this with the Quest 1. If this is your first VR experience I think you'll enjoy it and not even notice what I'm talking about.
I agree with this summary.
I'm extremely happy with mine.
I just wanted something to play beatsaber on and this fits the bill perfectly in a portable well polished package.
I def think the IPD changes are a step back from what I remember of the Oculus Rift CV2 but for the price, I have no complaints.
Loomy wrote: I have bulk paper-based lens cleaners that are individually packed from Costco that I've been trying. I know that everyone online says to not use liquids, but if you get grime in there, you just smudge it around. It's super easy to get the lenses dirty trying to wrangle the default strap on.
Thats exactly how I smudged mine. With my forehead against the lens trying to get it on!
Apr 22, 2019
60 posts
45 upvotes
I bought mine from their website and received a $30 credit for game by email today.