Hot Deals

[Oculus] Oculus Quest 2 pre-orders up - $459 64GB, $629 256GB, no tax, free shipping when ordering from Oculus

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 9:52 am
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3263 posts
3445 upvotes
KeithD899 wrote: Any idea if you'd have to pay for return shipping? I looked on their site and it's not clear.
This is what I am reading from their website "Get free delivery and returns", also I recall chatting with their customer support as I was complaining that they don't have a place to trial the product, the agent said that I can order it and trial it for 30 days and free return if I don't like it.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Jul 10, 2019
165 posts
137 upvotes
pca1987 wrote: create a fake new account?
if Facebook finds out you used a fake account or even a fake name, they can ban you.

essentially, they can do whatever they want and bend rules, because we do not have any laws that protect us against this kind of practice (or they'll find ways to circumvent it).

this has been done in the past - ie locking you out of your Facebook account until you "prove" to them your identity like submitting your passport photo.

even if you buy your device, you do not own it - they do. they can even lock your device to your account and prevent it from being resold (i'm not saying it has happened, but I am saying it CAN).
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8603 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto
KeithD899 wrote: Any idea if you'd have to pay for return shipping? I looked on their site and it's not clear.
Free return shipping to Oculus, I've done it before on some accessories.
laststar wrote: Best Buy has it for $399.99, might be cheaper with taxes depending where you live:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/oc ... s/14924016
Would also be easier to return
True, but just note they don't take opened returns.

Virtual Reality Headsets (Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR, etc.)
Return Period: 30 days
Condition: Unopened
Last edited by Angultra on Sep 16th, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 10, 2019
165 posts
137 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote: This is what I am reading from their website "Get free delivery and returns", also I recall chatting with their customer support as I was complaining that they don't have a place to trial the product, the agent said that I can order it and trial it for 30 days and free return if I don't like it.

just a heads up for everyone - when you order your headset through the oculus website, Facebook will tie the name used in shipping *permanently* through the Oculus account that you created. So even if you wanted to change your real name after receiving the headset, you can't.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3263 posts
3445 upvotes
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: if Facebook finds out you used a fake account or even a fake name, they can ban you.

essentially, they can do whatever they want and bend rules, because we do not have any laws that protect us against this kind of practice (or they'll find ways to circumvent it).

this has been done in the past - ie locking you out of your Facebook account until you "prove" to them your identity like submitting your passport photo.

even if you buy your device, you do not own it - they do. they can even lock your device to your account and prevent it from being resold (i'm not saying it has happened, but I am saying it CAN).
Mentioned in this article, 30 day bans for example, but not permanent.

https://www.roadtovr.com/fake-facebook- ... 20headsets.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Jul 10, 2019
165 posts
137 upvotes
Kevin8se7en wrote: Yes. Just make a ghost account and you're good to go.
If they find out or have suspicious (or hell, just for the HECK of it - they don't need a reason), they'll lock you out of your account and request you to submit passport photos as proof of identity (just like they do with Facebook)
Mar 7, 2011
11 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
I returned the original Quest and they had prepaid shipping labels.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3263 posts
3445 upvotes
Okay, reading a lot about what facebook can and cant do, I got a turn off on this. Will read more tonight prior to deciding.
Dec 8, 2009
411 posts
370 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote: I'm definitely getting this. But torn between a 64 GB or the 256 GB. Anyone with Oculus quest experience can way in on the need for that much space?
256 GB for sure. I don't get why it isn't 128 GB and 256 GB.

I have an Oculus Go and 64 GB is just barely enough for me. With the Quest you are going to have larger games and media files and the OS always takes up a decent chunk of your space and updates just keep adding to that.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8603 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto
TempletonPeck wrote: 256 GB for sure. I don't get why it isn't 128 GB and 256 GB.

I have an Oculus Go and 64 GB is just barely enough for me. With the Quest you are going to have larger games and media files and the OS always takes up a decent chunk of your space and updates just keep adding to that.
Same like iPads with 32GB / 128GB, they give you just barely enough to want to buy the upper model.

I have the 64GB Quest and is fine as long as you stream media, some light housekeeping for apps but that's it. Many people also buy it primarily as a PC headset so wouldn't matter.
Mar 19, 2010
23 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: just a heads up for everyone - when you order your headset through the oculus website, Facebook will tie the name used in shipping *permanently* through the Oculus account that you created. So even if you wanted to change your real name after receiving the headset, you can't.

Can this be validated? Does that mean if you want to sell it in future you can't because its locked to the original purchaser?

If bought through Bestbuy and you register it under your name is this still the case?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3263 posts
3445 upvotes
bigangouri1 wrote: Can this be validated? Does that mean if you want to sell it in future you can't because its locked to the original purchaser?

If bought through Bestbuy and you register it under your name is this still the case?
Looking for the same answer here. I think he was talking about the oculus account that will be linked to your oculus device. You can always unlink it.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3263 posts
3445 upvotes
Details about privacy:

https://www.oculus.com/legal/privacy-policy/

"We also share de-identified or aggregate data with others. De-identified data means information where we have removed your name and other data that could reasonably be used to identify you. Aggregate data is data that has been combined with other data so that it doesn’t identify any specific person. For example, we provide developers with aggregated statistics about the number of people from a particular region that use our Services, so developers can create content tailored for people in that market."
Jul 16, 2010
48 posts
27 upvotes
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: just a heads up for everyone - when you order your headset through the oculus website, Facebook will tie the name used in shipping *permanently* through the Oculus account that you created. So even if you wanted to change your real name after receiving the headset, you can't.
There's a whole lot of fear mongering going on in this thread. You know people will buy this for people as a gift right? How would locking a device to the person who purchased it any make sense?

Do you have any proof that they are doing this before making these claims?
Last edited by iliketurtles on Sep 16th, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.