Hot Deals

[Oculus] Oculus Quest 2 pre-orders up - $459 64GB, $629 256GB, no tax, free shipping when ordering from Oculus

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2020 11:10 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6655 posts
3641 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Melkor wrote: You make a good point. I ordered the bundle to save a little, but cancelled prior to Amazon shipment.

If I do end up picking up a Quest 2 in the future, I think ill go with a 64gb model. Another reason for my return is the fact that my wife made me spend 1k on a puppy Neutral Face
Puppy > Quest 2.0 any day!
Enjoy your new fur child!!!!!
Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6655 posts
3641 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Sepharite wrote: Does anyone here have both Q1 and Q2? Have you tried PC Streaming with VD,especially Half Life Alyx, does it look significantly better?
If I had VD, streaming would be the least of my concerns.
Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Jul 26, 2009
177 posts
17 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
Will Bestbuy take it back even if it's opened ? Was excited for this as I own the Quest and love it but the Quest 2 is definitely a down grade with the new IDP settings and the one screen instead of a screen per eye like the original Quest I can't handle being able to see the black sides definitely tunnel vision. Very disappointing I only hope they make a Pro version or something that brings back the stuff they skipped out on to cut the cost
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2009
1448 posts
849 upvotes
Vancouver
DavewuPC wrote: Apparently people on reddit are getting their accounts permanently banned after making a bunch of purchases on the Oculus store. Both Oculus and Facebook refusing to help...
waven101 wrote: facebook bans account or need to be verified a second time because of bots creating accounts for political reason and this is getting into a mess with the oculus account being banned. .
Highlighting again, if you think you can just make another Facebook account for privacy reasons... Not to mention it usually doesn't help anyways.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4323 posts
1066 upvotes
Hamilton
Ben.Lehman wrote: Wireless VR (From using V1 Quest) is so much nicer than wired VR. We bought our V1 for $300 off Kijiji a few weeks back and it's so much more freeing.

I've heard very positive things about this V2 unit.

Make sure to get the staple games / apps (Beat Saber is #1 in my mind). Others include Super Hot (If that's your jam), VR Chat (free), Prime Video / Netflix (For the "movie theatre" experience).
Half Life Alyx is a big one too! You'll need to get a cord and use a PC for that one though (Through Steam).

Careful not to smash the wall ;) Always cord the controllers to your wrists! And have fun!
thanks
Got it yesterday.
Going to open it today.
I have a very old macbook (2012) so no steam/half life for me sadly.
But I'll start with beat saber and I watched a brief video on Netflix VR it looked great!
I have plex and I read theres showtime or moviebox? I forget the name. I'm sure I'll find it.
But anyhow, I can set that up to stream my local plex too!
Sounds like a few good uses.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4323 posts
1066 upvotes
Hamilton
Melkor wrote: You make a good point. I ordered the bundle to save a little, but cancelled prior to Amazon shipment.

If I do end up picking up a Quest 2 in the future, I think ill go with a 64gb model. Another reason for my return is the fact that my wife made me spend 1k on a puppy Neutral Face
Well,
what kind ??? - Puppy, I mean....
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1851 posts
718 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Btw. If anyone has a broken set where only the right eye works, I would be willing to make an offer. I just cannot bring myself to pay full price, when I only need half the display.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5006 posts
3736 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
sidshock wrote: Well,
what kind ??? - Puppy, I mean....
Great Pyrenees....our second.

He doesn't look big next to my old timer, but that 10 week old weighs 30lbs.
Images
  • 20201011_195105.jpg
  • 20201011_131920.jpg
Dec 30, 2015
157 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
Melkor wrote: Great Pyrenees....our second.

Dog photos = instant like Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2344 posts
611 upvotes
Melkor wrote: Great Pyrenees....our second.

This will bring you much more satisfaction and happiness than a VR headset.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3635 posts
2937 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Facebook plugging directly in to your visual cortex. Nice.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/10 - 1x Koodo 35/7 - 1x Fido Data 0/3 🢀
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5006 posts
3736 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
spiralspirit wrote: This will bring you much more satisfaction and happiness than a VR headset.
He already has! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jan 12, 2017
256 posts
202 upvotes
I tried wireless virtual desktop and am getting over 90ms of lag :( .. I tried half life and everything looked great but the sound was delayed.. going to upgrade to wifi 6 and see if that solves the problem
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1520 posts
943 upvotes
AB
Cancelled my Quest 2 order after seeing doggo pics. Made me realize once again that true happiness cannot be found in materialistic things.
Aug 30, 2015
697 posts
380 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
sidshock wrote: I watched a brief video on Netflix VR it looked great!
really? I just tried and the image is terrible for me. The room (couch, tv, window, etc) looks sharp, but the actual video is trash
did it look crisp to you?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)